Transfer: 2024 Winter Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I can't see Nice selling Todibo in the middle of a season where they're serious CL spots candidates.

HeHateMeFrisbee

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA
Ben Davies has impressed the hell out of me at CB. I expected nightmare fuel, but he's proven to be trustworthy.

If they have Porro/VDV/Romero/Todibo/Udogie/Davies/Emerson, that's a solid group of 7 defenders with many youngsters like Ashley Phillips on the come up and if Sessegnon EVER is healthy, he has the skill to thrive in Ange's system

This is such a key window for them.
I legit forgot Sess exists. I don't recall seeing any update on his injury status to know whether he's even a possibility for a loan in January. He needs to stay healthy and get some games under his belt.

But circling back, Davies has been an outstanding fill in for VdV while he's been injured. He not only has been a reliable defender, he's been bringing the ball out from the back which, to me, was something new to his game. I am more than happy having him as a rotational back up for VdV and on the other side alternating Romero and Todibo. Would be in really good shape there.

Reactions: Jack Straw

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
this version of Verratti is both crap and damaged goods, to act like he's worth anywhere close to that ...

It's not 2019 anymore

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
How is that suspicious?
If any other team bought Verratti for 45M€, everyone would rave about a great move they made.
Let's stop the crap please.
Like we all rave about the great move of players to Saudi clubs? It does not look good.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I don’t think anyone else was giving 45m (rightfully or not) for Verratti

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Don't think Liverpool fans should be acting as the fair transfer fee police here when their club got 45M for a washed Fabinho

Reactions: S E P H

maclean

Jan 4, 2014

this again. would cost at least what Rice did in January

I mean, I've stated a clear opinion on this before, but there is a difference between "no not for sale" and "no but ok for 100k". So I still think Villa will (and should) stick with the first, but if the second is the case, getting the player while also taking him from a direct title rival bayern-style is probably worth that much

Reactions: JPBolts

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
this version of Verratti is both crap and damaged goods, to act like he's worth anywhere close to that ...

It's not 2019 anymore
:laugh:

Like we all rave about the great move of players to Saudi clubs? It does not look good.
Except Saudis overpay for their players.
Verratti was 45M to Liverpool would be seen as great business but apparently to Qatar it's dead weight... :laugh:

I don’t think anyone else was giving 45m (rightfully or not) for Verratti
Yeah especially since PSG turned down every offer from European teams including better offer from an EPL club (rumored to be United).

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I mean, I've stated a clear opinion on this before, but there is a difference between "no not for sale" and "no but ok for 100k". So I still think Villa will (and should) stick with the first, but if the second is the case, getting the player while also taking him from a direct title rival bayern-style is probably worth that much
It's going to be Vlahovic 2.0 where we will spend the entire winter linked to him, put in a couple of bids, and know that he wasn't ever for sale in the very beginning (in Vlahovic case, he only wanted Juventus). If Luiz comes to the Arsenal, it will be because he wanted to leave, there is no way Villa will sell him as of now with their performances so far mid-season.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Ornstein says LFC not planning any January signings. Which is dumb

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Except Saudis overpay for their players.
Verratti was 45M to Liverpool would be seen as great business but apparently to Qatar it's dead weight... :laugh:
Few clubs can afford Verratti wages including LFC. The only team interested would have been in the middle east with maybe Bayern or Man United.

Ornstein says LFC not planning any January signings. Which is dumb
I would not rule it out. Last winter they got Gakpo and two years ago they got Luis Diaz.

I think LFC are stubborn with their price and target. They would only go for a player if they can get the player they want at their price. (Or release clause)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad