Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Closed Window Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Oh man, that is beyond hilarious seeing all the United fans here thinking they can outcompete Real Madrid. You lot are not a big club anymore lol. Players have constantly joined the likes of Barca and Real to be predominately Kalvin Phillips benchwarmer cheerleaders.

agreed. Pounce now that there's a chance
Why sell the only Polish player? We are the life of any party brethren.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Oh man, that is beyond hilarious seeing all the United fans here thinking they can outcompete Real Madrid. You lot are not a big club anymore lol. Players have constantly joined the likes of Barca and Real to be predominately Kalvin Phillips benchwarmer cheerleaders.

Why sell the only Polish player? We are the life of any party brethren.
You’re very dumb if you think I’m serious.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

LFC have had some good luck with League One loans recently with Chambers (who was also at Wigan) and Bradley. Ramsay needs a good loan BAD. Has not been able to get on track at all because of his injuries. If this doesn’t work out, you can probably stick a fork in his PL chances

This post is for @Ceremony

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
There was only one United fan who seemed to seriously suggest United might have a leg up and that was due to playing time. The rest were clearly joking.
Potential playing time and yes, I know very well the lure of Real Madrid, especially now. So it would not surprise me if he went to Madrid.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
lol if he ends up with The Arsenal

But Spurs make more sense, they could use a 9
I was thinking Arsenal. Pep loves arteta. Can’t see them selling in the epl otherwise
He'd probably be a great fit for us. Could share striker minutes with Havertz and also play wide when needed to give Saka a breather.

Not sure how much he'd cost though. I'm more interested in spending big on a midfielder, but if we can swing both... :dunno:

Reactions: Power Man

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
He'd probably be a great fit for us. Could share striker minutes with Havertz and also play wide when needed to give Saka a breather.

Not sure how much he'd cost though. I'm more interested in spending big on a midfielder, but if we can swing both... :dunno:
Don’t see him sharing anything with Kai. But yeah he can play across the forward line and behind the striker.

From an outsiders pov it seems you need a 9 not another midfielder.

Reactions: Power Man

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Don’t see him sharing anything with Kai. But yeah he can play across the forward line and behind the striker.

We scored 91 goals in the league last season, so scoring wasn't really an issue. Sure, if we could massively upgrade on Havertz by bringing in someone that could score 30+ goals in all competitions then that would be great, but I don't think Alvarez is that level. He's very good and would fit well with us though. He might even allow us to play a kind of fluid system alongside Havertz where they interchange between the 9 and an 8/10 hybrid.

I think the bigger issue to address was that we struggled at times because we were so one-sided in attack. The right side has Saka, Odegaard, and White ballin out, whereas the left side looked so much less fluid without Xhaka at the 8. So I'd rather spend the money to bring in someone there, but if we can afford both, then so be it.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
LOL if Chelsea "steals" Sesko as they've done the last five years from us and we buy Alvarez. Chelsea would look like Clown FC once again.

lol if he ends up with The Arsenal

But Spurs make more sense, they could use a 9
Arsenal specifically lost the title this year because our "main" #9 only had 8 goals on the season. Arsenal desperately need a striker, Spurs have Son as their #9.

We're going to sell Partey and buy either Bruno G. or Zubimendi. Those are the Ornstein rumours.

Last edited:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I mean, in a vacuum, I do not disagree. A footballer being paid that much money talking about how difficult choosing between two huge bags of cash will make people roll their eyes. That being said, from his point of view, I understand how he felt. You have the president of your country pleading you to stay, you have your own club's owner putting pressure on you because their country will host the World Cup and, well, on the other side, you have the club you dreamed of playing on as a kid. Mbappé was only 24 at that point. It was not an easy decision to make and there was a lot of pressure on him... but, you are right, no one will relate to that and I do not expect them to. I just understand where he is coming from.

Should he have played the PR game better then... and honestly now? Most defintely.

He might be a diva, but I would say that PSG fed into that. Will it be better at Madrid? I guess we'll see. As long as he scores goals and brings trophy, I'll gladly ignore the noise.

Oh please. I’m sure the pressure he was under was probably huge. Still, Mbappe largely controlled his own destiny for years. So you want to play for Madrid, but you sign a fat new contract with PSG to stay there? OK. Well son, you made your bed. It’s called life and sometimes life is hard.

agreed. Pounce now that there's a chance

Sorry lads, but we’re stuck with Lewandowski I’m afraid.

Reactions: Evilo

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
City won't sell to Arsenal. Already mentioned in reports after they sold Jesus and Zinchenko to them.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
- Many teams including Arsenal trying to make moves before the Euros start as it might increase players' values.

- Arsenal released El Neny and Cedric among 20 other players including Okonkwo, John-Jules (sad), and Cozier-Duberry (sounds like Arsenal might try to re-sign him).

- Fulham going after Nketiah for around 30 million pounds.

- Zinchenko being linked to a move to Bayern.

- Arsenal going after Youssouf Fofana based on reports via L'Equipe.

- Osimhen is reported to be linked to Arsenal since PSG doesn't want to pay his release clause of 110 million pounds.

- AC Milan and Juve going after Zirkzee besides just Arsenal, Arsenal wanted to sign him in January.

- Get these Rashford to Arsenal rumours out of my news feed. I am having flashbacks of Havertz 2.0.

- Who is this Tsygankov fellow? Arsenal is rumoured to get him as an alternative for Saka and Arteta is supposedly in love with him (not sexually).

- Arsenal randomly linked to Olise which I would love, but it seems too many teams are after him and that will drive his price up. CP want 60 million for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad