Rumor: 23-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Part Trois: The Road to the Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Acquire Guentzel, get him to talk to Sid about how great the Avs are, last second deal for Sid

Trade Guentzel for Crosby.

iu

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I don't know why people say with so much confidence that he won't play.

He might not, but that's certainly not the picture Gabe and the team has been painting all year, and they know a lot more than us on his chances.

Including recently when they said Gabe's chomping at the bit and has to be told to slow down. We're still almost two months away from Round 1 let alone Round 2 which is within his expected timeline to return, and he's been skating for two months already.
Landy will play again. Hes going to do everything he can to play again even if it means losing his legs that dudes going to play for the Avs again one day.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
If the Avs are adding a depth D, I think they go RD. Gives them the option to sit JJ and play Bo on the left side.

I know it may illicit an ugly response, but I can see them adding Savard.

Big body, physical D man, that plays well in the playoffs. Leads Montreal in PK time.

He could potentially replace Manson's role if they decide to move him for cap reasons in the off season when his NTC becomes a 12 team NTC. Makes $1M less than Manson for one more year, or even less if they get retention.

I like Manson, but moving him instead could put off a Girard/Byram decision another year, and ultimately I think they'll probably need to move two of the three to resign Mikko in a couple years.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I agree. Who wants a 4C who doesn't forecheck, has 0 defense and can't PK?

I still have this image of him completely stationery at the Avs blue line and slowly moving his stick while the other team is entering the zone at full speed right next him. Brutal.

Put him at wing, taking faceoffs etc. I'm in the middle on keeping him or not, but it seems pointless to pay to get rid of him if you don't need to. Bednar will scratch him if he doesn't like the roster with him in the lineup.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Landy will play again. Hes going to do everything he can to play again even if it means losing his legs that dudes going to play for the Avs again one day.

Yep, considering he was playing through the injury/issue when we won.

He'll play, and I wouldn't put it past him to play through the pain one last time as well.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Put him at wing, taking faceoffs etc. I'm in the middle on keeping him or not, but it seems pointless to pay to get rid of him if you don't need to. Bednar will scratch him if he doesn't like the roster with him in the lineup.
We need to get rid of his 4M cap hit for next year so it's not pointless. Pay now or pay next summer to do it.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I agree. Who wants a 4C who doesn't forecheck, has 0 defense and can't PK?

I still have this image of him completely stationery at the Avs blue line and slowly moving his stick while the other team is entering the zone at full speed right next him. Brutal.

FYI Henrique is almost tied in minutes for the Ducks top PKer.

Averaged 6 seconds less than Carrick.

I think the PK will be a point of emphasis at the deadline. It's been pretty inconsistent this year.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
If the Avs are adding a depth D, I think they go RD. Gives them the option to sit JJ and play Bo on the left side.

Big body, physical D man, that plays well in the playoffs. Leads Montreal in PK time.

He could potentially replace Manson's role if they decide to move him for cap reasons in the off season when his NTC becomes a 12 team NTC. Makes $1M less than Manson for one more year, or even less if they get retention.

I like Manson, but moving him instead could put off a Girard/Byram decision another year, and ultimately I think they'll probably need to move two of the three to resign Mikko in a couple years.
I like the idea of Seeler since he would be the replacement for JJ, rather than the partner. I'm sure the club won't see it that way though.

Reactions: Chibby

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Depending on the price I wouldn’t hate Savard.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
FYI Henrique is almost tied in minutes for the Ducks top PKer.

Averaged 6 seconds less than Carrick.

I think the PK will be a point of emphasis at the deadline. It's been pretty inconsistent this year.
I do think Henrique is the best rental option at center. Still not ideal but the best one left.

Lindholm appears to be a bad fit in Vancouver. Gotta love entertaining and creative GM's.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I do think Henrique is the best rental option at center. Still not ideal but the best one left.

Lindholm appears to be a bad fit in Vancouver. Gotta love entertaining and creative GM's.
Maybe we can swoop in and get Lindholm for cheap. Even though I'm definitely worried about his play this year.

Reactions: Vk1ing and Chibby
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad