OT: 2024 Washington Commanders thread: change we can believe in!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
9ers were lucky to pull away with this one.

I’m a full on raven believer now, that defense and lamar playing like he is is just unstoppable

Reactions: kicksavedave

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
That was horrid by GB. Missing that FG, and then screwing around on that last drive.

SF is certainly vulnerable. Especially if Deebo is out for the next game (or 2!).

Detroit and Buffalo are on deck. They both need to make their marks today.

Tho Det’s road is far easier than Buff’s.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
People slagging the GB kicker or Love for that INT while praising Purdy (who I like) seem to have forgotten how Brock played most of the game apparently scared and trying not to lose, often missing his receivers by a wide, "safe" margin on otherwise valid routes.

IOW SF had a lot of bad plays, they just got away with them earlier and more often.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Miss a FG that would have kept you from losing on a late score and you deserve the grief. It is what it is.

Love will learn. Great showing overall from him this year.

Reactions: TCB

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
People slagging the GB kicker or Love for that INT while praising Purdy (who I like) seem to have forgotten how Brock played most of the game apparently scared and trying not to lose, often missing his receivers by a wide, "safe" margin on otherwise valid routes.

IOW SF had a lot of bad plays, they just got away with them earlier and more often.
Miss a FG that would have kept you from losing on a late score and you deserve the grief. It is what it is.

Love will learn. Great showing overall from him this year.

Yeah, I mean how you play under pressure in the 4th qtr, when you need a score to tie or win, is what defines greatness. Otherwise Kirk Cousins would be talked about as a great QB.

Tom Brady had plenty of stinker first halfs. No one cares or remembers them.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Yeah, I mean how you play under pressure in the 4th qtr, when you need a score to tie or win, is what defines greatness. Otherwise Kirk Cousins would be talked about as a great QB.

Tom Brady had plenty of stinker first halfs. No one cares or remembers them.
Who said anything about assigning greatness?

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA

GB left a shit load of points on the table. Starting in the first half (6pts off of 3 RZ trips)….and then culminating in the missed FG.

Love trying to play hero ball again at the end was just the coup de grace on their game.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Interesting story in this game, two former 1 overall QBs, abandoned by their drafting teams, finding success with a new, well coached organization.

Goff is the most interesting. McVay is obviously a good coach and they had some talent in LA (won the Super Bowl the next year), but he's prospering in Detroit. Speaks well of Ben Johnson and the GM, Brad Holmes.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Just saying, Purdy played pretty damn well when they needed him to.

“It’s not how, it’s how many.”

GB rose to the occasion defensively, was on an incredible roll as a team, so I don’t see it as some slight against Purdy that he didn’t win in a more impressive manner. In the end, his team won and he was a key part of it when he needed to be.

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
And.....if you want to build a winner, that's a good thing right, assuming Peters can build one?

Yes, of course, but it will take a few years before we have similar talent. We will have to temper our expectations somewhat. It will take time to get the roster fixed. This is Brad Holmes 3rd full season with Detroit. They were a hot mess when he got there in Jan 2021.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Yes, of course, but it will take a few years before we have similar talent. We will have to temper our expectations somewhat. It will take time to get the roster fixed. This is Brad Holmes 3rd full season with Detroit. They were a hot mess when he got there in Jan 2021.
3 years out is where my head is at….

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
Kc +2.5 had me sweatin but glad i didnt bet against mahomes, hes a different animal in the playoffs

That said, i got the ravens at home next week

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad