Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v4 |Mon, Jun 17 | vs BOS | 7pm ET/4pm PT | Pivetta vs Kikuchi

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Apart from a brief blip, Bo has been atrocious. Stunningly bad. I’m frankly surprised when he even makes contact.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
LOL atkins really said trading "stars" vladdy and bo doesnt make any sense, the fact he thinks vlad is a star and we can build around these guys is a warning sign this guy is mentally unsound. vlad is the definition of mediocre outside of the season he destroyed minor league parks. i like bichette more but even he dissapears for large portions of every season. blow this shit up(front office and manager included)

i want to like this team again, and this version is impossible to enjoy or root for.
To be fair bichette was one of the best player in MLB for the last 3 years. This season is the exception not the norm. Would not be the 1st time a player struggle because of internal problem with the team.

There's too many players struggling right now and playing under their career average to evaluate the team properly. For sure it's not a ws team but i don't think the team is as bad as its record shows. I think there's a huge problem with management both coach and GM and the players have lost faith in its ability to build a winning team and they are on cruise control.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
vogue-fashion.gif

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
To be fair bichette was one of the best player in MLB for the last 3 years. This season is the exception not the norm. Would not be the 1st time a player struggle because of internal problem with the team.

There's too many players struggling right now and playing under their career average to evaluate the team properly. For sure it's not a ws team but i don't think the team is as bad as its record shows. I think there's a huge problem with management both coach and GM and the players have lost faith in its ability to build a winning team and they are on cruise control.
i get it with bichette, but he just feels like an empty calorie stat stuffer type. going back the 35+ years ive been watching, never have i seen stars choke quite as hard as this consistently in the post season or just in big situations in general. maybe im spoiled to have watched all the elite players the jays have had since their success in the 80s and going forward but these guys just dont have it imo. nothing about these dudes makes me excited to watch baseball or gives me belief that they will perform when really needed, which is what stars do.

Last edited:

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Look at that play from Vladdy at short! Test him out now for the Bo trade and Vladdy's the new SS? :sarcasm:

Seriously though this is fun having Vladdy at 3B for a game. He's lucky he hasn't really been tested and tgat first stop was awkward as hell. But between this, the Home Run jacket return, it looks like they are having more fun. Maybe they can get on a run. Never know in baseball.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Look at that play from Vladdy at short! Test him out now for the Bo trade and Vladdy's the new SS? :sarcasm:

Seriously though this is fun having Vladdy at 3B for a game. He's lucky he hasn't really been tested and tgat first stop was awkward as hell. But between this, the Home Run jacket return, it looks like they are having more fun. Maybe they can get on a run. Never know in baseball.
I thought the same about the play at 3B, but on the replay it looked like it was heading right down the line and took a weird bounce back to Vladdy's left.

Reactions: Holden Caulfield

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

Toronto Blue Jays general manager Ross Atkins gave Bo Bichette and Vladimir Guerrero Jr. a vote of confidence on Sunday morning during an interview on MLB Network Radio.

With the Blue Jays entering play Sunday with a 27-30 record, sitting in last place in the AL East and Bichette and Guerrero's contract expiring after the 2026 season, questions about their future in Toronto have begun to surface.

"Both of them, especially (in) the month of May, have been solid," Atkins said. "Vladdy's been exceptional in May... He is in a really, really strong place."

"Both of them have such good feel for the barrel and such good feel for competing in the batter's box, they're going to perform," he later added.

Bichette entered Sunday with a .639 OPS and four home runs on the season. Three of those homers came in May when he posted a much improved .731 OPS over 25 games. Similarly, Guerrero improved his numbers in the second month of the season, posting a .678 OPS in March/April and a .917 mark in May.

With many eyes on the Blue Jays' future, Atkins was asked about the possibility of trading one or both of the two franchise cornerstones.

"It just doesn't make any sense for us... It's not something that we've spent any time on," he said. "Because they're so talented and such great teammates, they are attractive to other teams. so they will call."

As far as keeping the duo in Toronto long-term, Atkins said earlier in the interview that they have kept extension talks open with both players, and that he hopes they will be able to play with the Blue Jays for the foreseeable future.

"Of course, we have dialogue with them (about extensions) and that is something we'll continue," he said. "We believe in them, we believe in their futures and hope that there's a way they can play here for a long time."

Reactions: Cleetus

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
One of their worse signings on the off season. There was zero need for kk. I’m sure the argument was there’s no one else if Varsho can’t go but you can just put Springer back there if really needed.
I didn't hate it because Kiermaier provided great value for his salary last year, and both he and Varsho put up amazing defensive numbers. There's no reason they couldn't get great value out of both again this year.

The only way it was a bad move was if it prevented them from addressing a bigger need, which I guess it's fair to say it did. They needed a middle-of-the-order bat and they spent their available money on a defense-first CF, a defense-first utility guy, and a solid secondary hitter. That just wasn't good enough given their needs, but I don't think Kiermaier specifically was a bad move. They could have made it work, they just... got half way and decided that was good enough, I guess.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Why was Vlad playing 3rd? Are they bringing up Martinez and plan to play him at 1st?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad