Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I want to cry but honestly it's more laughable than anything for LFC. They unintentionally put more pressure on the squad and Slot to perform by not getting any reinforcement this summer (if they keep it as it is)

Reactions: trostol

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I want to cry but honestly it's more laughable than anything for LFC. They unintentionally put more pressure on the squad and Slot to perform by not getting any reinforcement this summer.
Why is it laughable? Would it be laughable if Madrid came for Trent and Trent said he wanted to stay at home? That’s basically what happened here.

If they don’t do anything for the next three weeks, yeah that’s very bad, but there is still time left in the window

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Why is it laughable? Would it be laughable if Madrid came for Trent and Trent said he wanted to stay at home? That’s basically what happened here
It's laughable because they announced the world that he was their guy but they did not even agreed anything with him. It's beyond idiotic.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
I want to cry but honestly it's more laughable than anything for LFC. They unintentionally put more pressure on the squad and Slot to perform by not getting any reinforcement this summer.
Are they interested in Ait Nouri (especially after Robertson’s injury?)

Different profile though, Ait Nouri is more a LWB and I’m not familiar with Slot’s tactics

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Liverpool are morons if they put all their chips on the guy they weren't even sure would come.
Allegedly his gave his word that he wanted to go and then he flipped. Can’t do much about that. Sociedad told him that he had to pay his own release clause to leave today too

It's laughable because they announced the world that he was their guy but they did not even agreed anything with him. It's beyond idiotic.
No they didn’t. This did not happen

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Allegedly his gave his word that he wanted to go and then he flipped. Can’t do much about that. Sociedad told him that he had to pay his own release clause to leave today too
Allegedly is a poor excuse. Why does it only happen to LFC? Why they need to announce it and then get rejected. Either way that does not bring confidence about how they 'handle' transfers.

Every associated account to LFC+Real Sociedad announced it, it's not like shady sources that nobody believe. They did all their effort in getting hin without having his full consent.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Are they interested in Ait Nouri (especially after Robertson’s injury?)

Different profile though, Ait Nouri is more a LWB and I’m not familiar with Slot’s tactics
They were linked earlier this summer. I don’t think Ait Nouri moves at all, probably not to LFC.

I would hope they would get a guy like Hincapie. They need someone left footed who can cover LB and CB, since minutes may be limited at both spots, and they will eventually need a Virgil plan anyway. Hincapie one of the few that could pull this off

Allegedly is a poor excuse. Why does it only happen to LFC? Why they need to announce it and then get rejected. Either way that does not bring confidence about how they 'handle' transfers.
It does not only happen to LFC. Nobody is NOT going to announce transfer news. Get real. This was consistently presently that LFC wanted the player and it would come down to the players decision. Sociedad told Zubimendi to pay La Liga 51 million today. What exactly do you think LFC could have done differently here?

“Liverpool were originally informed that Zubimendi was prepared to leave the Basque team this summer, but the 25-year-old has backtracked on that decision after being put under pressure by Sociedad to remain loyal.”

What exactly is LFC supposed to do about that

Last edited:

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Why is it laughable? Would it be laughable if Madrid came for Trent and Trent said he wanted to stay at home? That’s basically what happened here.
If Real Madrid agreed on a transfer fee and got rejected by TAA, I would laugh at them but it won't happen, why? Because if Real Madrid agree on a fee they will have done their homework and agree with TAA on a contract.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
They were linked earlier this summer. I don’t think Ait Nouri moves at all, probably not to LFC.

I would hope they would get a guy like Hincapie. They need someone left footed who can cover LB and CB, since minutes may be limited at both spots, and they will eventually need a Virgil plan anyway. Hincapie one of the few that could pull this off

It does not only happen to LFC. Nobody is NOT going to announce transfer news. Get real. This was consistently presently that LFC wanted the player and it would come down to the players decision. Sociedad told Zubimendi to pay La Liga 51 million today. What exactly do you think LFC could have done differently here?

“Liverpool were originally informed that Zubimendi was prepared to leave the Basque team this summer, but the 25-year-old has backtracked on that decision after being put under pressure by Sociedad to remain loyal.”

Thanks

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Liverpool are morons if they put all their chips on the guy they weren't even sure would come.

“It is unlikely at this stage that Liverpool will switch their attention to an alternative midfield target, with Zubimendi having been targeted because he suited a specific profile of No6 for Slot’s squad.”

Yes. This is moronic.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

Simple, agree on a contract and terms + transfer fee with Real Sociedad. Basically have clear insurance that he wanted to join.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If Real Madrid agreed on a fee and got rejected by TAA, I would laugh at them but it won't happen, why? Because if Real Madrid agree on a fee they will have done their homework and agree with TAA on a contract.
“Despite that Liverpool had been assured the Spain international, who featured in the Euro 2024 final success over England last month, was ready to take the next step in his career and compiled background checks accordingly. However, Sociedad made it clear that he would have to force his way out of the club by personally triggering a £51 million release clause in his contract and that they would not negotiate with Liverpool.”

Again - what should LFC have done differently about that

Simple, agree on a contract and terms + transfer fee with Real Sociedad. Basically have clear insurance that he wanted to join.
This is not simple. This does not happen on 100% of transfers. This is not a LFC only issue.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
“Despite that Liverpool had been assured the Spain international, who featured in the Euro 2024 final success over England last month, was ready to take the next step in his career and compiled background checks accordingly. However, Sociedad made it clear that he would have to force his way out of the club by personally triggering a £51 million release clause in his contract and that they would not negotiate with Liverpool.”

Again - what should LFC have done differently about that
Not looking for a player clearly not fully convinced to join. It is not the first it happened either, Caicedo was kind of similar. Assurance is not enough, you need the player to be ready to do his part to join. Either way it's a very bad look to LFC from the outside.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Not looking for a player clearly not fully convinced to join. It is not the first it happened either, Caicedo was kind of similar. Assurance is not enough, you need the player to be ready to do his part to join. Either way it's a very bad look to LFC from the outside.
Who cares about the outside?

They were told he wanted to go, and Sociedad forced him to stay. That’s what happened here

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Nah I laugh at this because I told you years ago Laporta was just a dumbass.
Signing all those players the last few years was just bad.
Barca needs to do a real house cleaning and stop signing everyone. Rebuild with their academy players who aren't doing worse than the big names they're signing all the time.

And I conceded you were right.

I don't see Casado as more than an Oriol Romeu.
Bernal is still very raw, needs a couple years of seasoning.

We will see. It's not like Zubi is the difference between winning or not lol
I liked both so far but we'll see. If they have to buy someone they should get a young guy who won't break the bank and can fix the issue long term. Swing for the fences.

I’ve been to San Sebastian and hated it

I love Spain but the Spanish basque country….not so much

Barcelona is much nicer
This guy roots for Lex Luther im convinced.

Reactions: HeHateMeFrisbee

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Beier to BVB is done.

Beier / Guirrasy
Malen/Gittens - Brandt/Reyna - Adeyemi/Duranville
Groß/Sabitzer/Nmecha - Can/Özcan
Kabar/Bensebaini - Schlotterbeck - Anton/Süle - Couto/Ryersen​

f***ing Bayern raiding their Bundesliga competition again. :sarcasm:

Nor Iñigo nor Roque.
Olmo knew this, and was ok with it.
Nico Williams was not ok with it
Olmo just being a good team player, since he knows he'd spend half the season on the injury list anyway. Thoughtful lad.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
You know the funny thing about this is Romano (and others trying to make it seem like Zubimendi is being benevolent by staying at Sociedad, when in fact Sociedad held him hostage and told him to pay his own release clause. Oh well.
Reading elsewhere it seems this actually may be the norm in Spain. Buying club gives the money to the player, player pays the release clause. It's not really an obstacle, though it does mean Sociedad wasn't willing to offer any alternative payment structure on it (e.g. installments).

Reactions: bluesfan94

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Reading elsewhere it seems this actually may be the norm in Spain. Buying club gives the money to the player, player pays the release clause. It's not really an obstacle, though it does mean Sociedad wasn't willing to offer any alternative payment structure on it (e.g. installments).
Sociedad made it an obstacle. That’s all that mattered here. And they are certainly in the right to. I’m just not having that LFC did anything particularly wrong here.

It’s wrong if there’s no alternatives. It’s wrong if they don’t do anything else summer, but they did the best they could have done here.

BUT I won’t be here to comment on the next saga. I’m signing out tomorrow so everybody talk your trash while you can

As I wrote last week, if he wasn't going to Arsenal, there was no chance he was going to Liverpool.
Honestly Sociedad should have sold Zubimendi to LFC and told yall to kick rocks for Merino. I’d rather have the larger transfer fee if I were in their shoes. But I’m not in charge.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
That is how it works. You're just seeing cope right now from some posters.

I think the same posters said LFC LOVED release clauses.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad