OT: 2024 Washington Commanders off-season thread: change we can believe in!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
Looks like Sunday Ticket is now $479 for the year without adding YoutubeTV which means national televised games aren't included, or $709 if you include (or already have) YoutubeTV for the five month long season.. No thanks whatsoever. I'll find "alternative" ways of viewing.

I remember when it was like $300 on DirectTV but you could always negotiate them down to $150 or so each year.

Good grief?! Almost 500 clams for NFLST? GTFO.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Im old school I guess. I really only watch my HTS .. even then its hard as f*** to make time.

If I had a rabbit ear TV and a VHS of DDD ... im good to go.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
So what do people expect?

Defense:

O Line:

QB:

TE, Run Game:

Defense - Worst CB room in the league

Offense - Worst O line in the league

QB - rookie playing in a new system, in a new league .. with the worst O line protecting him

ZuMTeg[1].gif

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
Im old school I guess. I really only watch my HTS .. even then its hard as f*** to make time.

If I had a rabbit ear TV and a VHS of DDD ... im good to go.

Me too. Right now pretty much the only thing keeping me from dumping cable outright is their DVR functionality. I almost never watch a sporting event live, DVRs made that convenience almost a necessity.

Soon as I can figure out how to stream whatever it is that I need/watch, and EASILY set recordings for things, I’ll launch xfinitys equipment into the volcano, maybe Brian Pothier could use it.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
exaggeration...
Maybe .. pretty subjective and we have to wait and see, were all just guessing and projecting here

LT - we are starting a 3rd round rookie who split time btw LG and LT last year in his senior season
LG - we are starting the Chiefs backup
C - FA pickup .. he should be a decent solid starter
RG - Cosmi .. hes good
RT - Wylie is Wylie

Cosmi is the only guy who might be top 10 at his position

Coleman is probably the lowest ranked LT to start week 1 in this league but thats on paper .. who knows what he is

Wylie - bottom 5 for starting RT

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Me too. Right now pretty much the only thing keeping me from dumping cable outright is their DVR functionality. I almost never watch a sporting event live, DVRs made that convenience almost a necessity.

Soon as I can figure out how to stream whatever it is that I need/watch, and EASILY set recordings for things, I’ll launch xfinitys equipment into the volcano, maybe Brian Pothier could use it.
me and you both. i actually cut cable but added youtube tv back last week bc i couldnt get my bunny ears to pick up local channels

Ive tried streaming live sports .. you use your phone the try and simucast it to your smart tv(?). but when I go to the sites it wants me to download apps to my phone and these are some sketchy apps .. like raw dogging a 48 year old eastern european street walker sketchy

Reactions: John Price

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Maybe .. pretty subjective and we have to wait and see, were all just guessing and projecting here

LT - we are starting a 3rd round rookie who split time btw LG and LT last year in his senior season
LG - we are starting the Chiefs backup
C - FA pickup .. he should be a decent solid starter
RG - Cosmi .. hes good
RT - Wylie is Wylie

Cosmi is the only guy who might be top 10 at his position

Coleman is probably the lowest ranked LT to start week 1 in this league but thats on paper .. who knows what he is

Wylie - bottom 5 for starting RT

This is just one ranking, but Wyle comes in 33rd out of 81tackles, Cosmi is 4th out of 79 (top 5) and Biadasz is 16/36 (basically mid level). Allegretti and Coleman don't make a comparable ranking, so call them unknown.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Commanders had to move on. they did the right thing. No field goal is worth that baggage. I’m all for doing it right even when it hurts. And it all hurts right now. People want a rebuild for the caps. Nope… but we have a full on rebuild going on with Commanders right now and I’m here for it (but definitely not for caps).

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
Looks like Sunday Ticket is now $479 for the year without adding YoutubeTV which means national televised games aren't included, or $709 if you include (or already have) YoutubeTV for the five month long season.. No thanks whatsoever. I'll find "alternative" ways of viewing.

I remember when it was like $300 on DirectTV but you could always negotiate them down to $150 or so each year.
FWIW, you can get $100 off, if you have Verizon.

Under their +play deals, you can get it for $349-$389 (the latter w/ RZ).

As a degenerate gambler, seems like a total bargain.

Yes…my NFL, my Sunday Ticket, my precious

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008

Just get red zone if you don't live in the DC area, or hit the bar

McManus f***ed us over. Shouldn't have been waited out though. Didn't need any more bad pub on this organization.

Yes Youtube Sunday Ticket is egregious. If I lived out of market I would be very upset.

But I don't live out of market. Antenna Gang

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
I'm unreasonably optimistic that JD will ball out this weekend and somehow win this game.
215 yards passing, 2 td. 70 yards rushing 1 td

I went to the home opener last year which was pretty electric but the one this year is gonna blow that out of the water especially if he balls out and beats tampa in his debut

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I'm unreasonably optimistic that JD will ball out this weekend and somehow win this game.
Cam Newton holds the rookie debut record with 422 passing with 2TDs and another rushing….

I’m hoping for 2 TD’s, 280+ yds, 1 rushing TD…..

Reactions: usiel

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
I don't like how they're the underdog but it's more disrespect

Tampa 3.5 favorite but the NFC South sucks.

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
If I lived out of market I would be very upset.

giphy.gif

$25 a week isn't the end of the world. Being able to watch any game we want is pretty nice, and the household also has a Chiefs fan, so we get a little extra mileage out of it that way.

Hell, I used to get screwed a lot of the years I was local. The years I was out on Kent Island and Denton, we were designated a Baltimore market, so we wouldn't get Skins games half the time. And that's how it was for a lot of people in the Baltimore/DC corridor who were my age -- young enough to never have a Colts team to root for right at the same time the Skins got great.

So when the Ravens showed up, everywhere considered a Baltimore market would occasionally not get DC games. 2-4 times a year maybe. I remember the first time I got DirecTV when I moved to Denton -- I switched from cable specifically for football -- the first game that season was blacked out locally AND not available to me via Sunday Ticket because I was deemed local somehow.

I was still in newbie promotional time, so I told DTV to come get their shit that week, switched back to cable, called my buddy who'd just gone full hippy and moved to Vermont, paid for him to get Sunday ticket, used his login to get the Internet feed, and hooked my laptop up to the TV.

And I went through all that shit to watch a Dan Snyder team play even shittier football. I f***ing hate the way the NFL resolves its overlapping markets. Total con job. So for me, now being DEFINITELY out of market in FLA is a relief.

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
That's not even the worst of it. Even with paying out the ass for sunday ticket and/or cable in general, you then have to pay extra for useless shit like peacock to catch primetime games like this one on friday in brazil. Amazon prime already has thursday night games. Wouldn't be surprised at all if we transition to a reality where all primetime/playoff games and especially the superbowl become subscription-based. There's so much money to be gained with it

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
New scandal dropped! VP got caught by the fraudster O'Keefe. As usual the video is heavily edited, and if you could get the entire videos they're certain to be much less damning.

I am 900% sure Snyder is responsible. He began funding NAGA again after he sold, and he's probably tossed money to these clowns to do their thing too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad