2025 NHL Entry Draft

Anardil

Nov 25, 2012
West of Chalet BBQ
I was more impressed by the group of under agers for Team Canada at the most recent U18s than the draft eligible players.

And Martone stood out for me. Right now he's my choice for the next draft. However, I would be happy with many of the '25s which were part of Team Canada.

I am intrigued by many forwards that will be available next summer. It will be an interesting year prospect watching wise, especially if HuGo go into next season with a similar roster that finished last season.

Reactions: BeliveauFan4ever

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Again, Frondell might not be a bad option. I understand very little folks on HF have seen him yet. Let's see what happens at Hlinka.
I’m not saying he isn’t good or might not be worthy of #1 next june. I just think Martone is the type of player the habs would take 1st.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Again, Frondell might not be a bad option. I understand very little folks on HF have seen him yet. Let's see what happens at Hlinka.

He's been out since February with some type of lower body injury. They initially announced him as being on Team Sweden for the Hkinka then replaced him within a few hours.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
2 big junior events this summer.

World Junior Summer Showcase is July 26 to August 3, so next weekend. Most players are already drafted, but there will be some underagers, like Martone & Hagens. 2 top picks for 2025.

Sweden, Finland, 2 USA teams & 2 Canadian teams are playing. Don't know if it'll be televised at all.

Gretzky-Hlinka is August 5-10. McKenna is expected to play this tournament along with a majority of 2025s.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
He's been out since February with some type of lower body injury. They initially announced him as being on Team Sweden for the Hkinka then replaced him within a few hours.

Yeah didn't see the replacement until now.

2 big junior events this summer.

World Junior Summer Showcase is July 26 to August 3, so next weekend. Most players are already drafted, but there will be some underagers, like Martone & Hagens. 2 top picks for 2025.

Sweden, Finland, 2 USA teams & 2 Canadian teams are playing. Don't know if it'll be televised at all.

Gretzky-Hlinka is August 5-10. McKenna is expected to play this tournament along with a majority of 2025s.

And a first look at Roobroeck at this level (2nd 2026)

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
Living in Edmonton, I might plan to catch a game or two at the Hlinka in August. Do we know which prospects will be there that have significant first round 2025 promise? I haven't been able to find the rosters online - maybe they haven't been selected yet.

Reactions: Toene

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Living in Edmonton, I might plan to catch a game or two at the Hlinka in August. Do we know which prospects will be there that have significant first round 2025 promise? I haven't been able to find the rosters online - maybe they haven't been selected yet.

Not sure if Hagens will be there.
Martone and McQueen too old I believe.
Frondell is hurt.
Ryabkind can't play as Russia isn't allowed in.

I think you'll most likely see the tier lower like Ihs Wozniak

Reactions: Trabdy2

BoneHutson

Mar 26, 2023
Not sure if Hagens will be there.
Martone and McQueen too old I believe.
Frondell is hurt.
Ryabkind can't play as Russia isn't allowed in.

I think you'll most likely see the tier lower like Ihs Wozniak
Schaefer, Reschny, Desnoyers, Guité are all seen as top 15 guys rn who will be there at the Hlinka for CAN. Boumedienne and Eklund for SWE. Benak for CZE as well

Reactions: Toene and Trabdy2

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
I don’t know if this was already posted here but was looking at other team draft threads and just saw this on the Flyers board.

Philly is going all in on the 2025 draft. 3 1st and 3 2nd. They traded their late 1st this year to EDM for their 25’ 1st.

They are loaded on wings but have no centers which is why they reached for Luchanko apparently. Looks like their management team might have targeted the 25’ draft as the time for them to get their centers.

Their fans expect the team to draft a C with their 2 first pick. Looks like they want a D with their 3rd 1st round pick.

Philly has been extremely aggressive the last 2 drafts in trying to move up (#5 in 23, #4 this year) but next year might be the year Briere succeed. Remember he was close to getting #4 from CBJ this year? Wasn’t he also willing to add next year 1st or some of his young wingers in the trade to move into the top 5? With all that draft ammo and his willingness to add one of his young wingers, the mad lad might finally be able to buy a (second?) top 10 pick for real.

Looks like they really wants centers for Michkov/Tippett/Foerster/Farabee/Brink.

Now for us, we’re obviously drafting a F with our pick and its not like we need any more D prospect, but we do have Florida’s 1st next year which should be a late 1st... If a talented D falls there that should have been picked much earlier (like Buium falling to Minnesota at 12)... :huh:

Last edited:

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
Didn't really follow anything this summer, are the rosters for the hlinka tourny announced? Who should we look out for (except for the big names like Hagens, Frondell, Misa, etc.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad