News & Notes XLIII: Cam Ward is a Cute lil 10 Year Old

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I got tired of playing the EA NHL games years ago because you knew about 10 sec before the computer was going to score because they'd suddenly go god-mode against you and every poke-check, pass, lost puck, etc would go right to their player and they'd score a soft goal against your goalie. Meanwhile you could put up 50 one-timers and the computer would stop everything even when down & out. Gameplay is just so inconsistent, either way too easy or impossible.

I remember the NHL2K series, one of my favorite features was that a badly timed hit meant you could end up taking out your own teammate...i don' think EA ever implemented a feature like that but you can diddle the stick on a 2-second one-timer up ice!!

I haven’t played EANHL since the Staal cover, but my favorite aspect was Be-A-Pro. I don’t care if it was unrealistic, I liked the idea of the Canes having a star rookie that won the Calder, Rocket, Art Ross, etc. And I liked that you could put in a custom goal song for your player. Every time I scored a goal, a bit of the chorus for “Wonderboy - Tenacious D” would play.

I imagine, 15 years later, if Be-a-Pro still exists in NHL2024/25, it’s basically unchanged from that version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad