Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Closed Window Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
very promissing but hasn't done much at the pro level yet. Fast, really skilled and shots well from distance. Similar to Antony before he went to United but faster/more direct in his take ons.
I'm assuming this is more of a succession plan for Kudus next summer, but it will be interesting to see what kind of involvement he has this season.

Hope it goes through. I like a forward thinking move like this that actually shows forethought, even if that's a lot of money to lay out for an unproven player at the top level.

Reactions: John Pedro

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I guess we can look forward to more years of 'The refs are against Barca wahhhh' from you. Enough tears from a grown ass man to flood the state of Wisconsin.

Enjoy the losses for your pig club.

LOL, hilarious. Love that you keep having a go at WI. You should really visit WI. We have some beautiful places. Of course you shouldn’t refrain from commenting on the state in your posts considering how much better it makes them.

Well that’s just the point. It’s rather difficult to enjoy a league where all the other club and their supporters know who gets the calls and who doesn’t. It’s nothing to cry about, but it’s important to document it or it gets ignored. Of course Madridistas don’t care. Everybody knows why they started supporting the club in the first place.

Reactions: luiginb

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
LOL, hilarious. Love that you keep having a go at WI. You should really visit WI. We have some beautiful places. Of course you shouldn’t refrain from commenting on the state in your posts considering how much better it makes them.

Well that’s just the point. It’s rather difficult to enjoy a league where all the other club and their supporters know who gets the calls and who doesn’t. It’s nothing to cry about, but it’s important to document it or it gets ignored. Of course Madridistas don’t care. Everybody knows why they started supporting the club in the first place.
Top Chef was in WI this season. That’s like one of the only shows Mrs Savant and I can agree on

Also - there are much worse states that WI in the Midwest alone

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Top Chef was in WI this season. That’s like one of the only shows Mrs Savant and I can agree on

Also - there are much worse states that WI in the Midwest alone

Milwaukee has had quite a run of top restaurants for a couple of decades now. Sadly I’m too picky to go to the vast majority of them.

Absolutely, but I would argue no matter where you are there are good and bad things.

Being less shitty than Ohio doesn’t mean you’re not shitty

LOL. Our state isn’t utopia, but shitty? As compared to where? Illinois?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Being less shitty than Ohio doesn’t mean you’re not shitty
If you and I are being chased by a bear, I do not need to out run the bear. I need to out run you :)

Milwaukee has had quite a run of top restaurants for a couple of decades now. Sadly I’m too picky to go to the vast majority of them.

Absolutely, but I would argue no matter where you are there are good and bad things.

LOL. Our state isn’t utopia, but shitty? As compared to where? Illinois?
Chicago is the best city in the Midwest. But Milwaukee is definitely #2 for me. Also I am friends with a bunch I’m of Milwaukee transplants kind of randomly. Good people.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
If you and I are being chased by a bear, I do not need to out run the bear. I need to out run you :)

Chicago is the best city in the Midwest. But Milwaukee is definitely #2 for me. Also I am friends with a bunch I’m of Milwaukee transplants kind of randomly. Good people.

You have to be able to escape the bear even if it takes a detour.

Milwaukee and Madison can both be fun, but my second favorite midwestern city is Minneapolis/St Paul.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Kvara has said yes to PSG but they need to agree with Napoli. 100M on the table.

Last edited:

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Daichi Kamada let go by Lazio after an extremely underwhelming season. I loved him in the Buli but his play seemed to fall off a cliff this year.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Daichi Kamada let go by Lazio after an extremely underwhelming season. I loved him in the Buli but his play seemed to fall off a cliff this year.
Going to reunite with Glasner at Crystal Palace probably. Shame he will probably be replacing Eze and/or Olise instead of playing with them

Dutch Media reporting that Sepp van den Berg is unhappy with Liverpool's high asking price for him.
Ajax interested, sum seems to be £20m
They say this like if Mainz was looking to sell Sepp van den Berg to LFC, they wouldn’t have a high asking price. He’s under contract. He can go if there is a fair offer

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
They say this like if Mainz was looking to sell Sepp van den Berg to LFC, they wouldn’t have a high asking price. He’s under contract. He can go if there is a fair offer
Either way, he is desperate to leave. He doesn't feel like the asking price represents how Liverpool have valued him the past couple of years. Considering the loans and all I guess.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Either way, he is desperate to leave. He doesn't feel like the asking price represents how Liverpool have valued him the past couple of years. Considering the loans and all I guess.
Isn’t the point of loans to improve the player? When a player improves, their asking price generally goes up.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Isn’t the point of loans to improve the player? When a player improves, their asking price generally goes up.
Players are loaned out because they aren't considered part of the teams plans at that part of time. Often times it is done to get younger players professional experience, yes. I think his issue is that he never got a fair chance at Liverpool.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Players are loaned out because they aren't considered part of the teams plans at that part of time. Often times it is done to get younger players professional experience, yes. I think his issue is that he never got a fair chance at Liverpool.
Sepp is 22. He is the one getting loaned out for professional experience. How are you quantifying that he never got a fair chance? Who should he have been playing over? Also if he didn’t think Klopp was giving him a fair chance - guess what - new guy is in charge. Not like we can’t use another CB either.

But yeah the whole thing is contradictory. You (not you, you) can’t say “I want a move out because I am one of the best young CBs In the world” and follow it up by “My club has too high a transfer fee on me”. If you are good you are going to demand a higher fee than a player who is not good

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
How are you quantifying that he never got a fair chance?
Three and a half years of straight loans maybe? Zero first team minutes for Liverpool.
But yeah the whole thing is contradictory. You (not you, you) can’t say “I want a move out because I am one of the best young CBs In the world” and follow it up by “My club has too high a transfer fee on me”. If you are good you are going to demand a higher fee than a player who is not good
I think he just wants to make sure that he gets to join another club where he can play a lot of first team football. Maybe he thinks the asking price is an issue because he wants to stay at Mainz? Completely fair in my mind.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
20 million, in this market, for a 22 year old with a decent amount of upside isn't an awful price.

It just prices out a lot of bottom feeding clubs if we are honest. I think if push came to shove, Liverpool would likely let him go for less than 20, as long as it was incentivized / sell ons with relatively achievable prices that could get closer to that valuation.

For what it's worth, I don't know that I buy the "they're asking too much for me stuff and I never got a shot talk". Did Klopp give him a legit shot? Not really no, but he also wasn't ready. Quansah moved up by happenstance. I do think it's unlikely he is really saying that, as he has as much of a shot as anyone to take hold of a 4th-5th defender position with real playing time, under a Dutch manager now. He could look at 15-20 pretty high level matches, along with being a regular on the team sheet with a little luck and a good performance in the summer. I don't know if he's good enough for Liverpool, but I haven't written off anything at this stage. Saying he wants to go, and they're asking too much doesn't really make sense to me, prior to preseason or even any workouts.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Three and a half years of straight loans maybe? Zero first team minutes for Liverpool.
Who should he have started over? And it’s not like the opportunity would not have been there. Look at Quansah this season. You have to earn minutes. He didn’t. He was loaned out.
I think he just wants to make sure that he gets to join another club where he can play a lot of first team football. Maybe he thinks the asking price is an issue because he wants to stay at Mainz? Completely fair in my mind.
I’m sure that he does, but that doesn’t mean LFC have to make a bad deal to do him (or Mainz) a favor. He will go if a fair offer comes in.

20 million, in this market, for a 22 year old with a decent amount of upside isn't an awful price.

It just prices out a lot of bottom feeding clubs if we are honest. I think if push came to shove, Liverpool would likely let him go for less than 20, as long as it was incentivized / sell ons with relatively achievable prices that could get closer to that valuation.

For what it's worth, I don't know that I buy the "they're asking too much for me stuff and I never got a shot talk". Did Klopp give him a legit shot? Not really no, but he also wasn't ready. Quansah moved up by happenstance. I do think it's unlikely he is really saying that, as he has as much of a shot as anyone to take hold of a 4th-5th defender position with real playing time, under a Dutch manager now. He could look at 15-20 pretty high level matches, along with being a regular on the team sheet with a little luck and a good performance in the summer. I don't know if he's good enough for Liverpool, but I haven't written off anything at this stage. Saying he wants to go, and they're asking too much doesn't really make sense to me, prior to preseason or even any workouts.
Sepp and Quansah were both here this preseason. Quansah outplayed him/out showed him in training. Quansah could have easily been loaned out, but he forced his way in. By the end of the season he took Konate out of the Starting XI. You can’t say there was not a path for Sepp

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

It used to be. There is only 1 city north of the Mason-Dixon line that is in the top 10 of growing cities and it's Columbus.

Also #1 in the US in population growth.

I've lived from San Francisco to DC to St Louis and my entire family was born in Chicago and there isn't a city I would rather live than Columbus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad