Red Sox/MLB 2024 Regular Season 3 - After 90 games the Sox are 50-40

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Not a Red Sox fan, but am very impressed with what they've done over the first half of the season, especially given the injuries they've had. They rode into the AS Break with some impressive series wins over some really good teams and I think they're a legit Wild Card contender. To solidify their chances to make the post season, or advance in the post season, I think they need a legit top of the rotation guy and some help at middle infield. They've got some decent prospects to use as trade capital if they want to.

If you're Craig Breslow do you:

A. Take the Aggressive Approach: Make a bold move at the deadline to address those needs. (Worked for the Texas Rangers last year)
B. Take a Moderate Approach: Try to add depth, without using too much trade capital if there's value to be had. (Worked for the Arizona Diamondbacks last year)
C. Do Nothing: and hope your current roster can carry you and wait for the off-season to make a move.
D. Sell: if there's an offer out there that makes sense.

Not looking for what you THINK the Sox will do. Looking for what YOU would do if you were in that position.
Go big or do nothing.
When your team is in the race and has a wildcard spot at the AS break, you improve the team ( you owe this to the players).
We need more pitching. I am worried at the innings pitched with Crawford and Houck.
Would love to have a solid #2 or 3 guy. LH preferably.
We have a surplus at 2B we can trade...Yorke is having a great year in AAA, Grissom is still hurt and we won't know what we have with him until he can play at least 80 games ( imagine what our team would look like with Sale now??) Kristian Campbell is tearing it up at AA and can play 2B.
We still have Trevor Story as well and is best suited at 2B.
Once Casas returns, we will need add right handed power hitter to complement him at 1B and DH sometimes.
Address these two holes and I like our chances to keep the wildcard spot and do some damage in the playoffs.

Reactions: sarge88

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Not a Red Sox fan, but am very impressed with what they've done over the first half of the season, especially given the injuries they've had. They rode into the AS Break with some impressive series wins over some really good teams and I think they're a legit Wild Card contender. To solidify their chances to make the post season, or advance in the post season, I think they need a legit top of the rotation guy and some help at middle infield. They've got some decent prospects to use as trade capital if they want to.

If you're Craig Breslow do you:

A. Take the Aggressive Approach: Make a bold move at the deadline to address those needs. (Worked for the Texas Rangers last year)
B. Take a Moderate Approach: Try to add depth, without using too much trade capital if there's value to be had. (Worked for the Arizona Diamondbacks last year)
C. Do Nothing: and hope your current roster can carry you and wait for the off-season to make a move.
D. Sell: if there's an offer out there that makes sense.

Not looking for what you THINK the Sox will do. Looking for what YOU would do if you were in that position.

Aggressive. Full stop. It's go big or go home time. They have a chance to win now, so they should strike while the iron's hot. Breslow shouldn't listen to Sam Kennedy and the nerds. Package prospects to get real pieces to win now. They have the prospects and the door's wide open, so go get some horses to add to this team. They should take calls on any prospect they got, even Mayer if the price is right, to get real pitching on the front end of the rotation so that the Sox aren't outgunned in October. They need to go back to being the Boston Red Sox and stop pretending to be the Tampa Bay Rays and Oakland Athletics.

Get both Eovaldi and Flaherty. They need rotation depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad