OT: Let's Remember Some Guys

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
IMHO, Torts was too quick to reject the depth guys he inherited, Freddy and Betts and Korpi
Korpi asked out that summer as an RFA. Betts I think for whatever reason was viewed as damaged goods after Brashear knocked him out. He played two more years for the Flyers and now works in manufacturing. Solid career for a solid player.

Torts seemed to love Sjostrom his first year and then they just let him go to Calgary. It was very strange. He only played three more years and his limited offense was even more limited.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

The teammates he had that kept opponents from getting a good night's sleep though were Bob Probert and Joey Kocur. Gallant was feisty and tough but kind of a run of the mill physical force for his era. Playing a lot with Yzerman certainly helped his production numbers. Probert and Kocur beat people up and sometimes severely.....and both of them were feared around the league.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
ayo tell me this coach isn't just Girardi and Cally melded into one person 🤣...maybe it's just me

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Robbie Ftorek’s alien head in his joffa helmet

I don't think it was a Jofa, I think he rocked a Northland, same one Stan Mikita used. It was so Fugly it was almost beautiful.

Remember when Mess got involved in the bucket biz....lol.

legends-classic-game.jpg

Last edited:

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I always wondered why the Rangers were never really patient with some of their younger players during the dark era with some potential like Marc Savard, Daniel Goneau, Ferraro brothers, Vladimir Vorobiev, Dube, Ryan VandenBussche, Eric Cairns.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00