Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Sadiki seems likely to turn us down.

While Mouki’s move to OM was reportedly on the cusp of imploding, though BVB have now offered to give him up on a loan-to-buy move.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Perisic has already left Hajduk and in an unceremonious fashion (Gattuso suspended him in the most recent league match). He had an out clause in his contract so I guess he is using that but really looks like he used Hajduk to get back into fitness for Euro which at the end of the day even that didn't work out. There is speculation that Flick might want to bring him to Barcelona as a depth piece

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Having 0 backup plan after team representatives have made public comment about the positional need, while it’s your first few months in charge of one of the biggest clubs in the world is nothing short of an absolute failure.

6 months after they were hired and during the most critical transfer windows in years.

It’s pathetic

mfilipo3

Jan 13, 2017
Perisic has already left Hajduk and in an unceremonious fashion (Gattuso suspended him in the most recent league match). He had an out clause in his contract so I guess he is using that but really looks like he used Hajduk to get back into fitness for Euro which at the end of the day even that didn't work out. There is speculation that Flick might want to bring him to Barcelona as a depth piece
How much does he have left in the tank now? I think he could still be a solid depth piece at LB or LWB for mid - top table team

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
In all that spending, I don't see a position or profile that has become more expensive for everyone else and I don't see Chelsea hoarding good talent either, so what's the impact on other clubs and how is it damage or worse for the sport? Damage is limited to Chelsea.

Reactions: Blender

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
In all that spending, I don't see a position or profile that has become more expensive for everyone else and I don't see Chelsea hoarding good talent either, so what's the impact on other clubs and how is it damage or worse for the sport? Damage is limited to Chelsea.
The players as well. They also drive up the price or play a role into it with many other clubs.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
There likely is some impact to bottom table and lower division clubs, the ones that normally would have been the next stepping stone for some of the young talent. Player would spend a year or two there, then move to the next step, that club would make a bit of money and so on. The players are still probably making it back out to the same level they'd otherwise play at, but those teams are now just renting them and don't get the income they would have for being those bridge clubs in the past.

Are they hurting a Liverpool, Arsenal, Real? No, but they might be hurting a Lorient, Rio Ave, etc...

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Supposedly, the Cherries will use some of the Solanke funds to go after Nketiah. If Arsenal is able to get anything higher than 25 million pounds for him would be insane.

Reactions: KJS14

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Supposedly, the Cherries will use some of the Solanke funds to go after Nketiah. If Arsenal is able to get anything higher than 25 million pounds for him would be insane.
Hmm - would they use him up top? They have other attacking options already but need depth at the 9 with Unal hurt

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
He was excellent at this year’s Euros. More shrewd business by Brighton
I think it will be a good signing but i'm slightly reserved as its a record fee for a player that had a hot string of games at the Euros.

It's one of the more ;big name' signings I can remember from Brighton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad