Patriots/NFL 2024 Regular Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Um no you can't cite these stats and say he was as good as Zappe. 11/30? Give me a break.

Thank you Bill

Sure I can. While Milton completed less passes, he threw for more yards & a TD. He also picked up 54yrd rushing to Bailey's 6yrd rushing. He's a rookie QB who was selected in the 6th round. Zappe was a 4th round pick who was a starter for the team last year. They both played against the other teams back-ups. If Zappe was truly that much better, he should have had significantly better numbers than Milton......but he didn't.

I get it, you didn't like Jones, you don't like Milton and you seem to be a fan of Zappe.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Sure I can. While Milton completed less passes, he threw for more yards & a TD. He also picked up 54yrd rushing to Bailey's 6yrd rushing. He's a rookie QB who was selected in the 6th round. Zappe was a 4th round pick who was a starter for the team last year. They both played against the other teams back-ups. If Zappe was truly that much better, he should have had significantly better numbers than Milton......but he didn't.

I get it, you didn't like Jones, you don't like Milton and you seem to be a fan of Zappe.
Nah, saying 11/30 is good is the focus here. That has nothing to do with anyone else. 11/30 is absolutely miserable. I am not a "fan" of Bailey Zappe. But I also won't prop up entirely mediocre Joe Milton just because he's the new shiny toy. He's not good.

Reactions: PeanutButter37

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Nah, saying 11/30 is good is the focus here. That has nothing to do with anyone else. 11/30 is absolutely miserable. I am not a "fan" of Bailey Zappe. But I also won't prop up entirely mediocre Joe Milton just because he's the new shiny toy. He's not good.
Joe Milton got the nod because he's a physical specimen with an arm that few have. The upside is definitely there, but he's got a loooooong way to go before he'll remotely resemble a serviceable NFL QB. For now, he's worth keeping solely for his physical gifts. If I had to choose between him and Zappe to start an NFL game today, its Zappe, no question. But Zappe's already at his ceiling. Milton? Who knows?

He reminds me of JaMarcus Russell. Hopefully he has a better career.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Saying someone is as good as Zappe is different then saying 11/30 is good.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

LOL no real argument so you just want to focus on a singular metric. For someone who "isn't a fan of Zappe" you sure do try and defend him a lot. You seem quick to trash guys like Jones & Milton by calling them names, but I don't recall you ever trying to degrade Zappe by calling him names. You also were the one that was quick to come to his defense for "absurd hate"

There is no "passion" for Bailey Zappe. None. Does not exist. It's simply pointing out the hate he gets is absurd. That doesn't mean I am heaping praise on him either. I already said that if they were to cut Zappe and keep Joe Milton I will shrug my shoulders with indifference and get on with my life without a 2nd thought.

The bolded is funny too. Zappe has been waived and Milton kept.....and here you are complaining about it because you don't like Milton.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
OK and 11/30 means you are not as good as Zappe. Fact not opinion. Upside is a different argument.

So Zappe's completion% was nearly identical to Maye's....does that mean Zappe is as good as Maye? Mac Jones had a 73.1% completion, does that mean he's better than Zappe & Maye?

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
LOL no real argument so you just want to focus on a singular metric. For someone who "isn't a fan of Zappe" you sure do try and defend him a lot. You seem quick to trash guys like Jones & Milton by calling them names, but I don't recall you ever trying to degrade Zappe by calling him names. You also were the one that was quick to come to his defense for "absurd hate"

The bolded is funny too. Zappe has been waived and Milton kept.....and here you are complaining about it because you don't like Milton.
Buddy I am not complaining they waived Zappe. I care about Drake Maye and only Drake Maye. I am pushing back on your false narrative that Joe Milton has been just as good based on a couple good plays in preseason. I don't like Milton because he isn't good. Just like I don't like any other player that isn't good. I don't know what names I have called Joe Milton other than simply pointing out the obvious. But yay, he has upside. He went 5/17 in a competitive football game the other night--very much in line with what everyone already knows about him. That shouldn't lead to all these pro Milton posts.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Buddy I am not complaining they waived Zappe. I care about Drake Maye and only Drake Maye. I am pushing back on your false narrative that Joe Milton has been just as good based on a couple good plays in preseason. I don't like Milton because he isn't good. Just like I don't like any other player that isn't good. I don't know what names I have called Joe Milton other than simply pointing out the obvious. But yay, he has upside. He went 5/17 in a competitive football game the other night--very much in line with what everyone already knows about him. That shouldn't lead to all these pro Milton posts.

LMAO what "pro Milton post" are you talking about. You mean the ones mentioning he has a strong arm? well he does. you mean the ones that mention he's a physical specimen? well he is. Are they really "pro Milton post" or just simply pointing out the obvious.

You only care about Drake Maye but spent more of your time complaining about Jones & Milton :huh:

Reactions: IveGotToBeMe

IveGotToBeMe

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
RI
*Steps on soapbox*

Some on here will keep this going into the season, “if they only kept Zappe…”. Time to let it go people, he sucked, he still sucks and he will continue to suck. We can get that level of suckage out of the ball boy if they put a uniform on him. It’s not like we’re getting rid of the second coming of ___________________. You can fill in any crappy third string (or apparently fourth) from the inception of the NFL.

*Steps off soapbox hopefully for the last time regarding this specific player*

Reactions: Carl Hungus

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
I noticed that Houston released WR Noah Brown.

It was reported this spring that the Patriots were "intrigued" by Brown before he decided to go back to Houston. Wouldn't be shocked if the Pats claim him off waivers, since they clearly have the cap space.

Reactions: bbfan419 and CDJ

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
LMAO what "pro Milton post" are you talking about. You mean the ones mentioning he has a strong arm? well he does. you mean the ones that mention he's a physical specimen? well he is. Are they really "pro Milton post" or just simply pointing out the obvious.

You only care about Drake Maye but spent more of your time complaining about Jones & Milton :huh:
Well yes in response to people who post about the QBs. Sorry if I have a reply for stuff that isn't true! I care about Drake Maye's development. I don't care about the backup QBs. Zappe is irrevelant. Joe Milton is irrelevant. Mac Jones was irrelevant. Jacoby Brissett is irrelevant. Happy now? Or can I not have an opinion on who a better QB at this point in time is when Joe Milton is thrown in my face?

*Steps on soapbox*

Some on here will keep this going into the season, “if they only kept Zappe…”. Time to let it go people, he sucked, he still sucks and he will continue to suck. We can get that level of suckage out of the ball boy if they put a uniform on him. It’s not like we’re getting rid of the second coming of ___________________. You can fill in any crappy third string (or apparently fourth) from the inception of the NFL.

*Steps off soapbox hopefully for the last time regarding this specific player*
I'm not sure there is a single person who will say "if we only kept Zappe". That is extreme strawman stuff.

IveGotToBeMe

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
RI
Well yes in response to people who post about the QBs. Sorry if I have a reply for stuff that isn't true! I care about Drake Maye's development. I don't care about the backup QBs. Zappe is irrevelant. Joe Milton is irrelevant. Mac Jones was irrelevant. Jacoby Brissett is irrelevant. Happy now? Or can I not have an opinion on who a better QB at this point in time is when Joe Milton is thrown in my face?

I'm not sure there is a single person who will say "if we only kept Zappe". That is extreme strawman stuff.
What? Can I not have an opinion?

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

No one is throwing Milton in your face. Our entire conversation started because I commented on not being surprised that Zappe was being waived and that he really didn't outperform Milton. I didn't mention you in my post, yet you came strolling along and felt the need to reply to my post and zero in on a singular metric of completion% to argue that Milton wasn't as good as Zappe. Just for the sole reason that you can't stand Joe Milton (for some odd reason).

You've attempted to take pot shots all pre-season referencing the "Bazooka Joe Crew." The funny thing is no one has really hyped him up. No one expected anything more than him being the 3QB on this team. People liked his arm strength (compared to the noodle arms we've seen in previous years), size and mobility. And yes people wanted to keep him over Zappe.

You're more than welcome to have an opinion, but don't act like people are "throwing Milton in your face" when in reality you're bringing Joe Milton to your own face by feeling the need to reply to others comments about him.

Again you say all you care about is Drake Maye. If that's truly the case why would you waste your time talking about Milton and Zappe? You said if they waived Zappe and kept Milton you'd shrug it off and continue on with your life......you clearly haven't just shrugged it off and moved on with your life.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad