Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v4 |Mon, Jun 17 | vs BOS | 7pm ET/4pm PT | Pivetta vs Kikuchi

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
At times, it does feel like nobody on this team can hit except Babe and Jano. This team makes good pitching look like great pitching. Falter is a good pitcher, but they couldn't scratch more than 1 run against him? he was mowing them down. And 5 Ks against a pitcher who barely strikes ANYONE out. It's ridiculous.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
At times, it does feel like nobody on this team can hit except Babe and Jano. This team makes good pitching look like great pitching. Falter is a good pitcher, but they couldn't scratch more than 1 run against him? he was mowing them down. And 5 Ks against a pitcher who barely strikes ANYONE out. It's ridiculous.

To be fair, neither Babe nor Jano could hit Falter either. Plus at times he was getting calls off the corners which forced hitters to expand the zone and go after bad pitches.

Falter reminds me of J.A. Happ. The extension and plane makes the fastball extremely deceptive. In fact his FB has one of the highest rated pitch values in baseball right now.

Reactions: MS

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Davis is a stud.

Didn't love the city connect jerseys in pictures but thought they looked kinda dang good on tv.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I’m going to three games in Seattle in July and I’m seriously reconsidering making the trip down to watch this garbage

This would be more bearable if I could drink and relax.. but it’s a family outing and I have to drive home after. So between that and managing the kids, I hope this is over quickly

Reactions: Tw1ster

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
Vlad thinks he is going to get paid for being a glorified singles hitter?
Apparently it’s not Vald’s fault …. It’s the Renos

It’s a pitchers park now

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
At the game.. this offense is just painful to watch
.095 with runners in scoring position in this series. It’s painful to watch on TV, I can’t imagine live. One run through 7, one run through 10 innings last night. Just horrible swings. These guys are not professional hitters. Can’t score in first inning in the last 23 games, can’t score a runner from third with less than 2 outs. Our starters can’t have bad games. Biggio, Vogelbach, Kirk…why are they still on this team?

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Whoever is allowing Vogelbach to remain in this team needs to lose their job immediately
He’s actually been not as terrible as I thought he would be and was a big reason why they won yesterday and didn’t get shutout.

647Hockey

May 5, 2024
At the game.. this offense is just painful to watch
Despite his terribly low .200 avg, when streaky Dalton Varsho is arguably the most dangerous hitter on the team with 10 HR (on pace for roughly 90 runs / 30 HR / 90 RBI / .740 OPS), you know your team is in trouble.

Last edited:

647Hockey

May 5, 2024
.095 with runners in scoring position in this series. It’s painful to watch on TV, I can’t imagine live. One run through 7, one run through 10 innings last night. Just horrible swings. These guys are not professional hitters. Can’t score in first inning in the last 23 games, can’t score a runner from third with less than 2 outs. Our starters can’t have bad games. Biggio, Vogelbach, Kirk…why are they still on this team?
In the 70s and 80s, there wasnt a lot of power. Lots small ball, lanky players and higher batting avgs. However runs scored wasnt great as it lacked HR.

Then it changed to the juice era of tons of runs and homers and also high avgs.

Now it's low batting avgs league wide, tons of Ks and everyone gunning for HR.

If any team out there can combine long ball juiced up guys with being more patient and generating runs with hit and runs, sac plays, bunts etc.... instead of alwys trying to blast a ball over the fence, the team would lead the league in runs scored.

Overall league is at batting avg and OPS lows. And that's even with no pitchers batting anymore who would drive down the stats.

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Clearly need to rebuild. Trade everyone. Or maybe fire the GM first and let a new GM do it.
We've already have James Click in the front office who should be given the GM role with full autonomy over baseball decisions over player personnel and coaching hires. Guy built a juggernaut in Houston and Atkins well hasn't. Shapiro is fine on business end just leave the operations of the team with Click.

Reactions: NailsHoglander

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
I’m going to three games in Seattle in July and I’m seriously reconsidering making the trip down to watch this garbage
Quite an investment if you ask me. I have thought about doing a baseball trip as well. I would have other plans and take the game secondary. Maybe check a concert out.

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
Quite an investment if you ask me. I have thought about doing a baseball trip as well. I would have other plans and take the game secondary. Maybe check a concert out.
I’m on Vancouver Island so after ferries, tickets, and hotels, it’s definitely an investment. I went last year for two games and it’s probably the best time I’ve had as an adult. I loved everything about it so I’m sure I’ll have a great time regardless but I was a lot more optimistic with the team last year!

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
FWIW Varsho has actually been the clutchest hitter on the team. High leverage ABs, between innings 7-9, late and close, tied games, RISP w/ 2 outs, he’s been great.
Tbf I forgot about him cus he wasn't playing lol

Reactions: Eyedea
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad