2025 NHL Entry Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc
Why 2026?
You need to give your prospects viable pathways to the pros. With 7 picks in the top 100 in the 2025 draft, HuGo may have determined that they've reached the saturation point and can kick the can down the road when it comes to picks acquired in trades. We've probably seen the beginning of this already with the Kovacevic trade to the Devils.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
You need to give your prospects viable pathways to the pros. With 7 picks in the top 100 in the 2025 draft, HuGo may have determined that they've reached the saturation point and can kick the can down the road when it comes to picks acquired in trades. We've probably seen the beginning of this already with the Kovacevic trade to the Devils.

The only exception being that if they were to trade say Savard as a rental and the option was a 1st this year or a 2nd next year, they'd take the better pick.

But they'll be using picks in 25 to trade up (like Hage) or make a big play.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
The only exception being that if they were to trade say Savard as a rental and the option was a 1st this year or a 2nd next year, they'd take the better pick.

But they'll be using picks in 25 to trade up (like Hage) or make a big play.
Yup, like to bunch some of our picks for high pick. Sign a star in UFA

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
No idea how people can get any kind of read in that tournament.....lol. Probalby because I'M too tired of the past draft...but Hlinka just represent nothing for me. Yeah, I love Desnoyers. Thing is...I loved him last year. And will love him this year. Just not fun hockey. At least for me.
I don't know some players you can watch and see that they just "Get It".
I got that sense from watching Gavin Mckenna with his positioning compete level and attention to detail.
I have no idea how great offensively he'll end up being but he's going to be one hell of a 200ft player.

Reactions: bopeep

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Probably my guy for next draft if we’re not getting one of the top players. We’ll see him climb up the rankings through the year, that’s my prediction.

He's certainly a candidate for a breakout year with most of the top guys leaving Moose Jaw, he's going to get a lot of ice time and opportunities. Seems like he's still growing into his frame too and he's already a huge kid.

Last edited:
Reactions: SlafySZN

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Probably my guy for next draft if we’re not getting one of the top players. We’ll see him climb up the rankings through the year, that’s my prediction.

Nice release, nice hands, IQ looks good.

Never seen him play so maybe my assessment is off but he will be a prospect to keep an eye on.

Reactions: Nevins and SlafySZN

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
He's certainly a candidate for a breakout year with most of the top guys leaving Moose Jaw, he's going to get a lot of ice time and opportunities. Seems like he's still growing into his frame too and he's already a huge kid.
Yeah, he will have his chance to get a bigger role this year for sure. He looks super mature physically already. Someone to keep an eye on!

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014

After observing his game, he is very impressive. He is 6'3'', skates well, has a good shot, good Hockey IQ....Indeed, he should climb quickly because his game really stands out.

Reactions: SlafySZN

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
After observing his game, he is very impressive. He is 6'3'', skates well, has a good shot, good Hockey IQ....Indeed, he should climb quickly because his game really stands out.
Will be interesting to see how he'll start his season, I'm guessing he will have more opportunities at the top of the line up this year!

Reactions: Nevins

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Who watched the Q ? Is D'Agile living up the hype ?

Good news is this draft again looks heavy with size, so the Habs should be able to get another really good prospect with size for the pool, maybe 2 with the flames/Florida's pick.

John B

Nov 19, 2016
Spence is my guy around #10 or so. We need a winger with grit. It’s almost the only profile we lack for the contender model if you will
I'd still like to see more talented forwards (top 6 caliber) in the system. That being said, BPA is probably the best way to go. I wouldn't pass on a clear cut better defenseman or goaltender for a talented forward.

It's unlikely they keep all their picks, but if they keep the majority of them I'd like to see them focus on drafting players who's rights could be kept longer (NCAA bound, or Euro/Russian prospects). Of course, if there's a CHL player that is clearly BPA, they can take him. In the mid to late rounds it's unusual to have that surefire pick though.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Who watched the Q ? Is D'Agile living up the hype ?

Good news is this draft again looks heavy with size, so the Habs should be able to get another really good prospect with size for the pool, maybe 2 with the flames/Florida's pick.
He’s playing on the team I watched every game.

He was stock behind Nathan Darveau, arguably the best goalie in the Q for the past 2 seasons so he didn’t had the chance to see that much ice. He’s gonna see a lot of ice this season.

He’s very athletic and quick but he get caught out of position often because of that. Works very hard in practice and he’s very calm like Price was but need to work on his mental and his constancy.

We will have a better idea this season of his real celling since the plan is for him to have many starts and he won’t play behind a contending team like the past 2 years

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

He was stock behind Nathan Darveau, arguably the best goalie in the Q for the past 2 seasons so he didn’t had the chance to see that much ice. He’s gonna see a lot of ice this season.

He’s very athletic and quick but he get caught out of position often because of that. Works very hard in practice and he’s very calm like Price was but need to work on his mental and his constancy.

We will have a better idea this season of his real celling since the plan is for him to have many starts and he won’t play behind a contending team like the past 2 years

I've got those Fleury like questions about his mental game.. he really goes off the rails if he gets scored on early, or let's in a goal he 'should have had'. Biggest part of scouting him will be, is this something he can overcome later in his career as he matures?

Reactions: Sagikev and Nevins

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I've got those Fleury like questions about his mental game.. he really goes off the rails if he gets scored on early, or let's in a goal he 'should have had'. Biggest part of scouting him will be, is this something he can overcome later in his career as he matures?
Good question, because I can confirme you that his mental game is really something he needs to work on.. like you said when he allow a bad goal, we know that the game will be tough

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

Right now he's rated 60th I believe I saw on EP, so using a 2nd on him is well worth the risk ?

I assume he'll have number 1 duties this year and could really climb the rankings, but as is do you think it's worth the risk ?

I'm also assuming both 2nds will be high, like 45th, or higher.

Reactions: Nevins

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Right now he's rated 60th I believe I saw on EP, so using a 2nd on him is well worth the risk ?

I assume he'll have number 1 duties this year and could really climb the rankings, but as is do you think it's worth the risk ?

Right now , don’t think I would but we will have more answers on him this year with the #1 G title

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

I wouldn't use a 2nd rounder on him at this point. He'd had to have an insane draft year for that.. Ravensberger would be a target for me in the late 1st.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

He'd be the first Carlos to make the NHL! I thought the scene might look sparse but I didn't expect a ghost town:

1724164688878.png

• Wow
Reactions: Habs7631

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad