Transfer: 2024 Winter Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I would not rule it out. Last winter they got Gakpo and two years ago they got Luis Diaz.

I think LFC are stubborn with their price and target. They would only go for a player if they can get the player they want at their price. (Or release clause)
I mean if they are seriously going for it (we may not know how seriously they are until after this weekend) they are going to need reinforcements. They need another defender (not necessarily a CB though) and they definitely need another forward to keep pace. Midfield they are going to have to count on people coming back from injuries, but with Salah (and Endo) on international tournament, I don’t know they are as well equipped to handle that as they were last time.

Arsenal smelled blood last year and got Trossard, Jorginho and Kiwior in. That’s a monster January. One signing for each third of the pitch. If LFC are serious, they are going to have to do similar

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Few clubs can afford Verratti wages including LFC. The only team interested would have been in the middle east with maybe Bayern or Man United.
Verratti was making 9.36M a year with PSG.
5 Liverpool players make as much or more.
Source : footmercato

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Verratti was making 9.36M a year with PSG.
5 Liverpool players make as much or more.
Source : footmercato
I never trust any source regarding wages for football player. So many clauses and bonuses undisclosed.

I will turn back the question, why did Verrati joined the Qatari league instead of a top club in Europe if not for wages?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
PSG didn't want to sell to any european club.
Enrique didn't want him and forced him out.
Verratti got "life changing" money.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Which was exactly my point from the get go. Double ownership is terrible with all the possible collusion between clubs.
You're trying to make a point and you're missing.
Fabinho signed for life changing money as well and it wasn't double ownership.
The bottom line is that Verratti for 45M was very cheap. And thus your whole PSG dumping dead weight to Qatar is unfair is simply ridiculous.
You could have used Draxler which would have made your point at least intelligible but they sold both for 80 which is perfectly normal since Verratti was worth more than his official price.

• Haha
Reactions: luiginb

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
You're trying to make a point and you're missing.
Fabinho signed for life changing money as well and it wasn't double ownership.
The bottom line is that Verratti for 45M was very cheap. And thus your whole PSG dumping dead weight to Qatar is unfair is simply ridiculous.
You could have used Draxler which would have made your point at least intelligible but they sold both for 80 which is perfectly normal since Verratti was worth more than his official price.
Again, the point from the get go was that transfer between double ownership should be prohibited to prevent collusion.

As for Fabinho or any transfer to Saudi. It is also very wrong and ridiculous LFC or not, I could not give a shit. I am not blind by the foulness of that league. All transfer there are ridiculous and wrong but Saudi don't give a f*** and are fine to burn money to get their reputation up and the attention from the worldwide audience and their eventual world cup.

Same apply to the Qatari that own PSG, they have no shill toward abusing all their power within ligue 1/UEFA through bein sports and their sponsorship. Oil money and dirty money has been killing the game.

And for a so called supporter of smaller french clubs and previous great european clubs from smaller leagues I find you quite on the defensive everytime PSG is mentioned. I would rather see the likes of Saint-Etienne, Cannes, Nantes, Bordeaux being competitive again in Europe than one financially doped super club in France making all other french clubs bow to them.

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Elmas is going to Leipzig for 25 million euros. Don't think it was posted here
LFC been unhappy with RBL (rightfully) not playing Fabio Carvalho on loan, and may be trying to recall him. Not that he moves the needle for them, but Elmas going to RBL certainly puts another body in front of him

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Again, the point from the get go was that transfer between double ownership should be prohibited to prevent collusion.

As for Fabinho or any transfer to Saudi. It is also very wrong and ridiculous LFC or not, I could not give a shit. I am not blind by the foulness of that league. All transfer there are ridiculous and wrong but Saudi don't give a f*** and are fine to burn money to get their reputation up and the attention from the worldwide audience and their eventual world cup.

Same apply to the Qatari that own PSG, they have no shill toward abusing all their power within ligue 1/UEFA through bein sports and their sponsorship. Oil money and dirty money has been killing the game.

And for a so called supporter of smaller french clubs and previous great european clubs from smaller leagues I find you quite on the defensive everytime PSG is mentioned. I would rather see the likes of Saint-Etienne, Cannes, Nantes, Bordeaux being competitive again in Europe than one financially doped super club in France making all other french clubs bow to them.
I don't disagree with you being against double ownership. Too bad you only whine about it when it's Arabs involved though. Weird.

As for being defensive about PSG I would say the same about any team. Saying Verratti was dead weight (which is what I pointed to) was both utterly dumb and out of reality.
Admit it, move on.

I would too. I'd love for French teams to be richer and more competitive. Before PSG though, no French club could. Now we have one which has brought a lot of haters out.

OTOH, you don't care the EPL donminates the rest of the world financially.
So your moral compass is broken.

• Haha
Reactions: bluesfan94

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Straight from Ornstein's mouth...

- Arsenal have FFP problems, so they will also be quiet in winter. Edu will definitely look for help, but in terms of loans (with options to buy potentially).

- Ramsdale supposedly wants to play and there is a good chance he could be sold, but Arsenal do not want to sell him.

- Partey, Tierney, and Smith-Rowe are also other likely candidates to be sold, though this will probably happen in the summer. He mentioned ESR specifically as someone who has a good chance of leaving in the summer.

- Zubimendi is one of Arsenal's main targets but might have to wait until summer to get it done.

- Arsenal's primary area of focus will be looking for a striker; Osimhen, Sesko, and Ferguson are the main targets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad