Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
LFC basically hired an entire front office and couldn’t make a better sales pitch than that shit show, what a joke
I have a lot of thoughts on this LFC/Yoro thing.

I want to preface this and say, they dropped the ball a bit here. If their strategy is to only sign unicorns, you HAVE to sign the unicorns when you identify them and they are available.

That being said, there is no special sales pitch that Utd made here. They just dropped a bag. And here is a thing, its a silly offer. No one will care if its a silly offer if Yoro hits, but the money Utd put on the table here is crazy for an 18 year old on an expiring contract who has never left France. Obviously it can work out, but there is just as much of a chance that he busts or they just wind up developing him for Madrid anyway (albeit getting some reinvestment out of it). Madrid, who is pretty impeccable in terms of their talent eval, said no thank you, They certainly could have put in a competitive offer but didn't.

LFC has been out of this for weeks, so they will be (and should be) judged on if they have a good Plan B for this. The narrative is a lot different with him going to Utd instead of Madrid obviously but we can't really cry over spilled milk here. But we can't do nothing either. Can't do another Caicedo to Endo thing. Rightfully or Wrongfully - I can see LFC saying its not good for our brand if Madrid keep beating us on players. R or W - I can see them saying we don't want to pay what it will take to flip him from Madrid because we are not as desperate for a CB. R or W - I can see them saying why sign Yoro if we have Quansah (which is dumb because they can play both) . Basically there is some logical spin here. There are some pros and cons obviously. But at this point just have to see what happens next.

I hope United figure it out, the PL is more interesting with a strong United team. I'm more worried about Liverpool sans Klopp and with those owners.
Yeah I mean, there are very few outcomes which leads things to getting better. Just have to trust that the infrastructure in place is sound.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It’s preseason. It genuinely does not matter. You are yet again making a mountain out of a mole hill.
It matters if its a continuation from the regular season. With the same coaching staff especially, This is not an isolated incident

"It's just preseason" only applies if its just preseason. This isn't just preseason

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
It matters if its a continuation from the regular season. With the same coaching staff especially, This is not an isolated incident

"It's just preseason" only applies if its just preseason. This isn't just preseason
So what is it then? I don’t believe that game they played against Rosenborg was a competitive game. I believe it was just preseason. With two players that could be argued to be a part of their starting 11. And one of those 2 they are desperately trying to improve on. You are just factually wrong that it isn’t just preseason btw.

Reactions: Jussi

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
There is a mountain of evidence from the last 12 months that conceding that volume of shots is the norm. Also, Rosenborg is a miserable Norwegian League team. The standards are miserable
There’s also an entire season of evidence where conceding that amount of shots wasn’t the norm. Not saying it doesn’t need to improve but I’m not going to base worries or lack thereof on the very first preseason game.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
What's the plan for RB?

It seems like ETH loves Dalot and he might be the main guy, but he definitely needs a solid backup. He's not great defensively and shouldn't be a guy playing 50+ games all comps.
I actually think he improved considerably last season defensively, and is no longer a liability. And yes, he does need a backup.

Reactions: luiginb

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
I don't even think the price for Yoro is that bad. Sure he has one year left, but what's the asking price for 18 year old CBs with that level of a ceiling?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
There’s also an entire season of evidence where conceding that amount of shots wasn’t the norm. Not saying it doesn’t need to improve but I’m not going to base worries or lack thereof on the very first preseason game.
Not the most recent evidence
So what is it then? I don’t believe that game they played against Rosenborg was a competitive game. I believe it was just preseason. With two players that could be argued to be a part of their starting 11. And one of those 2 they are desperately trying to improve on. You are just factually wrong that it isn’t just preseason btw.
It is a continuation of them conceding high volumes of shots from the most recent season which was under the same coaching staff.

Why are you acting like I am making this up? I am literally basing this on the most recent body of evidence. Doesn’t mean it can’t change, but this is all based on recent evidence

I don't even think the price for Yoro is that bad. Sure he has one year left, but what's the asking price for 18 year old CBs with that level of a ceiling?
Around what Madrid was offering. And that's just the transfer fee, TH=hink I saw Utd were offering around (please correct me if I am wrong) 150k wages as well? Thats a lot. For example, 150k p/w would make him 4th top earner at LFC, tied with Alisson and Alexis (and Gravenberch because of the contact that Bayern gave him). Thats a very big deal.

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

806281fd-c65d-4d52-b8eb-da138046d8f6_text.gif

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah I'm surprised with @Savant 's point here.
Yoro is arguably the best CB prospect in the world. He' s extremely young. There should be a bidding war for him. PSG, Real and United were after him.
Real thought they could wait a year or spend 20M.
PSG was asked the infamous 80M.
United has made a great signing.
Even if Yoro has a so-so performance with them, they could still sell him for 40M if he doesn't pan out given his previous performances.
You see some big team spending 40,50,60 even 70M on guys with potential but completely unproven. Yoro is not unproven.

Reactions: Gecklund

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Around what Madrid was offering. And that's just the transfer fee, TH=hink I saw Utd were offering around (please correct me if I am wrong) 150k wages as well? Thats a lot. For example, 150k p/w would make him 4th top earner at LFC, tied with Alisson and Alexis (and Gravenberch because of the contact that Bayern gave him). Thats a very big deal.
Lol, you just proved the oppostive of your point.
Yoro is wayyyy more proven than Gravenberch.
And lol at Yoro being worth 20M. You're in for a surprise.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yeah I'm surprised with @Savant 's point here.
Yoro is arguably the best CB prospect in the world. He' s extremely young. There should be a bidding war for him. PSG, Real and United were after him.
Real thought they could wait a year or spend 20M.
PSG was asked the infamous 80M.
United has made a great signing.
Even if Yoro has a so-so performance with them, they could still sell him for 40M if he doesn't pan out given his previous performances.
You see some big team spending 40,50,60 even 70M on guys with potential but completely unproven. Yoro is not unproven.
I agree with all of this. I do think the wages would be a problem for LFC though. They aren't going 150k a week even if they matched the transfer fee. Trust me I have issues on this all the way around.

Lol, you just proved the oppostive of your point.
Yoro is wayyyy more proven than Gravenberch.
And lol at Yoro being worth 20M. You're in for a surprise.
LFC didn't give Gravenberch that contract though. Bayern did. My point isn't if Yoro is more proven than Gravenberch. Its if he is more proven than Alisson and Alexis. You kind of ignored those two names

I think Yoro is worth more than 20m for sure. I think usually we see 18 year olds in the last year of their deal go closer to 20m than what United are giving Lille. And in just about every post I have made on this I have certainly acknowledged this could easily work out for Utd and LFC dropped the ball.

LFC want to sign unicorns but are prude when they have the chance to get one. They cannot have it both ways

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I don't see anything wrong with this? Plenty to dump on with Perez, don;t think this is one of those things
Well because of his stubbornness, he'll miss out on the best CB you get out there. Even though Real desperately needs one. Even though they have the money.
If you don't see what's counter productive, that's your problem.

I agree with all of this. I do think the wages would be a problem for LFC though. They aren't going 150k a week even if they matched the transfer fee. Trust me I have issues on this all the way around.

LFC didn't give Gravenberch that contract though. Bayern did. My point isn't if Yoro is more proven than Gravenberch. Its if he is more proven than Alisson and Alexis. You kind of ignored those two names

I think Yoro is worth more than 20m for sure. I think usually we see 18 year olds in the last year of their deal go closer to 20m than what United are giving Lille. And in just about every post I have made on this I have certainly acknowledged this could easily work out for Utd and LFC dropped the ball.

LFC want to sign unicorns but are prude when they have the chance to get one. They cannot have it both ways
He is more proven than MacAllister was when he joined yes. So...

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Well because of his stubbornness, he'll miss out on the best CB you ger out there. Even though Real desperately needs one. Even though they have the money.
I don't think there is anything wrong with sticking to your valuation. There are other fish in the sea. Madrid have not been burned yet.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Well because of his stubbornness, he'll miss out on the best CB you ger out there. Even though Real desperately needs one. Even though they have the money.
I don't think there is anything wrong with sticking to your valuation. There are other fish in the sea. Madrid have not been burned yet.

Well because of his stubbornness, he'll miss out on the best CB you get out there. Even though Real desperately needs one. Even though they have the money.

He is more proven than MacAllister was when he joined yes. So...
Alexis was a World Cup winner when he joined LFC. Come on.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Nah it's not sticking with his valuation.
Perez wants payers to force to leave on a free.
And there's no other fish like Yoro available.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Madrid made a mistake, too bad for them.
Happy he doesn't join them, sad to see him leave L1, good job by Lille and United.
The other teams who could have afforded him will likely regret.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
LFC basically hired an entire front office and couldn’t make a better sales pitch than that shit show, what a joke
I will never judge LFC front office based on transfer activity. I will judge them VERY hard on results on the field, though.

I will be the first hater and I have been very vocal about FSG ambitions in the past. This year I am way more zen. I accept that LFC will never spend money like other contenders, it's very obvious. That being said if they don't spend it's not an excuse for not getting results. A very poor excuse at least for a club that was at the top of football from 2018 to 2020. So it's not like they are starting a project from scratch, if they don't reach minimum top 4 next year, all the blame should be to the front office. TBD.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Madrid made a mistake, too bad for them.
Happy he doesn't join them, sad to see him leave L1, good job by Lille and United.
The other teams who could have afforded him will likely regret.
It seems Perez only has this mindset for defenders. Spends on Endrick when you know Mbappe will eventually come. Area when you have Rodrygo, Diaz. Bellingham when you have 3 really good young midfielders.

Obviously it’s not the same. But Perez acting like he should get a discount because the player only wants Madrid kinda only happened with Camavinga.

I can’t overly complain because Perez usually gets who he wants but a very obvious whiff at a huge position of need.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yoro to United. 52M pounds. Taking a medical today.
Wonder how many voodoo priests he hired to make it happen lol.
Well @Jussi got a lot of crap but Yoro does have a medical scheduled.
Highly disappointing from Real and also Lille there.
Real because they think they can lowball everyone and will have missed out on a one of kind prospect.
Lille because they're pressuring the player into going to a mess rather than accept the PSG offer that was equivalent.

Osimhen is very close from PSG.
100M. 12M salary.
Tbh, he's exactly what they need but will have to sell Mbappe's buddy Kolo Muani.
Arsenal should be all over that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad