Patriots/NFL 2024 Regular Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Not for blood clots. This isn't a routine injury.
But is there really an NFL team that wouldn't pay a guy's salary when the guy had blood clot issues? I don't know just seems like an obvious thing to me. But these owners can be cheap when they want to be.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
But is there really an NFL team that wouldn't pay a guy's salary when the guy had blood clot issues? I don't know just seems like an obvious thing to me. But these owners can be cheap when they want to be.
I think the point of the report is to show the asshole owners that are still out there that it’s not hard to do the right thing. I’m also not naïve to suspect this is also Kraft’s way to get a smidge of positive PR.

Bottom line is that his contract is being honored and the team is behind him as he recovers from a scary situation.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I knew he rubbed me the wrong way when I watched his draft video on YouTube and they opened his garage, and he had a huge ass dog in the smallest cage where he couldn't turn around and it was clear he was standing in his own pee. They didn't even care.

Just not a good look all around

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Hey you football lovers - given the overwhelming number of people who will take Cincy in week 1 survivor pools, any chance the pats upset here? I’m considering taking the Saints

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Ideally they finish 4-13 competitive and Brissett plays well and deep into season

Big time draft loaded with QB’s who could get the Patriots a haul if in top 3

They may just want to stick and pick for a T

Give this team healthy Joe Tuhney at LG, vintage Brady and Dante Scarnecchia they win double digits easy

Can’t wait to hear the whining at espn when Rodgers hurt again

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Ideally they finish 4-13 competitive and Brissett plays well and deep into season

Big time draft loaded with QB’s who could get the Patriots a haul if in top 3
I'm not "Ideal" is the correct adjective to describe a 4-13 season. Yeah, they'd get another high draft pick out of it, but they need some sort of positive momentum heading into the off-season to re-establish themselves as a free agency destination.

We'll see about the QBs in this draft. I'm kind of skeptical in regards to a lot of them.

I'll say this... I think there's next to no chance that the Patriots will pick in the Top 5 next April. If they're in that position, I think there's nearly a 100% chance they'll trade the pick.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I'm not "Ideal" is the correct adjective to describe a 4-13 season. Yeah, they'd get another high draft pick out of it, but they need some sort of positive momentum heading into the off-season to re-establish themselves as a free agency destination.

We'll see about the QBs in this draft. I'm kind of skeptical in regards to a lot of them.

I'll say this... I think there's next to no chance that the Patriots will pick in the Top 5 next April. If they're in that position, I think there's nearly a 100% chance they'll trade the pick.
Ideal is not having the Drake in there early and ruined like so many Jets QB

Not seeing Maye get physically and mentally beaten down is my priority

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I'd say the odds of having a top 5 pick are better then 50/50. If its 1 or 2 I think it does get traded. If its 3 or later they may take the top LT or WR depending on the trade offers. The more elite qbs the more likely a team is willing to overpay for the pick.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Yuck

It is unacceptable that we have so much cap space and did not address the O'line issue back when free agency started.
At the very least, we should have signed 2 viable starters on the O'line that were an upgrade over last year.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
My picks

AFC East ~ Jets
AFC North - Ravens
AFC West - Chiefs
AFC South - Texans

WC
Bills
Jags
Bengals

NFC East ~ Eagles
NFC North ~ GB
NFC West ~ SF
NFC South ~ Atlanta

WC
Cowboys
Lions
Rams

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Hey you football lovers - given the overwhelming number of people who will take Cincy in week 1 survivor pools, any chance the pats upset here? I’m considering taking the Saints
Cincy is a lock pick.

If you wanna live a little more dangerously in Week 1, I like the Saints and the Bears as well....

Reactions: NeelyDan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad