Confirmed with Link: Nick Robertson asks for trade (Update signs 1 year/875k deal with leafs)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
The Nick Robertson camp instigated the fight with the Leafs, so if it came down to placating the little brat and backing down to his all powerful agency, maybe the right play is to just do nothing and show them how little they matter? What’s the downside here, Pat Brisson isn’t going to give us a deep discount on Elias Pettersson or one of his other useful clients?

What was the conversation?

I must be out of the loop where the back and forth was leaked.

Ah yes, the biggest agent in the NHL has stopped signing new players, how did I forget...

In your world, players dictate where and how they can play, at any time of their career?

Robertson being the GM of the Leafs is not what is best for the team.

Not sure what you're talking about anymore

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
What do you care, he’s a “fringe” player. Why does it matter so much to you?

In real life, nothing. But in hockey-hobby head space on a message board it's a big source of drama and pre-pre season chatter. Like your ongoing grumbling about Nylander, for example.

Reactions: Jmo89 and ULF_55

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
What was the conversation?

I must be out of the loop where the back and forth was leaked.

Ah yes, the biggest agent in the NHL has stopped signing new players, how did I forget...

Just boils down to one simple thing really. Are you a Toronto Maple Leafs fan in all of this, or a Nick Robertson fan? That will inform how you see this.

Reactions: HolyCrap

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
In real life, nothing. But in hockey-hobby head space on a message board it's a big source of drama and pre-pre season chatter. Like your ongoing grumbling about Nylander, for example.
Doesn’t have to be offseason for me to opine on how Nylander won the lottery with his latest contract, he’ll never live up to that gift imo…….

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Just boils down to one simple thing really. Are you a Toronto Maple Leafs fan in all of this, or a Nick Robertson fan? That will inform how you see this.

I am a Leaf fan, this means I want Robertson on the team, and if that is not the case, I want him traded to get some assets out of it.

This isn't hard, I want the best team on the ice.

Are the people wanting to prove a point a fan of bad decisions? Because it doesn't help the Leafs or Robertson.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Doesn’t have to be offseason for me to opine on how Nylander won the lottery with his latest contract, he’ll never live up to that gift imo…….
Well 4 or 5 years from now it will be fair, as long as he maintains his current status.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Dominates the OHL
Plays amazing in the AHL
Has a higher PPG than Knies and McMann while being put in a worse position

What else is he supposed to do?

Knies has a higher PPG average of 0.43 to Robertson's 0.39 despite being a year younger and having 2 less pro seasons of development. He also has 7x time playoff points Robertson has scored in the playoffs.

But yeah, if Robertson doesn't think he can improve on anything and is standing around asking what he can improve, that wouldn't bode well for him.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Dominates the OHL
Plays amazing in the AHL

Fist fight…….the answer is always fight
😏

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
One question that would be interesting to put to Robertson might be, "where do you think your career should have gotten to by now, that the Leafs got in the way of, excluding injuries?"

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Knies has a higher PPG average of 0.43 to Robertson's 0.39 despite being a year younger and having 2 less pro seasons of development. He also has 7x time playoff points Robertson has scored in the playoffs.

But yeah, if Robertson doesn't think he can improve on anything and is standing around asking what he can improve, that wouldn't bode well for him.

I am referencing last year as each player is young, and this is the first time Robertson had significant time in the NHL.

Are you going to comment on how McMann is 27? It is weird to only single out one player out of the two mentioned.

Or a Dubas fan…….fixed it for you. Lol

Yes, I am a Dubas fan because I am hoping the Leafs don't waste one of their best young players.

Makes perfect sense, logical like always.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I am referencing last year as each player is young, and this is the first time Robertson had significant time in the NHL.

Are you going to comment on how McMann is 27? It is weird to only single out one player out of the two mentioned.

The timeframe you're referencing doesn't matter.

The Leafs qualified Robertson and have offered him a contract and made it known in public there are openings available to him, as in he did enough last year to warrant an NHL job for 2024-25. Same thing afforded to McMann. He hasn't been wronged here.

Reactions: ULF_55

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Just catching up on a few pages and someone mentioned this is a poor look for the leafs organization. No it’s not and players will still want to come to Toronto. Vegas is ruthless to their players and players still going there.

This Robertson issue isn’t the first time any NHL team has gone through this and won’t be the last.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
maybe he doesn't want to be sent down again, and again, for no reason other than they don't have cap room because they failed to manage their cap appropriately. So Nick needs to suffer? i think he deserves somewhere else.
there's no reason to demote him right now. our biggest need is prob LW. I dunno where he will have a better opportunity than he does here and would command enough value to make it worth the Leafs time.

Im sorry but for basically a 3rd he's not a giant need to move. he can suffer or sign and play good enough to earn his trade. teams can reject trading a player just because they requested it. this is on Nick if he doesn't want to play he doesn't have to. but again moving him for a 3rd in value doesn't make sense at all so screw Nick. Leafs needs come first

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
The timeframe you're referencing doesn't matter.

The Leafs qualified Robertson and have offered him a contract and made it known in public there are openings available to him, as in he did enough last year to warrant an NHL job for 2024-25. Same thing afforded to McMann. He hasn't been wronged here.

Why hasn't Robertson signed?

Multiple times you've spoken as though you know what is happening between the two sides and every time I ask for more info you never give me any.

Hoping we can get the inside scoop that you have.

Just catching up on a few pages and someone mentioned this is a poor look for the leafs organization. No it’s not and players will still want to come to Toronto. Vegas is ruthless to their players and players still going there.

This Robertson issue isn’t the first time any NHL team has gone through this and won’t be the last.

Vegas is a way better city to play in, it is probably one of the most fun teams to play for.

It is a bad look for Toronto if they make this personal and hurt the team to hurt the player, many people are suggesting this.

I think Treliving is handling this well currently, it sounds like he is trying to find a way to keep Robertson and have him play for us.

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
He isn't waiver exempt now, so another team could claim him.

And he'll be on a one-way deal, so same money.

Unless he thinks no one would claim him?
pretty sure he needs to be under contract for waivers. he's able to sign a offer sheet but considering he wants out. those likely aren't happening for him.
he literally has next to zero value.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008

Players aready don’t want to sign here, this Robertson thing will have zero impact either way imo……

there's no reason to demote him right now. our biggest need is prob LW. I dunno where he will have a better opportunity than he does here and would command enough value to make it worth the Leafs time.

Im sorry but for basically a 3rd he's not a giant need to move. he can suffer or sign and play good enough to earn his trade. teams can reject trading a player just because they requested it. this is on Nick if he doesn't want to play he doesn't have to. but again moving him for a 3rd in value doesn't make sense at all so screw Nick. Leafs needs come first
Robertson’s worth way more than a 3rd rounder, in fact he’s worth way more ghan a 2nd rounder……..

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
pretty sure he needs to be under contract for waivers. he's able to sign a offer sheet but considering he wants out. those likely aren't happening for him.
he literally has next to zero value.

No, I was referring to after he signs. They couldn't just stuff him in the minors without giving all the other teams a free shot at him.

My guess he could agree to a contract above the offer and be guaranteed $1mm+ this year.

Doesn't sound like he needs the money.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Dominates the OHL
Plays amazing in the AHL

I wouldn't call his play in the AHL "amazing". I would say he played "well enough" to be a call-up in the NHL. If he was all these things you're saying he'd show it. With proper 20/20 eye sight you might agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad