OT: 2024 Washington Commanders off-season thread: change we can believe in!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

Three OT in the top 17. Strong D edge draft overall. Three CB in the top 17.

2025 NFL Aug draft rankings.png

Reactions: Neil Racki

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia

Three OT in the top 17. Strong D edge draft overall. Three CB in the top 17.

View attachment 903760
Athletic mock

1. Washington Commanders: James Pearce Jr., edge, Tennessee

As is the case with the top spot in the draft overall, the No. 1 edge ranking is up for grabs — and the winner of that race very well could be the first pick next spring.

Pearce, a twitched-up, long, 6-foot-4, 245-pound burner is firmly in both discussions. He led the SEC with a 21.8 percent win rate (No. 2 among Power 4 returning players), 52 pressures and 14 1/2 sacks last season. Pearce has to back that up in 2024, but he’ll be tough to top if he does. — Nick Baumgardner

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Athletic mock

1. Washington Commanders: James Pearce Jr., edge, Tennessee

As is the case with the top spot in the draft overall, the No. 1 edge ranking is up for grabs — and the winner of that race very well could be the first pick next spring.

Pearce, a twitched-up, long, 6-foot-4, 245-pound burner is firmly in both discussions. He led the SEC with a 21.8 percent win rate (No. 2 among Power 4 returning players), 52 pressures and 14 1/2 sacks last season. Pearce has to back that up in 2024, but he’ll be tough to top if he does. — Nick Baumgardner
Going to be scared from the fake Predator for a decade when it comes to EDGE folks admittedly. However it falls if an OT is a reach where ever they pick sure they could use an edge.

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
God Help Us if we pick #1 overall, WHEN we actually have “the QB”.

Trade the f*** outta 1OA. Be the Bears, for once.
JD going down early then yeah would not look at the #1 overall being out of reach. He's the entire xfactor of the season. Sort of feeling the 6 to 12 draft range.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
If we're drafting 1OA, everything's gone to shit.

That said, I'm in the "no thanks" to the high pick on DE camp. It's said to be next-highest value to a QB, but it seems every bit as boom or bust as QB, and it feels like there are more mid-to-late round guys who excel there than highly-drafted dude. (Yes, 100% still applying ointment to some Chase Young burns -- but how is the Jags' Trayvon Walker pick looking?)

I'm not a fancy stat-head or analyst-type-object, but OT seems more valuable because he's responsible for keeping the QB alive, protecting him from the opponents' mid- to late-round stud DE. (See what I did there?)

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

Poor Montez Sweaty balls can’t get over his time in DC lol….

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

Speaking to Ben Standig of The Athletic, the agent said: "There is complete disarray over there. Look at how they've handled Aaron Rodgers. Has one player had more power than him? He skipped minicamp. They have been unable to convert him into a team player. The vibe inside the building is terrible."

Lol….love it….

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
As plausible as that story may be I'm going to need more than one agent saying it. Win and all that other stuff tends to take care of itself. They've still got a lot of talent.

As for the 'Ders, unless Daniels is Stroud+ it's hard to see them getting more than seven wins or so. OL/CB/Edge and a lack of explosive playmakers on both sides makes it tough to believe they'll consistently be successful. But as long as the foundational pieces are solidifying that's the main thing. Peters still has a lot of work to do, most glaringly still the OL but their corners could also get pretty routinely toasted.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
they're projected to win about 6 games by vegas and I would hammer the over

Going 1st OA would be a huge dent in that plan. Especially when the roster is upgraded from last year

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
Gotta be top 5 dumbest contracts ever handed out, and it’s just getter better.

I’ll lmao til the cows come home if Lamarrr has another MVP type season, trip over his own feet when it matters, then the ratbirds back up a brinks truck for him.

Reactions: RandyHolt

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I like 7 or 8 wins…..

Individually, in a “perfect” rookie season scenario I’m hoping for around 24 passing TD’s, 5 rushing, 5 INTs, 4000+ all purpose yards….or better.

Last edited:

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Going to be scared from the fake Predator for a decade when it comes to EDGE folks admittedly. However it falls if an OT is a reach where ever they pick sure they could use an edge.
Same ... it seems like while Edge is still a premium position and in high demand, theres a lot of supply. Lots of good options in FA. In 2022 you had Von Miller, Chandler Jones, and Hassan Reddick available for good value contracts. Also you can rotate a DT or hybrid LB there like we are doing w Jamin Davis now.

My hierarchy for draft used to be QB, LT, DE, WR, CB

Now? QB, LT, WR, CB, DE

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad