Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Liverpool is mystery, I have no clue what they are doing, thinking or even trying to achieve this year. The only reasonable explanation I have (and it's uterly dumb) is that they are doing a rebuild on the fly with the current players and that next year they will know who to keep or let go from the team. I think there is a high chance that Salah, VVD, TAA, Robertson and Alisson are playing their last season with the club.

FSG is the definition of ownership without proper ambition trying to coast success with mininal expenditures. They have the mindset of a midtable club with the revenues of a top 10 clubs.

Last edited:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Liverpool is mystery, I have no clue what they are doing, thinking or even trying to achieve this year. The only reasonable explanation I have (and it's uterly dumb) is that they are doing a rebuild on the fly with the current players and that next year they will know who to keep or let go from the team. I think there is a high chance that Salah, VVD, TAA, Robertson and Alisson are playing their last season with the club.

FSG is the definition of ownership without proper ambition trying to coast success with mininal expenditures. They have the mindset of a midtable club with the revenues of a top 10 clubs.
It makes sense to start thinking about the next keeper though, I get it.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
It makes sense to start thinking about the next keeper though, I get it.

Kelleher is quite good from what I've seen
I have no issue in getting a goalkeeper now!

I have huge issues though of not properly replacing Salah and VVD. Not to mention the failure to get a proper 6 for now 3 years in a row. It's hard to imagine the stubbornes and/or complacency in that LFC decision/transfer/planning room.
For the record the player I do not care leaving is TAA. I think we already have a better RB on the team.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
You can’t really harp on replacing VVd and Salah when they are still there.
You can plan ahead. There are doing that with Alisson apparently why not do the same with Salah or VVD. Purchase + Loan or Loan+Purchase (like they are doing with the Georgian GK)

Also letting Salah, VVD and TAA leaving on a free is overall a disaster class itself.

Unless LFC decide next summer they will invest massively, they are bound to have a rude awakening.

The funniest thing about LFC is reading the same stories every summer with the very same explanation. LFC only look at specific target (that they miss for some reason), then the journos go on, LFC only targeting special talent, no other option available, they will revisit next summer for sure. Then the following summer the exact same scenario unfold, and on and on. They must be sitting a huge sum of money if every summer the supposed money available is never used to invest into the team. If it stays that way, they will tell everyone no suitable option on the market and they are happy with the current team and next sunmer they will invest massively.

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I mean sure tbh aye one way to do it. But how would they be able to predict when they actually need to replace them? Just seems like complaining for the sake of it.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I mean sure tbh aye one way to do it. But how would they be able to predict when they actually need to replace them? Just seems like complaining for the sake of it.
They are out of contract next summer. It's not just a prediction it's quite likely they leave especially with the Saudi clubs lurking around with huge salaries.

Complaining for the sake of it. Had LFC showed ambition or a direction at any point this summer I would kind of agree with you, but at that point of the summer with very few days left it gets frustrating they have not got in one player. I will say it adds way more pressure on Slot also to deliver results. If the team stink early on, the pressure and frustration will reach new high level from the fanbase.

But anyway, I wanted to minimize my interaction on this board about LFC transfer. I have been here for so long and I have told myself that complaining as a supporter from the outside won't change anything what is important is what they deliver on the pitch.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Sadiki reportedly prefers a move to 1.FCU but other Union doesn’t want to give him up yet.

We should go after Mouki too.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Brighton are starting to be big movers and shakers. Now they got great german kid Gruda for 30 mil.

Also if teams are looking for veteran leadership, Shaqiri and Szczesny just became available on a free

mfilipo3

Jan 13, 2017
Brighton are starting to be big movers and shakers. Now they got great german kid Gruda for 30 mil.

Also if teams are looking for veteran leadership, Shaqiri and Szczesny just became available on a free
They’ll probably both go to $audi

Reactions: S E P H

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad