OT: 2024 Washington Commanders off-season thread: change we can believe in!

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Maybe JD needs to distance himself from BA who is being a drama queen while trying to use him as leverage. BA could also act like an adult and honor his contract. Mr. T would say he's acting like damned fool.

He’ll honor his contract when he’s forced to report or face massive fines, you watch.

This is just typical Players vs Management stuff. In a system where the players are the ones with everything to lose, I hope he eventually makes them pay up or trade him to a place he would be more appreciated.

Sep 19, 2008
other than Daniels-Aiyuk gate which I refuse to entertain, the criticism was that Ekeler was moving away from being an every down back. Odd to critique that as 1) running backs have a short shelf life and 2) being part of a RB rotation is a good thing, not bad.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
other than Daniels-Aiyuk gate which I refuse to entertain, the criticism was that Ekeler was moving away from being an every down back. Odd to critique that as 1) running backs have a short shelf life and 2) being part of a RB rotation is a good thing, not bad.

I posted that before…he told Harbaugh he essentially wanted to save himself and Jim said no thanks….I want a workhorse. What if another starter/position player said “hmm I only want to play 75% of the downs”? It’s fine if you are in a place that is RBBC, which we are, but it doesn’t work for all.

Block

Feb 14, 2005
That’s how the cesspool known as social media works….look how easily it gets a rise out of people….
Oh, I know how it works, but I think it's a truly bad negotiating tactic. NFL GMs aren't known for their acceptance of public airing of all this stuff.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Oh, I know how it works, but I think it's a truly bad negotiating tactic. NFL GMs aren't known for their acceptance of public airing of all this stuff.

They are known to cave and trade players when a player starts to make too much noise…

Roric

Aug 2, 2020

Funny coming from Tiki Barber who was criticized for retiring in his prime due to the physical toll that football has on a player's body, especially an RB, and that he "couldn't take it anymore"

Tons of RBs in Ekeler's position would've come in demanding all the touches and here's one that recognizes his place in the offense and is trying to extend his own shelf life to remain a value to the team. Let the younger bigger BRob take the punishment between the tackles while Ekeler operates as a 3rd down pass-catching back. What's the issue here? Ekeler is not built to be an every down back, that was clearly evident last season.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Has worked for many….it’s the least palatable option, but with witty social media, a smart player today will not be so in your face like say a TO was back in the day.

Hell we had a pretty solid LT publicly force his way out and he has crushed it both professionally and financially since.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Funny coming from Tiki Barber who was criticized for retiring in his prime due to the physical toll that football has on a player's body, especially an RB, and that he "couldn't take it anymore"

Tons of RBs in Ekeler's position would've come in demanding all the touches and here's one that recognizes his place in the offense and is trying to extend his own shelf life to remain a value to the team. Let the younger bigger BRob take the punishment between the tackles while Ekeler operates as a 3rd down pass-catching back. What's the issue here? Ekeler is not built to be an every down back, that was clearly evident last season.
31 was hardly his prime but he was playing at an elite level when he retired. He didn’t ask to play part time at 28 lol….

The key difference is Tiki carried the ball over 300 times 4 of his last 5 seasons. Ekeler has 2 seasons total with just over 200 carries and appears to want to play even less lol..

Last edited:

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Anyone watch the last episode of hard knocks? The Giants front office seems like such a dickhead Org. How he treated Daniels and Saquon. Imagine how they treat their own players.

Both of those players are in division and go against them twice a year. I’m sure they circled it.

Also JD came off very smart in the playbook questions. They kept trying to trip him up and JD kept nailing the questions. Looked way better then his top golf tape.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad