News & Notes XLIII: Cam Ward is a Cute lil 10 Year Old

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
uns55puigfjd1.jpg

Reddit has been taking a look at THN’s scouting reports and draft previews of the previous years. I found Necas’ interesting, because it’s (IMO) almost unchanged to how he plays now.
2018 phenom Filip “PTO” Zadina

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
On my phone I can't read the fine test. What does it say about Glass' Ceiling?

Assuming this was more than a (very good) bit of wordplay:

They compare him to Mark Schiefle, said "give him a year and he'll dominate the league", called him very talented and very smart, but needs to work on his compete level.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Saw this on the Telegraph, a UK site. Worth a read....a company poised to revolutionize how we watch sporting events: https://archive.ph/iXA4A

"Welcome to the future of watching football: 87ft-wide TV screens coming to a bar near you
Ultra high-definition cameras smaller than a smartphone installed in stands at Premier League grounds to create an ‘immersive’ experience"

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Building one of these in Atlanta. Dundon should take note for his redevelopment:

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
It sounds like Bally is still planning on carrying several teams but those teams have got to know that the bottom is going to drop out of this sooner rather than later. There’s got to be some kind of plan b in place, they can’t just not broadcast games. I mean I guess they could but I feel like that would have to be leaving money on the table

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I can't tell from the article, are the Canes still going to be on Bally? If so, how is that bad news for Mike and Tripp, or are you talking down the road more?

I’ve not heard anything about the Canes starting their own network to watch games (as other teams, like Vegas and Anaheim, are going to do), so I’m under the assumption they were going to remain on Bally.

Which was fine, because Bally was bailed out of bankruptcy temporarily last year by Amazon, and Amazon was supposed to basically buy the network to keep it afloat while they got streaming rights. Well, that article is saying that Amazon has backed out of that offer to buy the network, which means Bally is basically back to being bankrupt.

Of course, many teams still use Bally and the league can’t survive if ALL those teams don't have a television broadcast, so I imagine the NHL would step in and figure something out, but with this news coming so close to the start of the season, it’s a little iffy…

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
It sounds like Bally is still planning on carrying several teams but those teams have got to know that the bottom is going to drop out of this sooner rather than later. There’s got to be some kind of plan b in place, they can’t just not broadcast games. I mean I guess they could but I feel like that would have to be leaving money on the table
Given the relationship with 99.9 and Capital Broadcasting, I expect the emergency plan would be one with a digital station of WRAL or WRAZ, hopefully moving to a longer-term solution after this season.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
The worrisome part is that there is no assurances here that Bally is willing or able to finish the year broadcasting games for anyone. We are over of their smallest markets, if they have to start slashing expenses, you have to figure we are at the top of that list, and now that we know they are in bankruptcy with no buyer to bail them out, it's probably in our best interests to immediately pivot to our backup plan.

This is the same company that started dropping MLB teams on a whim last year. You can't trust them.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
The worrisome part is that there is no assurances here that Bally is willing or able to finish the year broadcasting games for anyone. We are over of their smallest markets, if they have to start slashing expenses, you have to figure we are at the top of that list, and now that we know they are in bankruptcy with no buyer to bail them out, it's probably in our best interests to immediately pivot to our backup plan.

This is the same company that started dropping MLB teams on a whim last year. You can't trust them.
Im sure there is a lot more to it that I would ever know about but it seems like someone with Dundon's resources (or that of any owner) could pretty quickly get a streaming service up and running if need be. I know the equipment is expensive but he could pretty easily get the crew in place. Isnt most of the crew employed by the Canes anyway?

Reactions: AD Skinner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad