Seravalli: Vegas looking to terminate Lehner deal after he failed to report for physical

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Oooofffff his creditors are going to get a court order to force his a$$ to show up.

Be curious if any creditors are tied to the contract and not Lehner himself like Kane.

Last edited:

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Oooofffff his creditors are going to get a court order to force his a$$ to show up.

Be curious if any creditors are tied to the contract and Lehner himself like Kane.

One of the settlements he made included garnishing of 25% of his NHL contract.

Leafshater67

Nov 2, 2019
Halifax
This. It was a feel good story many years ago, but mental illness is exactly that....an illness. There's no cure either, it's just treating symptoms. If Lehner has done anything he's got a reason, he's sick. It may cost him the salary, but it's more important we hope he can get back on track with the meds and support he needs (if that his what's happening here).

Don't blame Vegas, and I don't blame Lehner. Shouldn't really be badmouthing either one here.

Serious mental health issues? Not many....
You really don’t know anyone with serious mental health issues who wouldn’t spend 15 minutes with a doctor for 5m? Really? I find that hard to believe…..

Reactions: kevistar

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
This. It was a feel good story many years ago, but mental illness is exactly that....an illness. There's no cure either, it's just treating symptoms. If Lehner has done anything he's got a reason, he's sick. It may cost him the salary, but it's more important we hope he can get back on track with the meds and support he needs (if that his what's happening here).

Don't blame Vegas, and I don't blame Lehner. Shouldn't really be badmouthing either one here.

Serious mental health issues? Not many....

I agree people should go easy on Lehner. Not sure why it's sometimes ok to pile on guys who have well publicized mental issues. He's one of the best hockey interviews out there and isn't afraid to say anything. I really respected him a lot after hearing him on a few podcasts.

I do however condone badmouthing Vegas. Fire away boys!

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hard to believe they ditched MAF for this guy.

They are lucky Hill and Thompson worked out.
He was a better goalie than MAF at that point, no matter if his career won’t go down as being as good as MAF’s.

He’s just a head case.

Reactions: DaveG

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
How can North Americans be so unaware of the situation in Russia and Europe? If he signs in the KHL he would be persona non grata in Sweden. Every single media would scream bloody murder and he would have a hard time even living in Sweden after he's retired.
I'm pretty sure 99% of adults know what's happening. We're not stupid.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Lehner is a moron. Goes over 50 in debt for fraud. He obviously isn't showing up because not one cent of that is his and it's going to creditors. Then gives big sob stories about his "mental health" be a man a grow up. God I can't stand this guy.

The 50 million report was nonsense journalism.

Lehner filed for chapter 7 bankruptcy and chose the level of 10 million to 50 million in liabilities. There's no exact amount given, so it could be anything in that range.

Reactions: DaveG

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
yet only one team seems to be skirting the rules at will without any sort of penalties or repercussions. Curious.

usually it doesn't. at least when the season is under way
W
Edit. replied to the wrong posting

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Lehner is so screwed if its terminated. His currently ongoing Bankruptcy hearings had one part close that relied on the salary from this upcoming season to repay 3m (25% garnished from his wages, etc). Now if he gets terminated, he's likely not getting that same benefit anymore and is back to square one.

I think the part that I hope we don't see is that yeah he suffers from bi-polar disorder, addition, and thoughts of suicide (Depression) and has spoken about it, but committing fraud a few times to get into this situation and now having no good outlook on repaying it back, I just worry he'll do something stupid. No one wants to find out anything tragic because of this sort of thing, you know?

It's sad to see what has become of his life and career after this article: https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/52...is-i-could-not-stand-being-alone-in-my-brain/

He was a feel good story about over coming those obstacles and finding a way to succeed, then all of this fraud and other bs happens and yeah.

Reactions: Vipers31

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
yet only one team seems to be skirting the rules at will without any sort of penalties or repercussions. Curious.
What's curious is that you actually believe that.

Lots of teams go over the cap and use LTIR to handle that.... without any sort of penalties or repercussions. Just one example, and I can list others, is Tampa.
Also, there are teams that are under the floor that use LTIR to get away with spending less $$ than the CBA requires.

Teams use the letter of the CBA to break the spirit of it and the league hasn't punished any of them. If the Sharks ever get good again, they'll likely use it too.

Bizz

Slacked for Mack
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose

Lots of teams go over the cap and use LTIR to handle that.... without any sort of penalties or repercussions. Just one example, and I can list others, is Tampa.
Also, there are teams that are under the floor that use LTIR to get away with spending less $$ than the CBA requires.

Teams use the letter of the CBA to break the spirit of it and the league hasn't punished any of them. If the Sharks ever get good again, they'll likely use it too.

Tampa did it once to a player who ended up being legitimately injured (Kucherov).

Vegas did it THREE. (3). TIMES.

THREE YEARS IN A ROW.

TO THE SAME PLAYER.

WHO WAS VERY CLEARLY NEVER INJURED AND VERY CLEARLY LIED ABOUT IT.

STONE EVEN HAD THE BALLS TO GLOAT ABOUT IT.

that's blatant cheating and they were ALLOWED to get away with it because Bettman is too chickenshit to actually investigate it.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
btw

If Lehner is still suffering from several depression that maybe why he did not report. I know depression is one of those subjects either you sort of understand or do not. Lehner was diagnosed with depression amongst other things and some people who suffer from depression are unable to travel

hangman005

It's my first day.
Apr 19, 2015
Iceland II the hotter crappier version.
Tampa did it once to a player who ended up being legitimately injured (Kucherov).

Vegas did it THREE. (3). TIMES.

THREE YEARS IN A ROW.

TO THE SAME PLAYER.

WHO WAS VERY CLEARLY NEVER INJURED AND VERY CLEARLY LIED ABOUT IT.

STONE EVEN HAD THE BALLS TO GLOAT ABOUT IT.

that's blatant cheating and they were ALLOWED to get away with it because Bettman is too chickenshit to actually investigate it.
Lol it's so humorous who this BS still goes around. Stone could get crushed by the jumbotron falling to the ice during opening night and there will be plenty who here say he's faking it and was never injured.

Reactions: frozenrubber

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Sponsor
Jul 13, 2022
Finland
The narrative that "why didn't he just report, anyone could do that" is severely underestimating actual mental health issues. It doesn't really take all that much to make a person unable to get up from the bed, for example, or be aware of what day of the week it is, or buy plane tickets etc. I wouldn't rule out somebody in his shoes just being completely oblivious to what's going on in the world, or care at all about the NHL season, or remember that there's some medicals that he'd need to attend if his mind is set on "I'm done playing".

Vegas probably didn't try very hard to remind him that he needs to attend the medical.

In a lot of cases the only way a person could make this kind of an appointment, no matter the financial benefit, is to have somebody else walk them to the appointment holding their hand. Lehner probably doesn't have that person around him. Could easily explain everything without any schemes.

Reactions: Armourboy and DaveG

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Lol it's so humorous who this BS still goes around. Stone could get crushed by the jumbotron falling to the ice during opening night and there will be plenty who here say he's faking it and was never injured.
Let me twist what you are talking about. 99% of fans believe he was healthy enough to come back a lot earlier than he did, but couldn't cause the Knights would have has to move an equal contract out.

No one is saying he was not injured. He was kept on the LTIR longer due to cap reasons.

Reactions: Viqsi

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012

Difference is with Tampa being a one-off and losing the player for the season vs Vegas doing it 3 consecutive years at the most opportune time possible, then magic happens for game 1 each time. If the Sharks are competitive before that loophole is closed, I'd rather then not rely on openly cheating.

Reactions: Bizz and Viqsi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad