Transfer: 2024 Winter Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

Spurs have leapt to the front of the queue as they fancy a deal similar to the one which brought Destiny Udogie to North London 18 months ago.

Spurs paid a large part of the £18m fee up front for left-back Udogie — then loaned him back to Italian side Udinese.

Reactions: Jack Straw

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

Spurs have leapt to the front of the queue as they fancy a deal similar to the one which brought Destiny Udogie to North London 18 months ago.

Spurs paid a large part of the £18m fee up front for left-back Udogie — then loaned him back to Italian side Udinese.
This is what smart club do. I am surprised by the low amount though for a player like him. They probably included re-sell clause up to 30% if not more.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

Spurs advise Lloris, Hojbjerg and Dier to find new clubs. With Nick Pope out for months, I wonder if that's an option for Lloris since he would be on a free as opposed to someone like Ramsdale.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Supposedly LFC looking at Antonee Robinson to solve their left back issue.

Pros:
- HG Spot
- Upgrade on Tsimikas
- PL proven

Cons:
- Only plays LB; no where to play when Robertson is healthy
- See above; bad for USMNT ?
- Tsimikas was just extended; may be hard to move on

Would be hard to complain about, but not sure it’s the best spot for him long term; but might be short term only move; but if short term only move does it matter if you are getting the HG spot?

Might look into a left footed CB that can cover there; maybe like a Lloyd Kelly (who they tried to get a couple years ago but his agent pissed LFC off so they walked) or something if you can get him out of Bournemouth (comparing B'mouth and Fulham as bottom half PL teams) but again going to be hard to find the right fit there.

Either way, need to get some left footed defender in sooner than later

Last edited:

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Robinson is not an upgrade on Tsimikas. The guy can’t defend and can’t cross. He’s like a Ryan Fredericks, plus-plus pace and almost nothing else.

Reactions: luiginb

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Robinson is not an upgrade on Tsimikas. The guy can’t defend and can’t cross. He’s like a Ryan Fredericks, plus-plus pace and almost nothing else.
I think Robertson is better defensive than Tsimikas, but not as good on offense; but Robinson has that HG status that LFC badly need. Tsimikas also might be done for the season/not back until Spring at best. They need to get someone in.. Robinson w/ HG status is probably a better asset than Tsimikas, rightfully or wrongfully. He would not be my target there though.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Your post implies that it's a sure thing, which it's not yet

Still very possible, just don't want people mislead
Chelsea probably find a way to keep him; not sure who else that they can sell to generate the kind of funds that they need. They might just kick the can on Gallagher and bet the house that Nkunku solves all their problems. Issue is though, people at all levels of that club from manager to fans are not going to be happy without incomings.

I also don't know who else Chelsea can sell to generate funds; but I also am still not sure that they care. They (probably) aren't finishing Top 4 either so they can continue on the most expensive mid table rebuild in history. Chelsea had their cake and ate it too last summer; which they are used to doing. So again; if they are trying to bring people in, who gets sold/do they care? Only one way to find out.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016

Spurs advise Lloris, Hojbjerg and Dier to find new clubs. With Nick Pope out for months, I wonder if that's an option for Lloris since he would be on a free as opposed to someone like Ramsdale.
Dier won't get sold. He'll sign a pre-contract elsewhere and join next summer.

Don't see Hojbjerg leaving in January considering AFCON.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Osimhen is off the board, at least for the short-term.
I disagree, the entire point of Napoli's deal with him is to put in that 130 million Euro release clause. Napoli knows he isn't staying there longterm.

Posting The Sun as a legit source? Also, Arsenal going after him too and if he's amazing then I suspect a lot of other clubs will want him as well.

Wee Baby Seamus

Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Seems so weird, he's been one of the more dangerous Chelsea players whenever he gets an honest crack at it. I would definitely take him as a Saka back up here even with his injury history.
He was pretty alright last year, his cameos so far this year have been nothingy. I'd like to him to get more of a chance because he runs at players and we don't have a ton of that, but he hasn't blown me away so far.

I take Maatsen over him

HeHateMeFrisbee

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA

Read today that LAFC are in for Hugo. Not a bad place to retire.

As for PEH...I mean he's a good player, but just does not fit into the way Ange plays. He's not a 6 or an 8 in this system, and lacks the creativity to be a replacement in the Maddison role.

However, I don't love selling him when we are going to be short of cover, which makes me think they possibly have something already lined up, or are planning on relying more on Skipp and Lo Celso during January?

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.

Remember when that one guy here was convinced it was actually a steal to spend £40M on an unproven 18-year-old? Jorge Mendes should be investigated for money laundering.

Reactions: bluesfan94

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
- Brunner will be getting a professional contract on his 18th birthday in February
- Getafe have contacted RBL about a Moriba loan
- Freiburg are being linked to Hannibal
- Juventus & Napoli are reportedly positioning themselves for Manu Kone
- Durosinmi to Frankfurt is pretty much official, while more recent rumors have linked them to Kalajdzic
- Highly rated Justin Diehl could be leaving Köln for Stuttgart
- BVB are tracking Oliver Lukic very closely
- Bonucci seems likely to be heading to Roma this winter

Wee Baby Seamus

Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto

Remember when that one guy here was convinced it was actually a steal to spend £40M on an unproven 18-year-old? Jorge Mendes should be investigated for money laundering.

Who was that? Was it me? I hope it wasn't lol

That kid showed really good promise in his first couple apps and then seemed beaten down with each subsequent. Doesn't help he's scrawny as hell still

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad