OT - NO POLITICS 2024 Paris Olympics

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Tiny isn't it? Exquisite all the same. Although there are other paintings in the Louvre that interest me more.

Have you been to the d'Orsay? It's collection of Impressionists and Van Goghs is top notch.
@Aussie Bruin - My current location

I can see the balloon flame through the clock

1722243626498.png

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I know the times make everything difficult to show live, but overall I've greatly enjoyed the coverage. Peacock is crushing it. It's also great to be able to yell "Olympics" into my tv remote and be presented with all of the events currently available for me to watch. Truthfully, it all feels live to me!

• Love
Reactions: Alicat

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Peacock is really the best way to see events in full. You can also watch live on nbc and other channels throughout the day.

Peacock is worth the money for the olympics
Huh, completely forgot about that. I've been so frustrated trying to find the things I want to watch. Finally found a way to just record all the events I want to watch and just watch them when I can. I will go to Peacock app and see if it's easier to find stuff!

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Huh, completely forgot about that. I've been so frustrated trying to find the things I want to watch. Finally found a way to just record all the events I want to watch and just watch them when I can. I will go to Peacock app and see if it's easier to find stuff!
Super easy. There is a tab for the Olympics and then it tells you what is on live and what is upcoming. You can also search by sport. It will also let you watch individual events 24 hours later.

I love that in gymnastics, I can watch the meet by team or watch one or all 4 events at once. You get the international feed and Olly is one of the best announcers out there.

Like Mike said, if you put on the general Olympic feed, it is essentially the Olympics version of RedZone.

Mick Riddleton

Boomer : This, gentlemen, is no time to think.
Apr 24, 2017
Overreaction IMO. Canadian response is well done. Up to what we know, Canadian players have nothing to do with it. Now I am going back to cheer for our girls.
Amazing what the girls did versus France after going down 1-0 and eventually winning 2-1. They added 13 minutes of added time, then stretched it out to 17 before the final whistle.

Reactions: Bradely

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
You have to love how swimming has been going in these Olympics. Yes the US, and Australia have combined for 5 golds and 17 medals through 12 events so far. But we have 14 nations have already won a medal, and 8 separate nations have won golds, and I think we have had 10 individual events with 8 countries winning gold, and 10 different winners.

Yesterday was amazing with 5 events, 5 different countries, winning gold, and 10 countries winning medals. Romania, South Africa, Australia, Italy, and Canada all won golds. Add in US, Ireland, Hong Kong, China, and great Britain winning medals. Had to be one of the great days ever for the sport

Popovici winning from Romania is just an insane story with him training in a public pool, turning down the chance to come to the US to make money swimming for an American college with elite training facilities.

Last edited:

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
You have to love how swimming has been going in these Olympics. Yes the US, and Australia have combined for 5 golds and 17 medals through 12 events so far. But we have 14 nations have already won a medal, and 8 separate nations have won golds, and I think we have had 10 individual events with 8 countries winning gold, and 10 different winners.

Yesterday was amazing with 5 events, 5 different countries, winning gold, and 10 countries winning medals. Romania, South Africa, Australia, Italy, and Canada all won golds. Add in US, Ireland, Hong Kong, China, and great Britain winning medals. Had to be one of the great days ever for the sport

Popovici winning from Romania is just an insane story with him training in a public pool, turning down the chance to come to the US to make money swimming for an American college with elite training facilities.

Yeah I fully agree. It's been great to see the increased national diversity in the swimming. On a purely patriotic note it's a shame to see the decline amongst the Australian men, but folk from all over are getting amongst it and that's good for the sport and makes for better competition.

I think the peak US v Aus battle in this meet is going to be Kaylee McKeown and Regan Smith head to head in the 100m backstroke tonight. That could absolutely go either way.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
USA vs. Great Britain in the men’s 4x- 200m Free is going to be incredible later. USA has won it the last 4 Olympics.

Swimming has been the best event to watch outside Gymnastics.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad