Patriots/NFL 2024 Regular Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Keeping 7 wrs?

We look like total morons keeping that many awful WRs but I guess if all 7 suck equally might as well?

With Brissett at QB, this is the worst squad in the league
Yes. I think the other bad teams have more going for them overall. Wonder if we can make any more trades like Judon.

The D should be average maybe even good but it won't matter.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
The good thing is I don't have to play your game to appease you. You can run along now and claim a very important internet message board victory for yourself. All offended because Joe Milton isn't good at football. Sad!

You're right, you don't have to play. Lets be honest though, you don't WANT to play because you know you've painted yourself into a corner. Your 3 options based on the question were basically

1. Admit that Completion% isn't the end all be all for how good a QB is/was.
The problem - you going this route blows up your entire "argument" that Milton wasn't as good because he had a worse completion%

2. You hold your ground on your completion% argument.
The problem - you doing so now by default admits Zappe was as good as Drake Maye this pre-season (and you know that's not the case) and that Mac Jones is better than both Zappe & Maye (and we know how much you hate Jones)

3. Do exactly what you did in your post. Try and take some moral high ground so you don't have to admit that your take is biased because of your feelings

I'm not even offended about Milton lol. He's a 3rd string project QB, that at best likely turns into a journeymen back-up. You brought all this on yourself if we're being honest. You were offended that I said Milton was as good as Zappe this pre-season. You then proceeded to make a terrible argument about why he wasn't. When your own logic on why Milton wasn't as good was used against you, you've decided to try and walk away because you knew your argument was flawed.

:cheers:

Reactions: Carl Hungus

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Who would have thought that a player like Zappe would completely derail this thread?
To be fair, it was a proclamation about 11/30 (yes I do think a 36.6 completion % is horrendous/offensive--the horror) Joe Milton that has derailed it. To put it another way, the "emergence" of Milton (there was none) is not what made Zappe expendable. Milton could have gone 0/41 and Wolf still would have kept him over Zappe because they just drafted him and he has more physical tools.

We look like total morons keeping that many awful WRs but I guess if all 7 suck equally might as well?
Now wait until Bourne comes back...maybe we can keep 8!

Last edited:

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
To be fair, it was a proclamation about 11/30 (yes I do think a 36.6 completion % is horrendous/offensive--the horror) Joe Milton that has derailed it. To put it another way, the "emergence" of Milton (there was none) is not what made Zappe expendable. Milton could have gone 0/41 and Wolf still would have kept him over Zappe because they just drafted him and he has more physical tools.

Now wait until Bourne comes back...maybe we can keep 8!
Bourne is our MVP and it sucks he's heard because we likely can fleece a team for a mid round pick like Judon for him.

Hope he comes back soon. His extension was almost as dumb as JJSS considering the injuries.

I'd rather leave the D alone and do nothing Judon had to go. All the Parcells D guys got stale under Carroll but luckily were still around for Bill. I'm not writing off 2025 and in fact its the only upside I see to Mayo as HC is that we can suck terribly this year but not need and entire defensive rebuild.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Zap gets the chefs and Mac the Jaguars looks like he beat Mac h2h again. Perfect spot for him Mahomes is good at not getting hurt and playing hurt but you never know.

Reactions: Johnnyduke

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Zap gets the chefs and Mac the Jaguars looks like he beat Mac h2h again. Perfect spot for him Mahomes is good at not getting hurt and playing hurt but you never know.

Did he really beat him again? Is either guy really a "winner" in this case? Jones is a back-up to Trevor Lawrence and Zappe is back-up to Carson Wentz

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad