OT: 2024 Washington Commanders thread: change we can believe in!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
why? he doesn't fit the team dynamic.

young analytic head coach he is not
Cuz he just wins. Sure, drama and strife sometimes, and he’s certainly annoying and head strong.

But he always wins. Every stop. Can’t see why this one would be any different?

I don’t care about anything except winning right now. That’s it. And he is the best available that does it, IMO. Sure BB is the GOAT, but for right now, I’d rather Harbaugh to create that winning program.

Wherever he goes, they will be a lightening rod for media and drama….but they will also win. And win a lot.

Reactions: TCB and VaCaps Fan

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I think I'm about to jump on board the Daniel's train instead of Maye.

What's changed for you? Most draft reviews/scouting reports don't seem to find a whole lot wrong with Maye but PCinOz over at CPND thinks he's the worst of the bunch under pressure, as far as all the first round QBs this year. He thinks Daniels is the coolest under pressure. This feels like, along with overall accuracy, a good indicator of pro success.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
What if the Lions go to the SB .... guys like Raheem Morris and Slowik take jobs .. then Ben Johnson says no to us?

I assume harris and co have Johnson under the table secured.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
What if the Lions go to the SB .... guys like Raheem Morris and Slowik take jobs .. then Ben Johnson says no to us?

It's definitely a possibility, but I don't think it's a likelihood. He's ready to be a HC, and a SB trip probably will reinforce that more than make him decide to stay an OC.

Reactions: Neil Racki

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

If he says no, then F him…we have good options.

According to multiple reports, two experienced figures have been confirmed for second interviews. Los Angeles Rams defensive coordinator and former Washington coach Raheem Morris is one. Dan Quinn - Dallas Cowboys defensive coordinator - is another.

Of course, the Commanders are not permitted to arrange in-person interviews with coaches involved in postseason action. If their choice is Ben Johnson, Mike Macdonald, Aaron Glenn, or Anthony Weaver, it's a waiting game.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

I suppose it could happen but if Johnson wants to be a HC, this is by far the best place he could do it. Sure, SD has a QB already but they have a dreadful ownership and aren't even the #1 team in their own city. In DC he has a chance to re-ignite a once great franchise and he'll have all the tools he needs to do it - owner, GM cap room, draft picks. Maybe the rumored $15M salary really is a thing?

BTW I really loved watching the Lions offense on Sunday. They looked a lot like Joe Gibbs teams. Running counter trey running plays, then running play action off those same formations. They schemed so well and the play calling was nearly perfect.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
What's changed for you? Most draft reviews/scouting reports don't seem to find a whole lot wrong with Maye but PCinOz over at CPND thinks he's the worst of the bunch under pressure, as far as all the first round QBs this year. He thinks Daniels is the coolest under pressure. This feels like, along with overall accuracy, a good indicator of pro success.
Its the dual threat and the higher upside that is starting to win me over.

I thought the below had some interesting comments about JD over DM.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
I like Daniels a lot, I’d be down. I’ll be pretty ok with either QB though, not gonna pretend like I know much about either. Trust Peters and I presume Johnson to get it right

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
The hype machine is in overdrive trying to create drama. Caleb Williams and Drake Maye are two of the best QB prospects to come out in several years. If they don't go 1-2 then somebody is making a mistake.

You’re on my stroke watch list if we don’t take your boy Maye! ;)

I hope he shows out so well during the process, they can’t refuse to select him!

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Maye reminds me of 2 recent QBs drafted very high. Carson Wentz and Josh Allen. Both were very big body frames and from smaller schools and ended up pretty good. We all know Wentz was never the same after blowing out his knee (RG3 says hi) But he was a league MVP front runner before injury. Josh Allen is still in the short list of MVPs every season.

Its that 6'5 big boy body and big arm is why I like him. This is the NFL and we have a bad line We are going need someone who can take a hit or 300. Look at Howells record setting season on taking sacks.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Maye reminds me of 2 recent QBs drafted very high. Carson Wentz and Josh Allen. Both were very big body frames and from smaller schools and ended up pretty good. We all know Wentz was never the same after blowing out his knee (RG3 says hi) But he was a league MVP front runner before injury. Josh Allen is still in the short list of MVPs every season.

Its that 6'5 big boy body and big arm is why I like him. This is the NFL and we have a bad line We are going need someone who can take a hit or 300. Look at Howells record setting season on taking sacks.
Been saying it for two years, he's Josh Allen with a dash of Mahomes creativity.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Carroll to Chargers makes too much sense to me given his socal history, right? I mean, USC campus is like 10mi away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad