OT: 2024 Washington Commanders thread: change we can believe in!

Roric

Aug 2, 2020

Harrison #3?

More like maye…who many think needs to sit for at least a year to develop. That's why I'm wondering whether maybe NE has not-public info suggesting Maye will be available at 3. I'd be surprised if Brissett is getting huge $$, and seems like Washington had good experience with him.

Just speculating of course, but let's say Commanders drafted Maye; would give them 2 QBs with Air Raid experience for Kingsbury's Don't-Call-It-Air-Raid-! offense, if they keep Howell. If they go with Daniels (not as similar to Brissett), that gives Kingsbury something a lot more different than Howell to work with. Also keep seeing reports that Peters/Quinn/etc 'heavily investigating' Daniels.

So I'm wondering whether Brissett and/or NE had info suggesting Daniels to Commanders.

Reactions: ynotcaps

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Does beg the question who our 3rd QB is going to be. No way we go into the season with a top-drafted rookie and a single back-up w/ one year of starting experience. Jacoby has too much left in him and there are too many opty's out there for him to stay here as a no-chance starter -- we need a lesser-Jacoby as the font of wisdom and break-glass-in-case-of-emergency guy.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

Exactly. Build from the middle out.

Psyched.

1*tKCbCJu10454L0OAbNQD_Q.gif

And we won't miss the fumbles.

What type of runner is that RB they picked up?

Someone ran the numbers. Ekeler has one fumble per 68 touches over the last 4 years. Gibson has.. cough, one fumble per 68 touches over the last 4 years. Different talent levels, but same fumble rate... ugh.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal

Sam Darnold in the mix. Peters has the 49ers connection.

Maybe ok as a vet/bridge guy. Potentially a good match for Maye.

Reactions: TCB

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
Tyrod Taylor to the Jets. That could have been a cool option if we go with Daniels. Marcus Mariota is another name out there with Darnold.

BTW Darnold is only 26?! Seems like he’s been knocking around the league for years. I thought he was WAY older, lol. He probably still wants to start, so Minny might make more sense.

I still think his experience as a high pick would help our 2OA rookie. And stylistically it works for Maye.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad