OT: 2024 Washington Commanders off-season thread: change we can believe in!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Would have liked to have gotten BA if the acquiring price was right, but glad that now we can finally all get off the WR roller coaster.

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
Does anyone here have redzone/is it worth it? Much better cost compared to sunday ticket and I get the commies games anyway, but always wanted to try redzone for fantasy

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
Does anyone here have redzone/is it worth it? Much better cost compared to sunday ticket and I get the commies games anyway, but always wanted to try redzone for fantasy
i tried it last year and did not renew this season. Can't watch local team game until after its over. When you go to replay the game all of the scores are posted ruining your watching experience.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
I have been testing nfl plus out which has red zone. I noticed you can turn scores off which is nice

red zone is fine

Reactions: usiel

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Btw….that BA deal was the same offer the 49’ers had on the table for a while…..so he caved after they made it clear he wasn’t getting traded.

Reactions: Block

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Any word on when Newton will be ready to play ?

I'n not overly concerned at the moment but the longer he's out the more nervous i'll get since we passed on high quality prospects at actual need positions to take him .

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
RZ is ideal for fantasy and betting. I love it.

For fans who really really care about not knowing the score of their local game, and/or watching the game in its entirety, maybe not the best thing.

You have to also be the type of person who not only tolerates "whip around" type action going from one game to another in a split second, or having 3-4 (or more) games being shown at the same time in some instances, but you have to enjoy that sort of thing. Which I do.

It's always more frantic for the 1pm game when 8 or more games are typically going off, and settles down for the 4pm games.

The only annoying thing to me is sometimes they'll have to go away from coverage of the last game in the 4pm window before it resolves, but that's often taken care of by switching to the national broadcast. Rarely have I had a serious interest in that game AND it wasn't being shown nationally on some channel in my area.

Did I mention it's COMMERCIAL FREE? So you just get the football and not all the f***ing truck ads.

tl'dr f***ing love RZ and would kiss it on the lips if possible

Cappy76

Sponsor
Sep 1, 2005
London, Kentucky

For fans who really really care about not knowing the score of their local game, and/or watching the game in its entirety, maybe not the best thing.

You have to also be the type of person who not only tolerates "whip around" type action going from one game to another in a split second, or having 3-4 (or more) games being shown at the same time in some instances, but you have to enjoy that sort of thing. Which I do.

It's always more frantic for the 1pm game when 8 or more games are typically going off, and settles down for the 4pm games.

The only annoying thing to me is sometimes they'll have to go away from coverage of the last game in the 4pm window before it resolves, but that's often taken care of by switching to the national broadcast. Rarely have I had a serious interest in that game AND it wasn't being shown nationally on some channel in my area.

Did I mention it's COMMERCIAL FREE? So you just get the football and not all the f***ing truck ads.

Sums it up nicely right here

Roric

Aug 2, 2020

Yeah but if I have RZ separately like through NFL+ app or a separate channel whilst simultaneously separately watching the commanders game on cable live broadcast, shouldn't be an issue getting the score spoiled then right

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Where I live in Columbia They black out alot of Washington games. So Redzone is the only way to keep up.

Ill prob be buying the year pass again on NFL+ even tho the app was kindof glitchy last season.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Yeah but if I have RZ separately like through NFL+ app or a separate channel whilst simultaneously separately watching the commanders game on cable live broadcast, shouldn't be an issue getting the score spoiled then right
The live cable broadcast is either going to be ahead of or synched with RZ

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida

I used to do that. The trick for me was to pause RZ for a few minutes while the Skins were playing so it'd always be 5-10 minutes behind. But now that the NFL does the quick recaps where you can watch all the meaningful plays in 20 minutes per game, I just wait and watch those instead.

So nowadays, RZ is mostly for the impatient, the diehards, and the gamblers. Mostly the gamblers. ;)

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I need to get Sunday Ticket, it sounds like

Looks like Sunday Ticket is now $479 for the year without adding YoutubeTV which means national televised games aren't included, or $709 if you include (or already have) YoutubeTV for the five month long season.. No thanks whatsoever. I'll find "alternative" ways of viewing.

I remember when it was like $300 on DirectTV but you could always negotiate them down to $150 or so each year.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
So what do people expect?

Defense: I'm taking this as a whole, because I think JDR was that bad and brutally lazy. St Juste played well once, I hope he can do so again. Forbes played well never, but I think he could maybe be helped a ton by a cohesive defense that plays as one unit instead of several separate ones that get divided and picked to pieces. I expect to see more production out of the D line if that happens. LB? Who knows! Anyone who puts any thought into anything for the first time in 2 or 3 seasons probably gets more out of the corps

O Line: EB called something like 947 long-developing pass plays in a row every game, and that combined badly with a shellshocked QB to boot. He wasn't Gruden, where you could tell exactly what play they were running. But the element of mystery kind of vanished when you knew it would be a pass so often that you could sell out defending that and shrug if we pulled off the very occasional run. If the defense is better and they aren't always behind, and the playcalling is more intelligent, I think we see the line perform really well. Weren't a bunch of guys individually decent per PFF? The sum can be better if it isn't a stew of shit. I think this could be a place where the team surprises everyone.

QB: I hope you aren't too fond of football as it currently exists, because this guy is about to change everything about the game.

TE, Run Game: We might have some of those year, so that's nice.

Reactions: kicksavedave

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
So what do people expect?

Defense: I'm taking this as a whole, because I think JDR was that bad and brutally lazy. St Juste played well once, I hope he can do so again. Forbes played well never, but I think he could maybe be helped a ton by a cohesive defense that plays as one unit instead of several separate ones that get divided and picked to pieces. I expect to see more production out of the D line if that happens. LB? Who knows! Anyone who puts any thought into anything for the first time in 2 or 3 seasons probably gets more out of the corps

O Line: EB called something like 947 long-developing pass plays in a row every game, and that combined badly with a shellshocked QB to boot. He wasn't Gruden, where you could tell exactly what play they were running. But the element of mystery kind of vanished when you knew it would be a pass so often that you could sell out defending that and shrug if we pulled off the very occasional run. If the defense is better and they aren't always behind, and the playcalling is more intelligent, I think we see the line perform really well. Weren't a bunch of guys individually decent per PFF? The sum can be better if it isn't a stew of shit. I think this could be a place where the team surprises everyone.

QB: I hope you aren't too fond of football as it currently exists, because this guy is about to change everything about the game.

TE, Run Game: We might have some of those year, so that's nice.
I think this is all fair. The one thing I really am worried about is LT -- no knock on Coleman personally, but we haven't seen him play a single snap against a team with a different logo. Maybe he'll be a steal -- I'd LOVE for him to be a steal! But if he's "just" a 3rd round pick forced to start because there was no better option on the roster or the league-wide waiver wire -- then we're kinda' screwed.

(No pressure, kid...)

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I think this is all fair. The one thing I really am worried about is LT -- no knock on Coleman personally, but we haven't seen him play a single snap against a team with a different logo. Maybe he'll be a steal -- I'd LOVE for him to be a steal! But if he's "just" a 3rd round pick forced to start because there was no better option on the roster or the league-wide waiver wire -- then we're kinda' screwed.

(No pressure, kid...)

Yeah, it'll need to be seen if a general lift can counter those question marks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad