Transfer: 2024 Winter Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeHateMeFrisbee

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA

I understand that Gallagher has been great this season, I really do, but I don't understand Spurs insistence on getting another eight when they have more than enough players that prefer playing there. Especially if they sell Hojbjerg.

What they really need is another pivot. Bissouma has proven to be woefully inconsistent, lacking discipline, and is off to AFCON soon. Bentancur and Skipp can play there but they are better off as eights themselves.

Ange wants him. That's all I need to approve.

Also it'll be very funny to see Chelsea fans upset.

Last edited:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

I understand that Gallagher has been great this season, I really do, but I don't understand Spurs insistence on getting another eight when they have more than enough players that prefer playing there. Especially if they sell Hojbjerg.

What they really need is another pivot. Bissouma has proven to be woefully inconsistent, lacking discipline, and is off to AFCON soon. Bentancur and Skipp can play there but they are better off as eights themselves.

Ugh, selling Gallagher to Tottenham especially will be a disaster.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
With Lloris in at LAFC, it looks like Max Crépeau will need a new home. He has been linked to middle Euro leagues on multiple occasions.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Oh my, Barcelona linked with fkin Greenwood. I'm already half-done with them after how they treated Messi and the last year's scandals/performance, but this is gonna push me over the edge. Greenwood has been very good for Getafe to be fair to him, but we should be better than that.

• Haha
Reactions: Evilo

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
No it's a disaster regardless

If they sell Gallagher, then every single precocious Cobham player until the end of time will take the path Jamal Musiala and Tino Livramento did
That’s just what Chelsea do. It’s what they want to do. All it does is prove that the front office/manager/fanbase would rather have flashy incomings; but again the Majority of the evidence has shown that already. Chelsea aren’t willing to sacrifice winning the back page transfer battles.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Oh my, Barcelona linked with fkin Greenwood. I'm already half-done with them after how they treated Messi and the last year's scandals/performance, but this is gonna push me over the edge. Greenwood has been very good for Getafe to be fair to him, but we should be better than that.

Holy shit, the dissonance!

Wild on Chelsea's part. At first I thought 'I doubt they'll actually go through with it, it must be a last resort option' and it quickly went to 'Oh, they're actively looking to sell the motherf***er'

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Not even January yet and PSG has probably "won" this window

And here I am trying to figure out who can spare defenders during the Forest/Utd snoozer

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
No it's a disaster regardless

If they sell Gallagher, then every single precocious Cobham player until the end of time will take the path Jamal Musiala and Tino Livramento did
We heard the same stuff all summer about how they needed to keep Hall, Maatsen, Broja, Ugochukwu, etc. and how they were “in the plans” and would get time. We see how that’s worked out. They already shipped Hall, likely going to do the same with Maatsen and Broja. It’s the same thing over and over. Nu-Chelsea was never really a thing.

Not even January yet and PSG has probably "won" this window

And here I am trying to figure out who can spare defenders during the Forest/Utd snoozer
Lots of clubs circling around Kehrer. You can have him.

Reactions: KJS14

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
We heard the same stuff all summer about how they needed to keep Hall, Maatsen, Broja, Ugochukwu, etc. and how they were “in the plans” and would get time. We see how that’s worked out. They already shipped Hall, likely going to do the same with Maatsen and Broja. It’s the same thing over and over. Nu-Chelsea was never really a thing.

First paragraph is completely correct. And again, they are Chelsea so at some point they will fall upwards because they are adding talented players. They’ll win something and we will get the puff piece about making the necessary sacrifices.

Ugh Kehrer. “Can play any position across backline but isn’t good at any of them”

They really need two defenders though at the minimum here to make up for Tsimikas and Matip’s seasons being likely over. If they brought in Robinson (for example because they were linked earlier) they would still need a CB. Wondering today if Atletico would loan them Soyuncu until the end of the season because they aren’t playing him anyway and that move hasn’t worked out. At least you are bringing in some PL experience that way. Does Barca loan a guy like Christensen because they are skint so they can hold onto Araujo or Kounde? Hard to say.

Honestly I’d be thrilled for like a Lloyd Kelly type at this stage. Just need to get someone in, preferably with some PL experience. If they got a utility guy like Kelly, maybe they could get another finisher; because they desperately need that too. Just a weird window. LFC in a weird place because they are ahead of schedule, they don’t have a full time DOF and they might be stalling on business until they figure out what to do with Trent long term because that’s their biggest domino. There’s a league to be won, but I wouldn’t be unhappy finishing third either; especially if they win Carabao or Europa.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto

I mean, this is kinda the thing! It's a disaster because it proves you guys were right (not from the "I care that I was right and you were wrong" perspective, but from the "what you guys were saying was the case is a bad thing i do not want" perspective). We thought, based on the evidence in front of us (but, perhaps, with naivete and hope) that there was still a pathway for academy products to come through - I don't think there was any conception of academy utopia to that, given our (the Chelsea fans on this board) ongoing frustrations about some of the players that have been sold to be ~not upgraded upon~ (Marc Guehi is the one that will never cease to annoy me in this regard), but we saw players like Gallagher and (subsequently) Colwill come through, post-transfer ban, and that gave hope to the notion that - if a player is good enough (and the jury is out on Broja in that regard) - there can be a pathway.

Selling Gallagher would show conclusively that it has nothing to do with whether or not a player is good enough. It would show that the debacle with Mount (a verbally agreed-to contract with a kid who loves the club and should captain it which is reneged on by 'big brain business guys') was not an aberration. Gallagher loves the club more than anyone I've ever seen and has been our POTY, and might still be two-hand shoved out the door. If you're a really high level prospect at Cobham at age 16, you're not gonna sign the contract. You're gonna go elsewhere. That's a disaster.

I don't care if we fail upward. I'd contentedly be rocky forever with a team of players who love the club. Gallagher getting forced out would prove that you guys were right all along, would do irreparable damage to the club's youth system for the long term (the symbolic importance of Gallagher is absolutely huge), and would irreparably damage my relation to the club.

It gives me some hope that the Instagram comments section of every recent Chelsea post has been hundreds upon hundreds of "if you sell Gally we're out." I hope the owners know that keeping him matters a great, great deal.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
New Chelsea was never about having all internal prospects play major minutes. And that's rewriting of history because when Roman was forced to sell all the outsiders were perking it to the thought of Chelsea never having ownership to spend like we did with Roman, and the new owners are spending like Roman after downing a gallon of vodka.

Selling Hall, Broja, Chalobah, Maatsen, etc. is completely different from selling Gallagher as Gallagher is essentially our captain and arguable best player. Selling Gallagher means winning this season is nor really a priority. It's like selling Mount after his 21-22 season.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
That’s my thinking too. If Postecoglou prefers him in his system then by all means. I like Gallagher a lot. Every time I watch Chelsea he stands out. I think I’d take him over any Spurs midfielder not named Maddison.
I take him over Maddison. Way more versatile and higher work rate.

• Haha
Reactions: luiginb

Wee Baby Seamus

Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Spurs most reliable reporters say that a deal for Gallagher is not close.

Take it easy now.
And Di Marzio is a hack too. I'm not ripping my hair out with nervousness yet. But I'm definitely uneasy.

Maddison and Gallagher is such apples and oranges that it's not worth comparing. I should say that only one would be in my first choice England XI, tho, and it's not Madders

(Which is about play style and role, not quality)

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
And Di Marzio is a hack too. I'm not ripping my hair out with nervousness yet. But I'm definitely uneasy.

Maddison and Gallagher is such apples and oranges that it's not worth comparing. I should say that only one would be in my first choice England XI, tho, and it's not Madders

(Which is about play style and role, not quality)
I will say that Di Marzio has been pretty reliable since Paratici came in. And he clearly still consults the club.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
For LFC I take him over Maddison, because I’d rather Gallagher in 433. Maddison better in 4231 though, but they also wouldn’t be playing the same positions

I mean, this is kinda the thing! It's a disaster because it proves you guys were right (not from the "I care that I was right and you were wrong" perspective, but from the "what you guys were saying was the case is a bad thing i do not want" perspective). We thought, based on the evidence in front of us (but, perhaps, with naivete and hope) that there was still a pathway for academy products to come through - I don't think there was any conception of academy utopia to that, given our (the Chelsea fans on this board) ongoing frustrations about some of the players that have been sold to be ~not upgraded upon~ (Marc Guehi is the one that will never cease to annoy me in this regard), but we saw players like Gallagher and (subsequently) Colwill come through, post-transfer ban, and that gave hope to the notion that - if a player is good enough (and the jury is out on Broja in that regard) - there can be a pathway.

Selling Gallagher would show conclusively that it has nothing to do with whether or not a player is good enough. It would show that the debacle with Mount (a verbally agreed-to contract with a kid who loves the club and should captain it which is reneged on by 'big brain business guys') was not an aberration. Gallagher loves the club more than anyone I've ever seen and has been our POTY, and might still be two-hand shoved out the door. If you're a really high level prospect at Cobham at age 16, you're not gonna sign the contract. You're gonna go elsewhere. That's a disaster.

I don't care if we fail upward. I'd contentedly be rocky forever with a team of players who love the club. Gallagher getting forced out would prove that you guys were right all along, would do irreparable damage to the club's youth system for the long term (the symbolic importance of Gallagher is absolutely huge), and would irreparably damage my relation to the club.

It gives me some hope that the Instagram comments section of every recent Chelsea post has been hundreds upon hundreds of "if you sell Gally we're out." I hope the owners know that keeping him matters a great, great deal.
There’s always Plymouth

Reactions: Wee Baby Seamus

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Maddison is better on the ball that's for sure. For Liverpool I'd definitely take Gallagher as I think he'd fill a role they aren't as strong in while they have talented players on the ball. Tottenham already has Maddison so adding Gallagher would be a big boost for them as well.

Reactions: Jack Straw

Wee Baby Seamus

Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
For LFC I take him over Maddison, because I’d rather Gallagher in 433. Maddison better in 4231 though, but they also wouldn’t be playing the same positions

There’s always Plymouth
Plymouth is the largest city in England to have never had a team in the first division, that is reason enough to root for them

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Plymouth is the largest city in England to have never had a team in the first division, that is reason enough to root for them
I mean if I had to do it again, knowing what I know now/and with the accessibility we have now instead of what we had 20 years ago, I’d have probably started with a London team in the Championship. I just would have to pick a team in a city that I would want to vacation too. I guess First division back then? Probably would not have taken one of the more established London teams if I did a PL one. Crystal Palace would have made sense if I could have gotten over then name.

Rambling a bit but yeah not sure Plymouth is a vacation destination. Not even sure if it has an airport. I don’t think like Swansea has an airport

Wee Baby Seamus

Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I mean if I had to do it again, knowing what I know now/and with the accessibility we have now instead of what we had 20 years ago, I’d have probably started with a London team in the Championship. I just would have to pick a team in a city that I would want to vacation too. I guess First division back then? Probably would not have taken one of the more established London teams if I did a PL one. Crystal Palace would have made sense if I could have gotten over then name.

Rambling a bit but yeah not sure Plymouth is a vacation destination. Not even sure if it has an airport. I don’t think like Swansea has an airport
Was the Best Man for a high school pal who was initially from Plymouth. I don't think it's.... even slightly... a vacation destination... Lmao...

They better not sell Gallagher lol

Reactions: Blender and Savant
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad