OT: 2024 Washington Commanders thread: change we can believe in!

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Why though? They just hired a very young ex NFL QB coach in David Blough.

He’s their “vet QB in the room”. Plus ALL their other gazillion vet talent they have on coaching staff.

I think they save on QB, and go Sam vs new guy. Skins have their “other starter” in Howell. Why is he now a total turd? Why?

It makes no sense. They have another “other starter” in staff, on a rookie contract. For at least 3 more years. No need to PAY for player vet experience.
I think you need to have 3 QBs signed. I'd rather have a proven back-up option under contract rather than scraping the bottom of the barrel when the almost-inevitable QB injuries hit.
Not saying Howell's a bum at all, I think it's a big advantage that we have a starting-caliber QB as our #2. But QBs get hurt -- our recent history shows that all too well. If we find ourselves having to find a guy sleeping on his sister's couch, we're effed -- the second time you do that ALWAYS works out worse than the first -- ALWAYS.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
That Allegrhri signing is huge, they have addressed their o line signing him and that Dallas C
I like the signing, but he'll have to prove he's a full-time starter. That said, he seems to be an improvement, which we're desperate for.

The GMFB team was touting the Team's FA so far, and Schrager pointed out that all of the signings are top-notch people in addition to being really good players, which he said is a trait Peters is locked in on.

RR wanted character, too, but he didn't have the quite the same premium on (or ability to discern), like, being good at playing football.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
More edge help, and another SF connection. 49ers fans seem upset about this which makes me happy.

That'd be a complementary piece, kinda' meh to me.

Production has never come near his (presumed) potential. A #4 OA pick with 14 career sacks in 5 full seasons, meh grades from PFF, run grade significantly lower than his underwhelming pass rush grade. IF SF fans liked him in his 1 season there, maybe they unlocked something the Raiders couldn't, but it didn't necessarily show in his grades.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Im very happy. Great value purchases imo. Guys are 26-28, 3 yr terms, old teams fans seem sad to see them go.

Luvu seems like instant fan favorite, green dot mike in Carolina, what weve been looking for since Fletcher .. if Jamin can become our Marcus Washington.

LT is the big big question though. Im sure the FO has been working on that since day 1.

really interested to see what they thought up for LT.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Ferrell beat out Chase Young when healthy in SF. Solid move. Also makes you think they’ll be getting creative with pash rush and using LBs aka Dallas with Parsons. The Luvu signing is my fav thus far.

I still think OT will be a pick in the 2nd but the flexibility this gives them is intriguing. Maybe add a playmaker.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
i think we will carry 3 QBs

I think we def need a backup vet, someone like Brissett who will embrace the mentor role and not be a Rodgers/tannenhill "not my job" type. No way Sam can be a mentor guy.

Id like to carry Sam but also ... if we can get a 3rd or 4th .. git r dun.
------------------------

Need to make a top tier FA move for LT or CB imo
Cant have a 2nd round LT be your primary plan for LT week 1

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006

We could be in play

If they're serious about wanting character guys, not sure Ridley (gambling suspension) would be a serious target.

Would love to be able to get Legette in the draft as big, skilled guy who can go up and get it. Have seen anywhere from late 1st to early 3rd. Whether it's him, another pick or an FA, that's the one WR profile we're lacking and could really use.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008

Maye: bigger frame, air raid experience
Daniels: more "playmaker ability", brilliant deep ball

The knock on Daniels is the size and the air raid inexperience (can be fixed)

Reactions: Neil Racki

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
I thought the same thing re: Mariota making JD more likely. Again, the team has said they don't necessarily intend to install Air Raid, so I don't think that's much of influence one way or another.

Assuming this means Sam is out. From the perspective of if your #2 has to play for any serious amount of time, I much prefer SH to MM. MM maybe can mentor, but Sam can play.

Here's hoping we get something good in return if it really is the end of Howell. He's certainly a better option than any of the FAs left on the board, and cheaper, with 3 years left on his rookie deal. That alone should boost the return.

Also could be some crazy implications for the Bears and Fields.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Sign that depth CB Jourdain Lewis from the Boys for peanuts to help Whitt

Trade Sam + late pick during/before draft to move up

Sign a vet LT .. like a Charles Leno 2.0 type for 1 yr bridge. maybe gamble and wait for PS cuts

Sign/trade for a good outside CB .. spend some assets if needed here

Draft DM/JD at 2
LT 2nd round
TE 2nd round

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad