Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
And back to transfers actually happening, Oscar Rodriguez to Leganes. There were big hopes for him four years ago when Sevilla paid about 13.5 mil for him from Real, but he never lived up to them, and Sevilla are finally cutting their losses.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Only other name floating around right now

Which is fun but he can’t kick, and won’t help this season.

Things are going great.

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
I want to cry but honestly it's more laughable than anything for LFC. They unintentionally put more pressure on the squad and Slot to perform by not getting any reinforcement this summer (if they keep it as it is)
Third year in a row they can't land their CM target (Tchouaméni, Caciedo, Zub), no rumored back-up option or plan to pivot elsewhere, no reinforcements for the new manager taking over from a legend, and Virgil, Trent, and Salah are all entering the last year of their contract.

As a Liverpool fan, we're about to enter the Arsenal post-Wenger/United post-Ferguson years.

Embrace the pain.

Reactions: trostol

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

fabrizio-romano-exclusive-chelsea-request-conor-gallagher-v0-xcqrbfntlbid1.jpeg

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Third year in a row they can't land their CM target (Tchouaméni, Caciedo, Zub),
Ironically if they had gotten the Lavia deal done they’d probably be in decent shape right now. And yeah all those players were huge home run swings and they struck out; but like if we had the summer that Brighton was having; not even like a Chelsea summer but we made the same moves f’n Brighton did - so much better shape
no rumored back-up option or plan to pivot elsewhere, no reinforcements for the new manager taking over from a legend, and Virgil, Trent, and Salah are all entering the last year of their contract.
This is the part that it’s fair to get mad about. We haven’t signed or extended anyone this summer. What exactly have they been doing? All we’ve done is send some kids out.
As a Liverpool fan, we're about to enter the Arsenal post-Wenger/United post-Ferguson years.

Embrace the pain.
This would be such a shame. We were set up much better than either of those teams were too. But when either don’t learn lesson/take the wrong lessons this is what happens. There is still time left in the window to get some of these things done, but right now this is looking grim.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Not fair to compare any EPL club to Brighton. There’s only one Brajan Gruda
They are going to come out of this summer with Wieffer, Minteh and Gruda. Thats a haul. Maybe Slot should have taken that job

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
They are going to come out of this summer with Wieffer, Minteh and Gruda. Thats a haul. Maybe Slot should have taken that job

Well sure but you guys would’ve had to convince Brajan to share the spotlight with Salah. In Brighton, Gruda can be the star of the show by Halloween.

…tongue firmly in cheek. Kid’s awesome, but he’ll likely need some time to adapt to the refereeing incompetence & get over how depressing having to move to England is :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Well sure but you guys would’ve had to convince Brajan to share the spotlight with Salah. In Brighton, Gruda can be the star of the show by Halloween.

…tongue firmly in cheek. Kid’s awesome, but he’ll likely need some time to adapt to the refereeing incompetence & get over how depressing having to move to England is :sarcasm:
Of course. But Salah also probably gone in a year so….

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Of course. But Salah also probably gone in a year so….

Yeah but Gruda got a look with the senior NT before the euros, he likely needs a shorter path to high profile PT if he wants to make the roster for the WM…at least as an integral part rather than a last minute addition who’s more of a factor for the next cycle.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
A few things:
  • Sounds like today is the official end to Nico Williams to anywhere as he was given the 10 shirt. Hard to transfer away after you accept that. Not a surprise as I’ve been saying all Summer I thought he’d stay.
  • Not sure why Barca being unable to register players is news. I don’t think the club even minds in some cases as it helps push players out the door. I think they want that deal with Inigo Martinez to go through so he can leave, though I heard Flick likes him. Anyway, as I’ve been saying for a while now, years really, they need to get rid of the dead wood. I did hear that Lenglet might be gone and so that will free up a lot of salary space, but we still have far too many CBs. Regardless of all that, OImo will be registered.
  • Zero surprise Zubimendi isn’t leaving either. Like I posted weeks ago, apparently he only leaves for Madrid or Barca. Madrid will never go for him and I doubt we do either, but I wouldn’t rule us out entirely (even if not this Summer). Also, not sure La Real even need the money, but I’m guessing they don’t and they should keep him anyway.
  • Not sure Barca move for anyone as an alternative for Williams. For starters, the financial issue. On top of that, we have Fati, Torres, Raphinha and Yamal all on the books. Pau Victor might make the first team too and you’ve also got Dani Rodriguez who if he hasn’t already officially been extended will be. All of that said, if we do go for an alternative now, I’d go right back to Joao Felix. Make it a free loan and he’d likely take a notable pay cut yet again.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Yeah the Coman talk kind of came out of nowhere, but I'll give it a "why not"

Curious to see what happens with Nico going forward. He's at a particular hype peak right now so it'll be interesting to see whether he can keep that up without making that move and whether things will have cooled or heated up by next year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad