2025 NHL Entry Draft

FormerLurker

Sponsor
Mar 11, 2003
Mississauga
It's great to have a top 2025 prospect on the Steelheads, I'll definitely catch a few Martone games this year. I only went to 2 Steelheads games last sesson and he was out with an injury for the second one. He didn't stand out too much in the first game I saw but it was in October and he was still only 16! I'm still pissed that the team moved to Brampton.

Martone definitely looks great in a Habs jersey:

cd.0510-so-martone1-e1652229834558.jpg

Look who led his U16AAA team in scoring. Maybe they can wear the jersey together again in a couple of years.

Screenshot_20240711_011758_Chrome.jpg

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Why? Does he sleep during his shifts?

Honestly i don't know him much but i did not liked him much from the very little i saw. (Which is a wayy too small sample size to draw any conclusion.)

He has a big year ahead of him and indeed has a top 5 pick profile going on into it.

I said Logan Brown simply to give a bad counter example.

McQueen certainly has the potential to do much greater than Brown, like ainec.

he's the 1st OA pick now imo.

Whats.your case for Martone VS Hagens?

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Where can I find old draft ranking? I’m analyzing draft performance and I looking for as many draft ranking as possible but ideally I want multiple years. I got all of the data from myNHLdraft but surprisingly there a lot of years with little to no data on predraft ranking from various sources. Also looking for some lesser known because I’ll probably fine the McKenzie/ Button, but if you know where or have rankings please let me know.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Where can I find old draft ranking? I’m analyzing draft performance and I looking for as many draft ranking as possible but ideally I want multiple years. I got all of the data from myNHLdraft but surprisingly there a lot of years with little to no data on predraft ranking from various sources. Also looking for some lesser known because I’ll probably fine the McKenzie/ Button, but if you know where or have rankings please let me know.

Eliteprospects should have it archived somewhere?

Reactions: calder candidate

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
So at this moment, that's a good top 15 right?

If Habs pick between 10-15, I'm sure, we getting a another really good prospect.

Imagine if we get lucky and Calgary with some magic pick only #11, we getting 2 top 15, that would be really really good for sure. But CGY will likely to be a bottom 5 team.

Reactions: Rozz and bopeep

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
So at this moment, that's a good top 15 right?

If Habs pick between 10-15, I'm sure, we getting a another really good prospect.

Imagine if we get lucky and Calgary with some magic pick only #11, we getting 2 top 15, that would be really really good for sure. But CGY will likely to be a bottom 5 team.

Not sure if it's a good top 15. It's a good top 8.

Reactions: SOLR

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
The guy you said that he can be compared to Leonard, Spencer. He is in that top 8?

At the end of it, yeah.

Only if we win the lottery, very unlikely but ya, would instantly make us legit contenders a few years down the road.

Spence could be had outside the top 5 but yeah we aren't gonna be in a position to draft Hagens Frondell Martone McQueen who look to be the top 4.

Reactions: jaffy27

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
How did you know?
I remembered liking him a lot at the U18s and Hlinka tournament, when following the draft for 2011 and 2012, Russia had one of the best U18 back then and the most talked about were Mikhail Grigorenko and Nail Yakupov, and Kucherov was often overlooked but he ended up dominating the tournament the most, record just broken by Hagens.

Not gonna lie, my process has always been reading especially here on HFBoards, youtube highlights videos (didn't have shift by shift videos back then) and any televised or streamed international tournaments. I made a Craig Button of myself and really was hyped by Kucherov at the U18s.

I just looked back at this official HFBoards Prospect Thread and I was discussing already in the first few pages and getting backlash hahaha But good talks and other posters also saw great potential in him. Craig Button had him 18th overall in May 2011. After seeing him at U18 and his skill level and how he read the plays, he was just an executioner. Deadly. And, rumours of him going to Quebec in the CHL Import Draft to play with Grigorenko (who I liked a lot back then too) made me followed Kucherov even more.

1720962163284.png

1720962178243.png

Loved these highlights videos with emo music! LFG!

And, what all of that being said… I am even more excited about Ivan Demidov!!! Much more dynamic than Kucherov at the same age. I think the sky is the limit for Demidov. We are extremely lucky and just so much to look forward to. With adding another top prospect in 2025 too.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad