OT: 2024 Washington Commanders off-season thread: change we can believe in!

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
1721774107462.png

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Aiyuk kicked and screamed a few times to see if he could parlay it into a bigger salary this year. It was clearly worth the risk since all wounds will be quickly healed since he didn't drag it out into camp. The bar is set that its ok for players to say they are worth more than their contracts by threatening to not report but I still get annoyed that players don't want to honor their contracts.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
apparently the Giants really wanted Daniels on Hard Knocks

Them beating us twice when you think about it helped us finish lower than them and helped us pick him

If Washington manages to beat DeVito once or Tyrod (didn't even play Jones either time) the Commanders draft someone else.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
apparently the Giants really wanted Daniels on Hard Knocks

Them beating us twice when you think about it helped us finish lower than them and helped us pick him

If Washington manages to beat DeVito once or Tyrod (didn't even play Jones either time) the Commanders draft someone else.
Didn't the Panthers have some last minute losses last season that could have changed things around in the pick order. I am curious if the Commanders drafted #1 if Daniel's was still the pick.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
WaPo updates on Camp Day 1: https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2024/07/24/washington-commanders-training-camp-news-updates/

Key tidbits for those who don't subscribe:

Some notable takeaways from Day 1:
  • There is no quarterback competition. There never was. Yes, Jayden Daniels and Marcus Mariota are splitting reps, but it’s been clear since the day the Commanders drafted Daniels that he’d be the starter, and he’s ensured with his play that there’s no room for doubt. Although Wednesday’s workout was just in helmets and shells and focused primarily on red zone work, Daniels was far and away the better quarterback, just as he was throughout the offseason workout program.
  • Johnny Newton’s recovery is a welcome surprise. The rookie defensive tackle participated in individual drills, but appeared to have his full strength and quickness off the line. The Commanders were thrilled to get him at No. 36 in the draft, believing from the outset that he would be taken earlier. Now that he’s healthy, they could have another weapon on the defensive line.
  • The Commanders practice with tempo. Quinn’s practice structure is the most notable change right off the bat. There is no standing around, no second wasted. Individual drills fill both fields, everyone is involved in team drills and players practice with more urgency.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006

You don’t say….sic ‘em @RandyHolt

“Hold-ins”…..the latest tactic….
Aiyuk planted the seed. He's the enemy now, so...

Trent's a stoner. He just wants to skip a few weeks of camp. Oldest vet trick in the book. Dude does not need to practice for 7 weeks.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Giants offered #6 + 2025 1st and more for #3 and it wasn’t enough….
That's maybe an underpayment for the pick straight up (depending on what the "and more" was), but it's a significant underpayment when you consider it would give a division rival their pick of the remaining guys, AND it would put us out of the top 3 guys.

If I were AP, my price for the NYG would have been 3 #1s, 2 #2s, a roomful of in-their-prime strippers and a suitcase full of blow.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
That's maybe an underpayment for the pick straight up (depending on what the "and more" was), but it's a significant underpayment when you consider it would give a division rival their pick of the remaining guys, AND it would put us out of the top 3 guys.

If I were AP, my price for the NYG would have been 3 #1s, 2 #2s, a roomful of in-their-prime strippers and a suitcase full of blow.

Permanent VIP table at Scores? lol…

• Haha
Reactions: ynotcaps

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad