Rumor: 23-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Part Trois: The Road to the Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
The critics are gonna be real loud here soon if CMac doesn’t do anything. His legacy right now is Lars Eller for a 2nd round pick. Still living in the shadow of what Sakic built.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
That's not what he's saying.

He's saying if CMac traded lots of assets for Lindholm and then a month later traded him for less or much less because he wasn't working out he'd be labeled a dumbass.

With CMac, we'd know he'd make the deal and sit on it. This board, even with Lindholm's play, would be talking about being Cup favorites over and over since the trade happened.

In that instance where CMac was trading again though, yeah I'm sure many would be saying that.

How tf is this not tampering lol
It is common practice to give permission to work out a deal.

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
Guentzel also carries a $6M cap hit while Lindholm only $4.85M. Vancouver also has 3 guys on LTIR, but Soucy might be back before the end of the season, and he makes $3.25M. Boston only has $61k in cap space right now.

There would have to be other players involved for cap purposes, and probably multiple teams to make cap room for either player.
I'm sure DeBrusk would wind up moving.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
With CMac, we'd know he'd make the deal and sit on it. This board, even with Lindholm's play, would be talking about being Cup favorites over and over since the trade happened.

In that instance where CMac was trading again though, yeah I'm sure many would be saying that.

Yeah and that was exactly my point. Instead of waiting and see the end result of the Lindholm-Guentzel trade people here would be given us pages and pages of posts on how bad CMac is until the trade. And then we would here how it had to pay once more to get it happened.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah and that was exactly my point. Instead of waiting and see the end result of the Lindholm-Guentzel trade people here would be given us pages and pages of posts on how bad CMac is until the trade. And then we would here how it had to pay once more to get it happened.
My bad for misinterpreting.

Reactions: AllAboutAvs

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

Despite his track record, I predict he’s a playoff monster this year. I’m talking possibly leading the Knights in goals with a lot of them being timely clutch goals. I’ve been watching him a lot lately and he’s playing angry. When he plays angry he uses his size the way every coach ever wished he would.

Watch this be the move of the deadline.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

I don't doubt that but have we even heard anything regarding the Flames being close to a deal here? Last I saw it was teams like Tampa and Florida interested. Now they got a potential contract????

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Despite his track record, I predict he’s a playoff monster this year. I’m talking possibly leading the Knights in goals with a lot of them being timely clutch goals. I’ve been watching him a lot lately and he’s playing angry. When he plays angry he uses his size the way every coach ever wished he would.

Trying to hit another Barbeshev v2. Can never have enough physical, hard nosed wingers come playoff time.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Mantha seems like a guy that will work in Vegas... he'll be properly motivated (which has always been a problem), they play a more deliberate style, they have plenty of workers to surround him with, and as a team, they are pretty good passers to feed his shot. I hate him as a player and would never want him... that just feels like a move that will work and Mantha gets 10 goals down the stretch to earn a bad contract from someone in the summer.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

Yeah as I just stated... it feels like a good move. There isn't much I can back it up with... but I can see that being a great move.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Mantha seems like a guy that will work in Vegas... he'll be properly motivated (which has always been a problem), they play a more deliberate style, they have plenty of workers to surround him with, and as a team, they are pretty good passers to feed his shot. I hate him as a player and would never want him... that just feels like a move that will work and Mantha gets 10 goals down the stretch to earn a bad contract from someone in the summer.

Those are great numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad