OT: 2024 Washington Commanders thread: change we can believe in!

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Could shape up to be one of the more interesting drafts in quite some time. Kind of feels like the Bears aren’t sold on Williams and want to trade out of 1OA. Williams and his dad seem to be doing everything in their power to try and manipulate the process and help dictate where he goes. The QB draft class next year looks terrible so there are a lot of teams that are interested in QBs this year.

Also, don’t like Leno being released. He wasn’t great but was better than he got credit for and they have so many holes to fill I don’t see why they needed to get rid of a player that was useful.
Leno was going to have hip surgery next week, so it's probably an injury settlement, he gets paid, they get the roster spot back. Either way, he was solid for a few years.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Could shape up to be one of the more interesting drafts in quite some time. Kind of feels like the Bears aren’t sold on Williams and want to trade out of 1OA. Williams and his dad seem to be doing everything in their power to try and manipulate the process and help dictate where he goes. The QB draft class next year looks terrible so there are a lot of teams that are interested in QBs this year.

Also, don’t like Leno being released. He wasn’t great but was better than he got credit for and they have so many holes to fill I don’t see why they needed to get rid of a player that was useful.
Re: Leno. Prob cost/age vs reward.

Prob can spend 10m in a better place? Or get a “Leno” for less than that (like half).

I mean, it IS scary how few OL they now have …. but for f***’s sakes, we wanted them to change it all.

So strap it on, right???

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013
I mean … other than the need to use a homophobe term in his depiction of the rebrand —

He’s not wrong, like at all. Supplant his word with “stupidest” or “most inane” or “silliest” or “pathetic” or “asinine” or….you get the drift.
Whoever runs that twitter account just thinks that's funny. He posted in January saying Ben Johnson said it. So I would assume it's fake news.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
I’ll admit I’ve warmed somewhat on Daniels listening to smarter NFL scouts quash the size worries.

At this point it’s just f*** no to Caleb Williams, who is an obvious narcissist who will merc whatever team(s) he ends up playing for.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I don't have a dealbreaking problem with anything CW himself has done so far.

It's his dad that worries me the most.

I think the WFT staff will make the best choice they can. They're not in desperation mode, trying to save their jobs. They're a newly installed but experienced bunch who have had plenty of time to weigh several similar but good options.

If it works out, great. If not then we'll probably all MMQB the whole thing with an avalanche of atodaso.

Not concerned.

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
Normally I’d be good with trading back because they have a lot of holes on the roster but I am so tired of not having a QB and I want them to shoot their shot on a potential franchise guy.
Who’s to say they can’t take a qb at #2 and trade back into the 1st for alt/fashanu?

Reactions: TCB

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
A quote from an SI article...

That fact brings up an interesting proposition for Washington as it may have a window to jump up one spot and grab the quarterback of their NFL Draft dreams. So, what would it cost?

According to a projected trade idea presented by NFL Network draft analyst Daniel Jeremiah, it would take the following package.

WASHINGTON COMMANDERS GET: No. 1 Overall Pick, 2024 NFL Draft

CHICAGO BEARS GET: Nos. 2, 67, 138, 2024 NFL Draft and 1st Round Pick, 2025 NFL Draft

Of course it's just speculation, but good for a little conversation...

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
A quote from an SI article...

Of course it's just speculation, but good for a little conversation...

Its still too expensive unless they entire FO is unanimous in that one QB is the only solid pick and both the remaining two are likely busts... then you shoot your shot. In absence of that, its a stupid price to pay when JD and DM are sitting there to be chosen from.

Just rank the guys 1,2,3 and take the highest one on the board at 2. We might get lucky and get our #1, but we're guaranteed to get our #2. Keep that draft capital.

I fully expect them to make the right call regarding CW, with KK in the house. IF they want him, it will be with inside information. If they don't, its the same thing. Not that we even have our choice, he's still likely to go 1OA unless his dad continues to be a doosh nozzle.

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013
Snyder would have already signed Smith.

It would be tragic if we picked up a 33 year old with an injury history and stopped looking for a LT that can hold it down for the next decade.

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
Snyder would have already signed Smith.

It would be tragic if we picked up a 33 year old with an injury history and stopped looking for a LT that can hold it down for the next decade.

Tragic? In 2023, PFF gave Smith an 88.6 pass-blocking grade, the highest in the entire league among offensive linemen to play 100 or more snaps. He’s a beast. I could see us giving him a two or three year contract that we can get out of easily after this year or the next, if needed.

A rookie right handed qbs best friend is a veteran left tackle.

Reactions: RedRocking and g00n

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad