Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v4 |Mon, Jun 17 | vs BOS | 7pm ET/4pm PT | Pivetta vs Kikuchi

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
He has 14 errors this season already.

Yeah once in a while you find a diamond in the rough. Bautista/EE were discarded by their prior teams and became feared power hitters around the age of 30.

Unless they start trading people, there is no roster spots for those kids to be given a shot. You got offensive passengers on the roster like Turner, Vogelbach, Springer, Biggio, Kiermaier, etc, the kids cant get a shot.

Giving them a shot means you punt on the season, and this management does not seem to want to do that.
Barger and Horwitz would likely perform better than Biggio, Turner, Vogelbach, and KK. Obviously, they can't perform better than KK in the field but defense isn't the problem.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
LOL, this is a laffer...

It's not even men against boys... its men against infants.

Man, I long for the days the Jays could hit homers like that. Bautista/EE/Donaldson, etc

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Teoscar was a loss offensively but otherwise most of the pieces are the same.

The team’s approach and power just seems to have died when Mattingly arrived.
Definitely. I also think it's the approach the organization wants because they wouldn't have kept him on for another year.

Varsho tried going the other way with the ball last year and he had his worst year. This year he is pulling the ball. Much better.

Reactions: MS

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
17 runs against and 3 for in two games against this O’s and this management group talks about adding to this lol. We aren’t in the conversation with teams like this. Time to build up that prospect pool. See what we have in Barger, Horwitz and Martinez and revisit free agency in the off season with a new manager and vision firmly in place.

Reactions: canucksfan

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
17 runs against and 3 for in two games against this O’s and this management group talks about adding to this lol. We aren’t in the conversation with teams like this. Time to build up that prospect pool. See what we have in Barger, Horwitz and Martinez and revisit free agency in the off season with a new manager and vision firmly in place.
But they will! Thats the screwy part! They will let this inept GM make moves and get rid of whatever future our organization has

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
What a letdown so far this year.

It's already June but I feel like we are so out of it. The pitching, which should've been our strong point has been so inconsistent.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
How do you know Orelvis is brutal defensively? From what I can tell he’s fine, if not slightly below average at 3B. And when you predicate that you don’t know what/who someone is… how can you definitively say he’s not a viable prospect?

Plus saying someone is 26 is hardly a disservice in today’s baseball. How did the O’s turn 29 year old Ryan O’Hearn into a solid hitter?

Why not, idk, see how the kids fare at the MLB first before deciding their fate? All they do is score in AAA and I’m supposed to question their viability? They could probably outhit the current MLB team in games.
Horwitz still being in AAA the way this team is playing should be criminal imo

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
Remember when Toronto media was satellite tracking a plane with Otani coming to sign here?

hahahahahahalolololololol!

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
What a letdown so far this year.

It's already June but I feel like we are so out of it. The pitching, which should've been our strong point has been so inconsistent.
It's past "feeling" like we're out. We are cooked my friend

Horwitz still being in AAA the way this team is playing should be criminal imo
It is criminal. We have two guys that are only on this team to hit and neither can hit. We have a guy that is clearly ready to make the jump and crushing it in the minors and we just leave him there. The team lacks offence and we refuse to do anything to address it or ever pretend like they are trying to.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
But they will! Thats the screwy part! They will let this inept GM make moves and get rid of whatever future our organization has
That's the problem when management gets to this point and the big bosses don't do the hard stuff and fire them. He's now going to desperately try and save his job and clear the already bare cupboards to do it.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Classic Vlady, having a nice laugh on the bench. Down 10 to 1 at home, 2 out in the 9th.. these guys don't hate losing enough.

Bichette literally looked like he was going to cry in the dugout yesterday. These players look miserable.

The problem isn’t the complacency of the players, it’s the complacency of management and the total lack of urgency to make change or address problems.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Let’s focus on the positive…..uhhhh….hmmmm….I got nothing.

I used to think pitching was a strength, but lately they’ve been diasappointing. 17 runs to 3 in the two games. The pitching horrendous for the most part. The offence brutal again. And Atkins still has a job.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Remember when Toronto media was satellite tracking a plane with Otani coming to sign here?

hahahahahahalolololololol!

That was probably the worst reporting since following Kawhi’s plane. I mean, for f*** sakes..embarrassing that the media here picked up that shit to the point we our country was follow a f***ing plane.

That was were the season collapsed.

Reactions: Nineteen67

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Unless the Jays are getting Soto and Christian Walker in the offseason, or a near equivalent (unlikely) we need a full rebuild. We're not close to Baltimore right now.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Unless the Jays are getting Soto and Christian Walker in the offseason, or a near equivalent (unlikely) we need a full rebuild. We're not close to Baltimore right now.

But man, we have decent young assets. We don’t have to go down to 90 to 100 losses again. Do not want. A new GM, who is relatively smart, should retool this relatively quickly. No way we have to suffer through more seasons like from 2017 to 2020. F that.

Reactions: Habs10Habs and MS

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
Am i the only person who is very skeptical that this team will even do the right thing? A. It seems like mission impossible for Atkins to get fired, but B. Who is Shapiro even going to bring in? Another uber-analytics dork yes man and the team will still be run the exact same way?

Seems very unlikely that an actual cultural/systemic change will happen.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Am i the only person who is very skeptical that this team will even do the right thing? A. It seems like mission impossible for Atkins to get fired, but B. Who is Shapiro even going to bring in? Another uber-analytics dork yes man and the team will still be run the exact same way?

Seems very unlikely that an actual cultural/systemic change will happen.
Don’t they have an assistant that came from LA

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
Vladdy is fine. A lineup of low .200s hitters is fine. The Jays offence is fine.

"It's the SkyDome renos" [source]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad