Red Sox/MLB 2024 Regular Season 3 - After 90 games the Sox are 50-40

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think we’ll probably draft Tibbs, who sounds like he has a decent bat. I’m intrigued by Brody Brecht, who is ranked closer to the bottom of the first round. It sounds like he has great stuff but bad control, we seem to have the right guy on board to fix that, but I doubt we reach at 12 anyway.
Legit ace upside with Brecht, he has 1.01 stuff and frame. Has thrown strikes in spurts too (and also has not in more spurts lol)

Reactions: SPV

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Legit ace upside with Brecht, he has 1.01 stuff and frame. Has thrown strikes in spurts too (and also has not in more spurts lol)

I’d usually be a BPA, but with the cupboards as full as they are I might take a chance on a high ceiling guy like that even if it’s a bit of a reach.

Reactions: CDJ

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005
Probably could cut a deal with him, the more I think of it the more I love this approach

The Sox have a history regardless of who is the head of baseball ops for reaching, signing the draftee to an underslot deal and picking a high school kid and signing him over slot. Yorke and Blaze come to mind, although both were under Bloom, IIRC.

Reactions: SPV and CDJ

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
There’s been nothing been said about his character, as a matter of fact I think ppl in the Atlanta front office came out and specifically said he’s a great kid. They just had nowhere for him to play because he’s not a SS.
It’s a typical hack Boston headline that means nothing meant to generate clicks (and honestly it’s not even doing a good job, it’s barely being talked about on Sox forums because it’s a nothing story).
Yeah well in fairness you thought the same thing about Casas anytime he opened his mouth when he was struggling so forgive me if idrc

Sorry he didn’t give you guys a cookie cutter response and he was just being real. I don’t find it “dismissive” at all, it’s just the fact of the matter. If he comes up and they don’t like the way he plays he’ll be replaced. Make a mountain out of it if you guys want, I think it’s dumb

No one asked you to.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The Sox have a history regardless of who is the head of baseball ops for reaching, signing the draftee to an underslot deal and picking a high school kid and signing him over slot. Yorke and Blaze come to mind, although both were under Bloom, IIRC.
Romero and Anthony is another example iirc

I think the scouting director remains the same, I don’t think approach will change a ton

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Watching Sox pregame and camera showing John Henry & Cora talking - Henry looks very upbeat to me

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
They are all still in here - some different titles but I read Speier outstanding minor league writings and listen to Bradford

Little known to all the shitty talking heads is Breslow is heavily involved in pitching development now

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
There’s been nothing been said about his character, as a matter of fact I think ppl in the Atlanta front office came out and specifically said he’s a great kid. They just had nowhere for him to play because he’s not a SS.

It’s a typical hack Boston headline that means nothing meant to generate clicks (and honestly it’s not even doing a good job, it’s barely being talked about on Sox forums because it’s a nothing story).

I have friends who are Braves fans who said the same stuff that was said online when he got traded. Kid has talent but has a lot of growing up to do. They were elated to get Sale.

No big deal. I hope Grissom gets healthy so we can see what he can actually do. That's all.

Reactions: SPV

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I have friends who are Braves fans who said the same stuff that was said online when he got traded. Kid has talent but has a lot of growing up to do. They were elated to get Sale.

No big deal. I hope Grissom gets healthy so we can see what he can actually do. That's all.
Sale is having the Clemens in Toronto comeback season after stinking up Boston for the last five years. Who knew.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
MASATAKA YOSHIDA WITH THE TWO RUN BLAST!

1720745494518.jpeg

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
We can gain huge ground this weekend vs the Royals. I'm excited. It's fun when the Sox have a chance again.
Whether they do or don’t I’m grateful they are trending to a good to hopefully great entertaining team for years - high 80’s to triple digit wins years in and years out

No more yo yo-ing

Eovoldi healthy exactly what they need - hopefully no burned bridges, healthy, wants to come back, can work it out

Leader and respected - a winner and would be immediately give them positive vibes

Huge weekend with Sox prospects prominently featured in Future Gane & activities

Draft is deep and they are at 12

I went Wednesday and the bars were cooking the park was vibrant

Make good team the floor and great the objective

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad