OT - NO POLITICS 2024 Paris Olympics

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

I have ridden the 57 bus past this statue many times.

1723308397517.png

Reactions: BMC

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Absolutely bull shit. Poor Jordan Chiles. I'd refuse to give the medal back and tell the Romanians, including Nadia Comaneci to pound sand. They used Nadia and old school bullshit to pressure CAS into changing the results. CAS has NEVER done this before. It is unprecedented.

That poor girl has had to deal with so much racist bullshit from Romanian "fans" for over a week. They've called her a cheater, accused her of paying off the judges and worse. What a dark stain on Women's Gymnastics.

bruinsfan1968

Make America United Again! Save our Democracy!
May 6, 2019
Absolutely bull shit. Poor Jordan Chiles. I'd refuse to give the medal back and tell the Romanians, including Nadia Comaneci to pound sand. They used Nadia and old school bullshit to pressure CAS into changing the results. CAS has NEVER done this before. It is unprecedented.

That poor girl has had to deal with so much racist bullshit from Romanian "fans" for over a week. They've called her a cheater, accused her of paying off the judges and worse. What a dark stain on Women's Gymnastics.

Sounds like Romania paid off the officials!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Sounds like Romania paid off the officials!
This is the Nadia influence. Everyone fawns all over her and does what she wants. I am absolutely livid right now. This is on the god damn judges. Glad USA Gymnastics is supporting Jordan. Because of all the hate she's getting, she's had to suspend social media and that's how a lot of her endorsement money comes in. Not only did they screw with her mental health but they've screwed with her financially.

bruinsfan1968

Make America United Again! Save our Democracy!
May 6, 2019
This is the Nadia influence. Everyone fawns all over her and does what she wants. I am absolutely livid right now. This is on the god damn judges. Glad USA Gymnastics is supporting Jordan. Because of all the hate she's getting, she's had to suspend social media and that's how a lot of her endorsement money comes in. Not only did they screw with her mental health but they've screwed with her financially.
Yeah, this unfortunately exposes the toxic nature of social media, that's why I call it anti-social media.
The Romanians used baseless, classless lies to get what they wanted, yet they were the ones, who were the liars and cheaters!.

Reactions: BMC and Alicat

Mick Riddleton

Boomer : This, gentlemen, is no time to think.
Apr 24, 2017
Marco Arop of Edmonton claims the silver medal in the men's 800-metre final at Paris today with a time of 1:41.20. He was dead last at the bell lap in 8th position. He made his push and a photo finish revealed he was 2nd. So close, but what an amazing race by the tall runner. Wanyonyi the Kenyan held on for gold, beating Arop by one-hundredth of a second in 1:41.19.

1723315166449.png

Last edited:

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I can’t make sense of the women’s gymnastics thing. So Chiles was scored incorrectly, placing fifth. Coach appealed and that brought her to third. Then Romania said no no the appeal was late, and now Chiles is fifth again.

Do i have this right?

If the appeal was in fact late, isn’t that just kind of a “the rules are the rules” type thing? Sure the judges got it wrong originally, but if the appeal was late then the appeal was late.

I’m missing something for sure

Reactions: BMC

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I can’t make sense of the women’s gymnastics thing. So Chiles was scored incorrectly, placing fifth. Coach appealed and that brought her to third. Then Romania said no no the appeal was late, and now Chiles is fifth again.

Do i have this right?

If the appeal was in fact late, isn’t that just kind of a “the rules are the rules” type thing? Sure the judges got it wrong originally, but if the appeal was late then the appeal was late.

I’m missing something for sure
You have it right. Romania used Nadia Comenici to pitch a fit over a completely different gymnast getting hit with an out of bounds deduction to file an appeal and then it came out today that they weren’t challenging that but that the inquiry Jordan’s coach submitted was 4 seconds late and shouldn’t have been accepted so they stripped her of her medal. Mind you it took them 2.5 years to strip the Russian figure skater of her gold medal because she was doping!

Romania and the US agreed to co- Bronze medalists and the gymnastics federation and international Olympic committee said no and asked Jordan to return the medal.

I have way more thoughts on this but I don’t want to get banned here

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
You have it right. Romania used Nadia Comenici to pitch a fit over a completely different gymnast getting hit with an out of bounds deduction to file an appeal and then it came out today that they weren’t challenging that but that the inquiry Jordan’s coach submitted was 4 seconds late and shouldn’t have been accepted so they stripped her of her medal. Mind you it took them 2.5 years to strip the Russian figure skater of her gold medal because she was doping!

Romania and the US agreed to co- Bronze medalists and the gymnastics federation and international Olympic committee said no and asked Jordan to return the medal.

I have way more thoughts on this but I don’t want to get banned here
So the appeal was late

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad