OT: 2024 Washington Commanders thread: change we can believe in!

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Actually, aside from QB at 2OA, I think the work the FO has done so far has given them a lot more flexibility as far as how they manage the draft capital. Less pressure to target specific positions for the seconds and thirds. There are definitely still some big holes -- OT, CB, EDGE -- but if there's a great fit with value available at any of those early picks, they have more room to get that guy.

Somebody is going to fall out of the first that nobody expects, and we're so well positioned now to be able to grab that guy with 2 early seconds and some of our major holes filled. If it's a big WR or CB, beautiful! Hopefully there'll be a really good OT prospect, but if not, they shouldn't reach.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
i think we will carry 3 QBs

I think we def need a backup vet, someone like Brissett who will embrace the mentor role and not be a Rodgers/tannenhill "not my job" type. No way Sam can be a mentor guy.

Id like to carry Sam but also ... if we can get a 3rd or 4th .. git r dun.
------------------------

Need to make a top tier FA move for LT or CB imo
Cant have a 2nd round LT be your primary plan for LT week 1
If we could get L'Jarius Sneed for one of our seconds this year and another (3rd or 4th) pick next year, do you do it? Lock-down corner, 27, I believe $20M on the franchise tag.
I think I do, but not sure.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
If we could get L'Jarius Sneed for one of our seconds this year and another (3rd or 4th) pick next year, do you do it? Lock-down corner, 27, I believe $20M on the franchise tag.
I think I do, but not sure.
if Peters and co. think so, no idea if we go man vs cover or that hybrid cover scheme thats popular now. Im a "yes man" to the new crew.

CB is a huge need. We dont have a CB1 or CB2 imo. St Juste is a good CB4 who can be next man up when 1 or 2 go down.

Forbes .. im giving up on him early. Too small, too frail, have to hide him when on field, dont see it getting much better, hes physically limited vs a Jamin Davis who at least has upper tier body and athleticism

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

Maye: bigger frame, air raid experience
Daniels: more "playmaker ability", brilliant deep ball

More so than this Maroita signing. I think the Ertz and Eckler signings screams Drake Maye. Two excellent proven safety valves for a young QB with loads of talent but needs to work on his mechanics.

The Maroita signing imo means more than likely that the commanders have been taking offers on Howell. Im sure Sean Payten would love Howell.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
One thing is for certain: they're not going to just take some flashy pick for the sake of making a scene. There's going to be a strategic, well-planned reason for it.

Reactions: ynotcaps

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
We signed all those impact players and still have, what, 60-70m in cap space? Peters out here cookin

Would love to see one of queen, tyron smith, or even sneed next. And a receiver

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
OK, I feel like I've served my probation, and now that there's been real player movement, I can safely mock again.

Pre-draft trades:
S. Howell to MIN for 2024 2nd (42) and 5th (157)
Both MIN picks flipped to KC for CB L. Sneed
Net result: S. Howell for L. Sneed, no other picks impacted

Draft day trades:
To ARI 2024 1st (2) for 2024 1(4), '24 1(27), '24 3(90), and '25 3(TBD)
To NO 2024 1st(27)(AZ's), '24 5(139) (ours), 2025 2(TBD)(ours) for 2024 1(14)
Net result: Our '24 1st (2OA), 5th (139) and 2025 2nd become 2024 1(4OA), 1(14OA), 3(90) and 2025 3rd (a 1st, 2nd and 5th for 2 firsts and 2 3rds)

1710261529431.png

No EDGE players had value at our picks, so that remains a hole. But QB and LT answered, more weapons, developmental OT prospects, and 2 defenders that can/should contribute right away.

• Love
Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
Ekeler was a top 5 fantasy pick up until this year. I will be happily taking him since he’ll be dropping several rounds this time around

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
More so than this Maroita signing. I think the Ertz and Eckler signings screams Drake Maye. Two excellent proven safety valves for a young QB with loads of talent but needs to work on his mechanics.

The Maroita signing imo means more than likely that the commanders have been taking offers on Howell. Im sure Sean Payten would love Howell.
All of this could also mean Howell stays the starter, MM is back up, and they trade OUT of #2 to get a larger haul. Could easily still draft QB as well.

LOTS of flexibility.

I don’t trade Sam until the draft (if at all) unless blown away by an offer (like a 2nd rounder).

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
All of this could also mean Howell stays the starter, MM is back up, and they trade OUT of #2 to get a larger haul. Could easily still draft QB as well.

LOTS of flexibility.

I don’t trade Sam until the draft (if at all) unless blown away by an offer (like a 2nd rounder).
NFL Network is suggesting WAS as a possible trade destination for Fields, which could also fit the idea of MM as a mentor-like-substance for him. Not saying I want that -- at all -- but there a lot of ways to read things when all we have are a few facts and a lot of imagination.
(That's what makes this both fun and torturous)

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006

Two proven safety valves are a smart move for any team looking at potentially starting a rookie -- not a baby QB in the league that wouldn't benefit from those guys.

Reactions: TCB

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
A year ago, would have loved the MM signing, but not after he walked on the Falcons after he was benched…mentor my ass…
There is something wrong with ATL offensively. They've had a lot of talent but always seem to underachieve.

I don't think he's a mentor, just a vet backup.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
There is something wrong with ATL offensively. They've had a lot of talent but always seem to underachieve.

I don't think he's a mentor, just a vet backup.
They have so many play-makers, with new coaching staff, Cousins could light it up there.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
People keep forgetting that Drake Maye is a mobile QB. Hell he may even have more quicks than Mariota. I sure as f*** hope they aren’t stupid enough to make the wrong choice at 2.

I’m super interested to see how Dan Quinn plans on employing this D group. Will they add another DE in the draft or juice up at LB?

He’s shown maybe more than any defensive mind in the NFL the ability to adjust to his personnel with the Legion of Boom in Seattle and the Micah Parsons show in Dallas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad