Red Sox/MLB 2024 Regular Season 3 - After 90 games the Sox are 50-40

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Would it kill Cora to use a sacrifice bunt once in a while ???? The Sox had the leadoff hitter on 2nd with no outs in the 1st, 4th and 7th innings and they never once made it to 3rd base. :thumbd:

Players don't know how to bunt anymore. But they should be able to move the runner along by putting the ball in play to the right side. And of course they can't do that either. Bad baseball.

Rafael (stealing) and O'Neill (slow back to the bag on flyout) made outs on the bases. More bad baseball.

Sox with 9 strikeouts, zero walks. More Bad Baseball.

Kelly can't seem to throw that 2nd inning effectively in relief. Walks the 8 hitter. Actually walked the 9 hitter too but the umpire made a bad call on the 3-2 pitch.

Didn't like walking Smith to load the bases for Freeman. Screw the lefty righty thing. Freeman is one of the very best hitters in the game.

Who's the official scorer out there? Sox got a double on a dropped fly ball and a single when the SS throw pulled the first baseman off the bag.

Wasted a great game from Pivetta. As well as more Duran heroics.

Reactions: 08SeaBass08 and DKH

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Players don't know how to bunt anymore. But they should be able to move the runner along by putting the ball in play to the right side. And of course they can't do that either. Bad baseball.

Rafael (stealing) and O'Neill (slow back to the bag on flyout) made outs on the bases. More bad baseball.

Sox with 9 strikeouts, zero walks. More Bad Baseball.

Kelly can't seem to throw that 2nd inning effectively in relief. Walks the 8 hitter. Actually walked the 9 hitter too but the umpire made a bad call on the 3-2 pitch.

Didn't like walking Smith to load the bases for Freeman. Screw the lefty righty thing. Freeman is one of the very best hitters in the game.

Who's the official scorer out there? Sox got a double on a dropped fly ball and a single when the SS throw pulled the first baseman off the bag.

Wasted a great game from Pivetta. As well as more Duran heroics.

It's more like American players are told not to learn how to bunt because of analytics, despite the fact that bunting has its place in the game. It's so annoying.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Mayer raking

Campbell may be better than the big 3

The Portland lineup 1-4

Anthony
Mayer
Teel
Campbell

All at some point now or soon will find themselves in top 25 overall prospects list

If 2 even hit well it’s a success

3 or 4 it’s a bonanza

The draft strategy was excellent

Heavy on big bodied arms with majority in college high pressure programs

Gresh & Fauria ~ there is the plan you bumpkins did a show on does ‘Breslow have a plan?’

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Sea Dogs win 6-2; continue homestand vs. Fightins Starter Jacob Webb;

Worcester wins 14-3; Alexander tonight @ LHV;

Sox national on FOX tonight @ LAD; Bello starts

Last edited:

24giovanni

Aug 2, 2005
Serious question, Does anyone know if Casas plans on playing again this year? He has been out a long time!!

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I don’t want Casas even thinking about taking full cuts until he’s 110%. I’m starting to like Dommer vibe anyway

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Trevor Story said he's been having conversations about playing too.

I don't find that realistic.
I don’t either but it’d be sick to have his glove back. He could hit .170 as long as that glove is as good as it was before the injury. That was legit the best SS defense I’ve ever seen from a Sox defender (and we’ve had a couple guys who could pick it in my lifetime like Gonzalez and Iglesias)

Reactions: Mione134

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I don’t either but it’d be sick to have his glove back. He could hit .170 as long as that glove is as good as it was before the injury
I'm with you. And if it happens I'd be thrilled. I just don't want him rushing back and getting hurt again. But damn that glove is missed.

I have no doubts Casas will be back. Just got to wait and see. His injury is something you have to be cautious with

Reactions: CDJ

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I don’t either but it’d be sick to have his glove back. He could hit .170 as long as that glove is as good as it was before the injury. That was legit the best SS defense I’ve ever seen from a Sox defender (and we’ve had a couple guys who could pick it in my lifetime like Gonzalez and Iglesias)

Don't forget Orlando Cabrera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad