Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Closed Window Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Arteta is supposedly in love with him (not sexually).
1717685036818.png

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
All the Isak and Bruno rumours make perfect sense, Newcastle is in FFP problems due to not making Europe, which really hurt their finances and so they're going to have to sell one big player to comply with their finances. It sounds like it will be Bruno, Isak sort of confirmed on Swedish news that he's going to stay.

Who are we expecting to be the sacrifice from those six clubs? Gallagher from Chelsea, Bruno from Newcastle, Watkins/Konsa from Aston Villa, Branthwaite from Everton, Hudson-Odoi/Dominguez from Forest, and Hermansen/Ndidi from LC?

E: Supposedly Bruno G. has a 100 million pound release clause, City going after him.

EII: Arsenal going after Onana and Everton need to sell, Romano saying Everton looking for around 60 million.

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
The epl team that wants Alvarez is Chelsea. Woof if he goes there. About the only place where the magic of Enzo and him somehow won’t resurface. Someone needs to bend his ear and give him a kick in the ass for even thinking of it.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Meh, does this guy get things right? Looks like total BS to me. I highly doubt they’re looking at a 2025 transfer right now.
That said, if it is serious, as much as I like Wirtz, not sure he’s a player we should be targeting with our needs.
He’s providing a source from a pretty reliable account.
If you have a chance to get him you do it.
Anyway it's a pipe dream. There are fish with more $$$ that will get him
Where would he play? You have similar profiles already that are young. To get another one with a crazy fee would be nonsense. It gives you gotta catch ‘em all vibes. Spend money on positions you don’t have. Not the Jaoas plz

Reactions: les Habs

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
After a loan at Copenhagen, Forest let Scot Scott McKenna walk free. Not a PL player methinks but should be really good again in the Championship.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I bet they'll still sell Gallagher because it doesn't even seem like the higher-ups particularly believe in him and they've spent so much money on other midfielders.

For all the smoke around him has the club ever come out to quell anything?
I still expect all the same sales. Gallagher, Maatsen, Chalobah, Lukaku, maybe a winger, etc. We received the money for Kepa and Hazard winning UCL, and getting the Hall money. The perk now is that we can put those sales into next year, as opposed to this year.

I still don't like selling Gallagher, the part that I was truly hating was selling him mid-season and then still expecting a quality finish when he was one of our few good players.

Reactions: Blender

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
This may or may not be true, I don’t know, but the article’s basis is that Chelsea is saying they don’t need to, which could just as easily be a leverage thing.
One way or another, the same sales that were going to happen are still going to happen, it's just a timing thing. Selling Gallagher was always apart of the plan, same with Maatsen, Broja, Chalobah, etc. I'm good with that strategy when it's used to fund transfers for some of the biggest prospects or star level players, but not when it's used to fund transfers for guys like Cucurella or Disasi or Sterling.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
He’s providing a source from a pretty reliable account.

Where would he play? You have similar profiles already that are young. To get another one with a crazy fee would be nonsense. It gives you gotta catch ‘em all vibes. Spend money on positions you don’t have. Not the Jaoas plz

Yeah, I’m all for him in a fantasy World, but he’d be a luxury signing I think we couldn’t afford.

I’m fine with Felix if it’s a similar to deal to last season. I’d still rather swap out Torres or Fati for him, but if Atleti owe Benfica that much money then it’s probably not feasible. As for Cacnoelo, probably not. He’d have to be a loan again and take a pay cut.

Getting their Varela replacement before he goes…

Replacement or partner? Either way he’ll probably be a bargain.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yeah, I’m all for him in a fantasy World, but he’d be a luxury signing I think we couldn’t afford.

I’m fine with Felix if it’s a similar to deal to last season. I’d still rather swap out Torres or Fati for him, but if Atleti owe Benfica that much money then it’s probably not feasible. As for Cacnoelo, probably not. He’d have to be a loan again and take a pay cut.

Replacement or partner? Either way he’ll probably be a bargain.
Felix died in October. I wouldn’t take him for 2€…

Not sure seems like there smoke with Varela. I’d love for him to stay another year though or Liverpool.
For all the Barca fans, Arsenal is going after you lots 19-year-old CB, Mikayil Faye.

Does he have any potential?
Wenger back in town?

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Felix died in October. I wouldn’t take him for 2€…

Not sure seems like there smoke with Varela. I’d love for him to stay another year though or Liverpool.

So you stopped watching in October? Well I can help you there. He had 7 goals and an assist post October in inconsistent and limited minutes. Here’s are things with Felix:

-He’s a bit of a square peg for a round hole.
-He’s not really a winger and we don’t play with a traditional “10”. That said, he can still function out wide.
-He was one of our best creators last season and there were multiple matches where he came off the bench and helped change the direction of the match.
-He looks a bit lackadaisical, but that’s more style than performance.
-From what I can find, he’s been paid as high as 15 million a season by Atleti, but wanted to play with us such that a took a salary of… 400k for the season.
-Just looking at the league, he had 30 appearances. That said it was only 18 starts and his overall minutes were less than 18 total matches worth. His minutes were a lot off the bench and he didn’t get a lot of full matches even when he started. Still he delivered 7 goals and 3 assists. Extrapolate that and you’re looking at 14 goals and 6 assists so long as he’s not injured and he’s playing a full season. The 7 goals and 3 assists alone was a fantastic return.

So if I’m looking at the coming season and I’m looking at our wide players I’m thinking Yamal, Raphinha if he’s not going to be sold (long story) and… that’s it. I want Nico Williams more than any other signing. So that’s three. My fourth? Felix. Yamal and Raphinha on the right and Nico and Felix on the left. Get rid of Torres, Fati and whoever else I might be forgetting.

If you can get a player like Joao Felix on a free loan and vastly reduced wages, especially when your club has the financial struggles we do, you take him.

As for Varela, I haven’t followed the rumors. IMO it makes sense for Porto either way.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
For all the Barca fans, Arsenal is going after you lots 19-year-old CB, Mikayil Faye.

Does he have any potential?

Yeah, he does. How much, I don’t know, but he’s played well for Barca Athletic and I’m a bit surprised he didn’t get a match with Xavi. Rumors that plenty of clubs are interested, but not sure we’ll actually sell.

Reactions: S E P H

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
So you stopped watching in October? Well I can help you there. He had 7 goals and an assist post October in inconsistent and limited minutes. Here’s are things with Felix:

-He’s a bit of a square peg for a round hole.
-He’s not really a winger and we don’t play with a traditional “10”. That said, he can still function out wide.
-He was one of our best creators last season and there were multiple matches where he came off the bench and helped change the direction of the match.
-He looks a bit lackadaisical, but that’s more style than performance.
-From what I can find, he’s been paid as high as 15 million a season by Atleti, but wanted to play with us such that a took a salary of… 400k for the season.
-Just looking at the league, he had 30 appearances. That said it was only 18 starts and his overall minutes were less than 18 total matches worth. His minutes were a lot off the bench and he didn’t get a lot of full matches even when he started. Still he delivered 7 goals and 3 assists. Extrapolate that and you’re looking at 14 goals and 6 assists so long as he’s not injured and he’s playing a full season. The 7 goals and 3 assists alone was a fantastic return.

So if I’m looking at the coming season and I’m looking at our wide players I’m thinking Yamal, Raphinha if he’s not going to be sold (long story) and… that’s it. I want Nico Williams more than any other signing. So that’s three. My fourth? Felix. Yamal and Raphinha on the right and Nico and Felix on the left. Get rid of Torres, Fati and whoever else I might be forgetting.

If you can get a player like Joao Felix on a free loan and vastly reduced wages, especially when your club has the financial struggles we do, you take him.

As for Varela, I haven’t followed the rumors. IMO it makes sense for Porto either way.
Oh I watched. Regardless of the stats he wasn’t good and definitely wasn’t worth the trouble bringing him. If he is on reduced wages and another loan? I’d consider it but I’d rather be rid of him all together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad