Rumor: 23-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Part Trois: The Road to the Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I just can't believe some of you would prefer Lindholm to Henrique. Mind blown.
I mean Lindholms younger and has a way higher ceiling, makes a lot of sense tbf. I wasn’t to fussed either way with Lindholm, but if those were the two options give me Lindholm all day.

Reactions: Avs44

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I mean Lindholms younger and has a way higher ceiling, makes a lot of sense tbf. I wasn’t to fussed either way with Lindholm, but if those were the two options give me Lindholm all day.
He already had a bad season in CGY and he is doing worst in VAN.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Not sure why people assume the Canucks would be losing face in this. We'll see...but if they swap Lindholm for Guentzel 1 for 1 it's an easy way out and a win for them.

What they paid for Lindholm is pretty much the asking price for Guentzel so...

Very unlikely they recoup the price for Lindholm now though.

They're desperate to move him, and I would bet have limited choices because they're probably working with Lindholm to find a place he wants to go, to avoid reputational harm.

So they'll be paying twice as much for Guentzal and can't afford to resign him.

If they don't win the Cup, it will be a big failure.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Didn't this happen to Thomas Vanek, too? From Buffalo to NYI then NYI to Montreal?

Kind of different. NYI traded for Vanek at the beginning of the season, but then Tavares injured his knee during the Olympics.

They dropped in the standings and Vanek turned down a huge contract from the Isles so they traded him at the deadline. I think they squeeked into the playoffs in the 8th seed though.

So closer to what Buffalo may do with EJ this year. There's other examples but they're escaping me right now. I feel like Buffalo did it with someone else too that I thought they only signed to flip at the deadline, but I'm not seeing it now.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
giphy.gif

Wennberg at the airport wondering where he's supposed to go.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I mean the rumor is using Lindholm to get Guentzel. That’s far different than just trading Lindholm for a loss.

If they trade Lindholm to Boston at like half the value they gave up, then outbid Vegas for Guentzal, and still don't win the Cup, that will be a fairly big loss of assets.

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Surprise us Cmac and find a way to unload Ryjo for Gourde. That little fella will get us back to the pesky Avs way.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
The Lindholm stuff is wild. Talk about bring aggressive as a GM. Wish we had that kind of aggression here.

I'm guessing Lindholm was the plan B if they couldn't get Pettersson to re-sign which further suggests the rumors about Carolina are probably true. But now that he's signed the need for Lindholm diminishes quite a bit. It would make sense if they can get Guentzel instead as he's a better fit on the wing and no doubt plenty of teams areas till gonna be happy to pay a 1st+ for Lindholm, potentially including us.

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Surprise us Cmac and find a way to unload Ryjo for Gourde. That little fella will get us back to the pesky Avs way.

Gourde fits the Avs style much better than RJ, but he's more of a 3C. Offensively he's not really an upgrade on RJ, and offensive support is arguably the main role of a 2C.

2023-24 Pace

Gourde - 11 goals 32 points
Johansen - 17 goals 30 points

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
If they trade Lindholm at like half the value they gave up, then outbid Vegas for Guentzal, and still don't win the Cup, that will be a fairly big loss of assets.
I mean would depend on the trade, but my guess is it would be a 3 way.

Boston: Lindholm
Vancouver: Guentzel
Pens: Picks and prospects from mainly Boston

I mean maybe Vancouver sends out some late prospects and stuff but idk it doesn’t seem that bad to me.

Now if Vancouver just sent Lindholm to Boston for less than they got him for and didn’t get Guentzel or another top 6 option than it’d be really problematic .

Reactions: CobraAcesS

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
The Lindholm stuff is wild. Talk about bring aggressive as a GM. Wish we had that kind of aggression here.

I'm guessing Lindholm was the plan B if they couldn't get Pettersson to re-sign which further suggests the rumors about Carolina are probably true. But now that he's signed the need for Lindholm diminishes quite a bit. It would make sense if they can get Guentzel instead as he's a better fit on the wing and no doubt plenty of teams areas till gonna be happy to pay a 1st+ for Lindholm, potentially including us.

If they can flip Lindholm for Guentzel straight up then sure but if they have to add anymore that's rediculous.

They already traded 5 valuable assets for Lindholm.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
If they can flip Lindholm for Guentzel straight up then sure but if they have to add anymore that's rediculous.

They already traded 5 valuable assets for Lindholm.
That certainly isn't remotely accurate. They traded like 1.5 valuable assets, the rest was throwin fluff and 1 lottery ticket.

And they'll certainly recoup at least the most valuable asset in the deal(1st round pick) if they do flip him. The rest of the fluff, who cares.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
You guys should pump the brakes on thinking this is just going to go 'honky dory' for Alvin with this situation.

There is a reason, Boston didn't want to pony up what's needed to get Elias to come and play with his brother and I believe (and have believed all along) that it's because they already know they can sign him this summer for free.

Alvin - didn't do his homework - and made a trade for Lindholm as a back-up in case he needed to trade EP40 - instead of signing EP40 and trading those same assets for Guentzel straight-out.

I don't think he'll come out of this unscathed but sometimes GMs are really dumb and might let him off the hook (kyle dumbass). All I know is, I'll be surprised if Boston pays up the current Guentzel ask, just so they can get Lindholm when they probably planned to sign him in July without giving up anything.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
That certainly isn't remotely accurate. They traded like 1.5 valuable assets, the rest was throwin fluff and 1 lottery ticket.

And they'll certainly recoup at least the most valuable asset in the deal(1st round pick) if they do flip him. The rest of the fluff, who cares.

The first sentiment I had was if they pull a 1st for a player that is trending down instead of up, after already having a down year before the trade, it's a win.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
You guys should pump the brakes on thinking this is just going to go 'honky dory' for Alvin with this situation.

There is a reason, Boston didn't want to pony up what's needed to get Elias to come and play with his brother and I believe (and have believed all along) that it's because they already know they can sign him this summer for free.

Alvin - didn't do his homework - and made a trade for Lindholm as a back-up in case he needed to trade EP40 - instead of signing EP40 and trading those same assets for Guentzel straight-out.

I don't think he'll come out of this unscathed but sometimes GMs are really dumb and might let him off the hook (kyle dumbass). All I know is, I'll be surprised if Boston pays up the current Guentzel ask, just so they can get Lindholm when they probably planned to sign him in July without giving up anything.
Hampus isn’t his brother, though. :naughty:

Reactions: Alienblood

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Guentzel also carries a $6M cap hit while Lindholm only $4.85M. Vancouver also has 3 guys on LTIR, but Soucy might be back before the end of the season, and he makes $3.25M. Boston only has $61k in cap space right now.

There would have to be other players involved for cap purposes, and probably multiple teams to make cap room for either player.

JH21

Oct 20, 2019

You might want to do some research on the players they traded away.

Kuzmenko straight up for a rental Lindholm would be a win for Calgary but they got a 1st and a 4th next year and a Dman who is setting records in the WHL and a very good defensive prospect in Finland.

You can't just make sh+t up and expect everyone to believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad