Low Effort GDT 2024 Stanley Cup - Final

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Great series & a hell of a run for the Oilers, nice to see the Tkachuk family celebrating Mathew's win.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Brad Treliving’s mismanagement is all over this Florida team. Traded Bennett for scraps and lost Tkachuk all because he was insistent on bridging him so he can sign Michael Frolik.

Reactions: bicboi64

Race Dawg

LEAFS SUCK!!
Mar 10, 2023
Sunny Muskoka
Its hard in that range there is so much choice and there are several that are alike
This looks nice in that range as well.

I have had a lot of luck with Toyota
I drive a modified stage 2 Golf R and she's a blast. AWD and great handling car with endless top end speed. NOT great on gas however but its not my daily...

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Got banned from the main Stanley Cup Final thread. Sensitive individuals...🤣😂

I don't know what you said, and while it's fun to mess with people like Leafs fans after their yearly first round exits, they expect it and a first round loss is hardly traumatizing as a fan.

I think it has to be considered that losing a game 7 cup final genuinely sucks and messes with the emotions of fans. It's really silly because it's sports, but that doesn't make it feel any less crappy.

Most people here probably still can't watch the Kunitz goal.

I wouldn't say it's about people being sensitive, but it's crappy to kick people when they are genuinely down...except Leafs fans in the first round because let's be real they should expect it by now.

Race Dawg

LEAFS SUCK!!
Mar 10, 2023
Sunny Muskoka
I don't know what you said, and while it's fun to mess with people like Leafs fans after their yearly first round exits, they expect it and a first round loss is hardly traumatizing as a fan.

I think it has to be considered that losing a game 7 cup final genuinely sucks and messes with the emotions of fans. It's really silly because it's sports, but that doesn't make it feel any less crappy.

Most people here probably still can't watch the Kunitz goal.

I wouldn't say it's about people being sensitive, but it's crappy to kick people when they are genuinely down...except Leafs fans in the first round because let's be real they should expect it by now.
I made reference to Florida being f*** **** (censored for sensitive eyes) and having a m***** type owner but congratulated them on the win lol.

I wanted the Oilers to truly win. I'm sure it's devastating to come so close after a comeback that failed by a few hairs. Edmonton looked spent in the 3rd as the tank was drained....

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F
Well it is my fault Edmonton lost, I watched the game. Every time I watch a team I want to win -they lose, watched the first three games of the series, Florida went up 3-0, didn't watch the next three and Edmonton forces a game 7. Now we gotta wait another 4 or 5 years for another Canadian team to make a deep run. Ever since the 2000's pretty much every Canadian team that has done a deep run has fallen off the cliff the next year. Hopefully it doesn't happen to Edmonton.

Reactions: Race Dawg

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
I made reference to Florida being f*** **** (censored for sensitive eyes) and having a m***** type owner but congratulated them on the win lol.

I wanted the Oilers to truly win. I'm sure it's devastating to come so close after a comeback that failed by a few hairs. Edmonton looked spent in the 3rd as the tank was drained....
Florida being fine guys? having a mellow type owner? I don't see how that is bannable :sarcasm:

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Well it is my fault Edmonton lost, I watched the game. Every time I watch a team I want to win -they lose, watched the first three games of the series, Florida went up 3-0, didn't watch the next three and Edmonton forces a game 7. Now we gotta wait another 4 or 5 years for another Canadian team to make a deep run. Ever since the 2000's pretty much every Canadian team that has done a deep run has fallen off the cliff the next year. Hopefully it doesn't happen to Edmonton.

Knoblauch's improvements to the way Edmonton defends should keep Edmonton in the hunt again next year, imo.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Watching the Panthers raising the cup we notice how old a number of them are & how long it took them to win a cup & how important great goaltending is to win a cup. While we constantly complain about our team not making the playoffs we don't realize how hard it is to get to the SC finals & win it & how much players sacrifice to get there. It's much much harder than we know to make the playoffs & advance as every round gets harder, tougher & more draining. The most difficult championship to win in sports, without question. And finding the players who are willing to make those sacrifices to win a cup takes time & won't be easy either.

Last edited:
Reactions: swiftwin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad