Rumor: 23-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Part Trois: The Road to the Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
We need to get rid of his 4M cap hit for next year so it's not pointless. Pay now or pay next summer to do it.
May not even need to pay. Especially nothing significant
Retain $1-1.5m for a year and some feeder will probably see vet value in him.
Otherwise buy him out and eat $1.3 for 2 years.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
May not even need to pay. Especially nothing significant
Retain $1-1.5m for a year and some feeder will probably see vet value in him.
Otherwise buy him out and eat $1.3 for 2 years.
Can't afford to retain or buy him out.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Pretty good chance they already tried to get rid of Johansen, if you believe the Tanev rumors.

Those weren't really Avs rumors though. The rumor was a team was willing to trade a 1st if they could move a contract.

Lebrun speculated that it could be TWO teams (everyone forgets that). He said, "Two teams that could make sense" are Edmonton and Colorado. So it could have just been Edmonton.

But there's got to be more playoff teams out there that would like to move a contract, so they can make bigger moves at the deadline.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
I know Sid wants to be a lifer in Pittsburgh, but it's a real shame. And I would say that for any superstar that still had juice left. Great players belong in the playoffs.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Vancouver getting less for Lindholm from Boston (they’re not trading him here - if he’s worked out that badly there is he really better than Henrique anyways?) than they gave up for him would be delightful

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
Really doubt they'd trade him to Colorado. Boston needs a C just as badly, and then Vancouver could keep him out of the west.
If this really happens, as a neutral, I would absolutely love to see a Canucks - Bruins final (that is, of course, only if the Avs are out of it).

Reactions: Foppa2118
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad