OT - NO POLITICS 2024 Paris Olympics

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Argentinian steak in Paris 😊

1723234411453.png

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Enjoyed watching Canada win Gold in 4× 100 relay.
They ran an exceptional race. USA got what it deserved. They only needed to replace Lyles and instead switched the entire lineup around. Just hoping they finally listen to Carl Lewis and actually train for the event rather than just tossing it together. They cannot have this happen on home soil 4 years from now.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
I know people tend to laugh at this sport, but I'm always amazed how they can throw and catch so well. And tossing it with your foot as you're doing a flip? I'd wipe out a dozen people in the audience plus break my own neck trying to do that lol
I think they are awesome ....always amazed

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Okay, might be officially old because I think the break dancing competition is brutally stupid for the Olympics.
I’m with you Mike. The fact that break dancing is an Olympic sport and ballroom dancing is not, is an outrage.

And while we’re at it, let’s talk about Dressage for a minute……It’s basically horse dancing for wealthy white people.

Last edited:

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Don’t get me wrong. I love steeplechase (used to go to the Virginia Gold Cup when I lived there) and can tolerate the show jumping stuff. But Dressage is beyond stupid…

My wife will kill me if she ever reads this post, btw. If I ever suddenly stop posting, you’ll know why….

Carillo was making her debut as a full-time Olympic host in 2004, when she appeared on both Bravo and USA Network. (She worked as a reporter and analyst in previous Games. The Tokyo Olympics represent her 15th as a broadcaster, and her 12th with NBC.)

There was a learning curve that first summer, especially in the humor that was tolerated around equestrian — and specifically in dressage.

“After the third time I said it, I was told in no uncertain terms that I couldn’t keep saying: ‘Alright, let’s throw it out to horse dancing,’” Carillo said with a laugh. “I was spoken to about that.”

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: BMC and RoccoF14

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL

Carillo was making her debut as a full-time Olympic host in 2004, when she appeared on both Bravo and USA Network. (She worked as a reporter and analyst in previous Games. The Tokyo Olympics represent her 15th as a broadcaster, and her 12th with NBC.)

There was a learning curve that first summer, especially in the humor that was tolerated around equestrian — and specifically in dressage.

“After the third time I said it, I was told in no uncertain terms that I couldn’t keep saying: ‘Alright, let’s throw it out to horse dancing,’” Carillo said with a laugh. “I was spoken to about that.”
And THAT, is why Mary Carillo is the f***ing G.O.A.T….I loved her on HBO’s Real Sports, too.

• Love
Reactions: BMC

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Marathon is on now. It's usually boring as shit over 26 miles of this but they're running through the heart of Paris which is pretty cool tbqh

Reactions: BMC and Fenway

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Marathon is on now. It's usually boring as shit over 26 miles of this but they're running through the heart of Paris which is pretty cool tbqh
OBS had a nice clean feed for the marathon

It has been a good gig - Monday will be strike day and I have to make sure everything is packed before the truck drives to Le Havre for the boat trip to Brooklyn.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
OBS had a nice clean feed for the marathon

It has been a good gig - Monday will be strike day and I have to make sure everything is packed before the truck drives to Le Havre for the boat trip to Brooklyn.
You best be bringing us back some Parisian cookies

• Love
Reactions: Fenway and BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad