Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v4 |Mon, Jun 17 | vs BOS | 7pm ET/4pm PT | Pivetta vs Kikuchi

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Re-signing Kiermaier was the definition of thinking you could make it one more exit before stopping to fuel up.

They should have been delighted to get the value they did out of an old player last year and then walked away.
The bad thing is I thought they could pinch hit for him. Biggio has struggled a lot recently so nope. Clement can’t hit righties. Turner has been shit for a month plus and likely couldn’t handle Rodriguez stuff. Kirk might have been an option but you wouldn’t want to get rid of the backup catcher.

The team is badly constructed. Not enough offense and some batters underperforming even into last year and there’s been zero changes. Incredibly dumb..

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
The dude is nearly 27 and has a ~.950 OPS at AAA in 2023 and 2024 (161gp). Considering the Jays lack of contact ability, it's just a big waste of talent.
I had no idea he was that old. Thought under 25 for sure. He needs to be up yesterday

Even when he's managed to get people out this year, Gausman hasn't looked anywhere close to his level of the past two years.
I was just listening to the game briefly on the radio today and in that little bit it just didn't see like Gausman had it. I think they'd be smart to move off of him at the deadline. I think it would be smart to try and grab some assets for him now. This comment is not related to his game tonight. I just think like you're eluding to that we are starting to see a decline

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
The bad thing is I thought they could pinch hit for him. Biggio has struggled a lot recently so nope. Clement can’t hit righties. Turner has been shit for a month plus and likely couldn’t handle Rodriguez stuff. Kirk might have been an option but you wouldn’t want to get rid of the backup catcher.

The team is badly constructed. Not enough offense and some batters underperforming even into last year and there’s been zero changes. Incredibly dumb..
you can't have two DH's on the bench. That one move cripples Schneider's already limited options. One of Vogelbach/Turner needs to be moved or released

it clearly shows how far we are away
It's crazy with the money they've spent you'd think we'd be in much better shape. They need to unload every contract they can at the deadline.

Reactions: trellaine201

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
you can't have two DH's on the bench. That one move cripples Schneider's already limited options. One of Vogelbach/Turner needs to be moved or released

It's crazy with the money they've spent you'd think we'd be in much better shape. They need to unload every contract they can at the deadline.
What’s pathetic, Jays pretty much have two DHs and neither one can hit!

• Haha
Reactions: trellaine201

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I don’t agree with a full rebuild, that would be so painful. I think, and hope, they can actually retool and be a playoff team next year. I really don’t want to lose 90 to 100 games again. We don’t need to go that way.

Reactions: jetsforever

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
The team is in the worst shape in baseball

Worst ranked farm system in the league
Bo and Vlad are without contracts next year. Trade? Extend? Tough calls
We have tons of declining assets. Springer Kirk KK Turner etc
Zero outfield bats. Worst hitting outfield in mlb
Jansen need a contract.
The jays best pitcher is a UFA. Kikuchi
Garbage bullpen
Terrible attendance after stadium upgrades
Horrible manager
Horrible management
Is Atkins really gonna be on board for another trade deadline? Is he making calls on all this

Reactions: rdogg

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
The team is in the worst shape in baseball

Worst ranked farm system in the league
Bo and Vlad are without contracts next year. Trade? Extend? Tough calls
We have tons of declining assets. Springer Kirk KK Turner etc
Zero outfield bats. Worst hitting outfield in mlb
Jansen need a contract.
The jays best pitcher is a UFA. Kikuchi
Garbage bullpen
Terrible attendance after stadium upgrades
Horrible manager
Horrible management
Is Atkins really gonna be on board for another trade deadline? Is he making calls on all this
Not even close to the worst shape team in the league.

A GM and coaching changes and they could be competing next year.

I think Jays farm system is ranked 23rd.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
I don’t agree with a full rebuild, that would be so painful. I think, and hope, they can actually retool and be a playoff team next year. I really don’t want to lose 90 to 100 games again. We don’t need to go that way.
A full rebuild is going to be painful, and take years before any prospects begin to be major league ready. Compare our threadbare prospect pool to the Orioles and it's obvious this is going to take a long time. Coming into the season we only had two players in the MLB's Pipeline Top 100 list (#29 Tiedemann and #89 Martinez). How did this happen? Pathetic decisions by an inept management team.

Atkins should be canned immediately for putting together this moribund group of hitters. The team is poorly constructed, with little to no depth. He also seems to have no plan. He's not trading Vladdy or Bichette. Calls Schneider "an incredible" manager (this alone should be grounds for dismissal). Won't call Martinez and Horwitz up. Refuses to deal with the DH situation where two players who don't deserve a spot in the lineup are clogging up space on the roster, etc. He's so f***ing useless it boggles the mind how he still has a job.

The Orioles are what we should have and could have been with good management. Like someone said above, the only thing that is going to create movement is people not showing up to the park and tv numbers going down. It's going to be a longgg summer till puck drop in the Fall.

Reactions: Nineteen67

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
A full rebuild is going to be painful, and take years before any prospects begin to be major league ready. Compare our threadbare prospect pool to the Orioles and it's obvious this is going to take a long time. Coming into the season we only had two players in the MLB's Pipeline Top 100 list (#29 Tiedemann and #89 Martinez). How did this happen? Pathetic decisions by an inept management team.

Atkins should be canned immediately for putting together this moribund group of hitters. The team is poorly constructed, with little to no depth. He also seems to have no plan. He's not trading Vladdy or Bichette. Calls Schneider "an incredible" manager (this alone should be grounds for dismissal). Won't call Martinez and Horwitz up. Refuses to deal with the DH situation where two players who don't deserve a spot in the lineup are clogging up space on the roster, etc. He's so f***ing useless it boggles the mind how he still has a job.

The Orioles are what we should have and could have been with good management. Like someone said above, the only thing that is going to create movement is people not showing up to the park and tv numbers going down. It's going to be a longgg summer till puck drop in the Fall.
When Flop and Bo were coming up they tried to sell us on it being the best farm system in baseball (although some warned us that wasn't the case), so what happened? Mismanaged from top to bottom.

On the bright side of a complete rebuild, there will be more room to stretch out at spring games.

• Haha
Reactions: CabanaBoy5
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad