OT - NO POLITICS 2024 Paris Olympics

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
USA vs. Great Britain in the men’s 4x- 200m Free is going to be incredible later. USA has won it the last 4 Olympics.

Swimming has been the best event to watch outside Gymnastics.

Not quite. Britain won in Tokyo, but yeah the US dominated before that. Expect the Brits to defend their title here, but good luck to your boys!

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
The surfing in Tahiti is insane. The waves are perfect. I haven’t surfed in 30 years, but it’s making me wanna move back to California and get a board. Just gotta convince the wife. She’s from Santa Barbara but has absolutely no desire to get back to Cali…

Colin Jost wouldn’t have been my choice to be the on site reporter, but he’s actually a pretty decent surfer.

Reactions: sarge88

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I assume we won't be able to talk about the women's Boxing in this thread?
Likely not because some posters can't help but turn things into a political mess depending on the topic.

Here are a few articles for those who want to know more about it. Based on reading these articles, it seems this whole thing stems from some sort of dispute between the IOC and the International Boxing Association over Russian bans and who has been banned since before Tokyo. Also, both women participated in Tokyo.

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Can we talk about female Olympic boxing. Yes, absolutely talk about the matches if you want to .

But seeing what Alicat has posted. Discussions about the outside the ring goings on relative to female boxing is probably pretty out of bounds for the thread, and the board.

And thank you Alicat for posting the links, as I have not bee following at all so didn't know what original poster was referring to

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Can we talk about female Olympic boxing. Yes, absolutely talk about the matches if you want to .

But seeing what Alicat has posted. Discussions about the outside the ring goings on relative to female boxing is probably pretty out of bounds for the thread, and the board.

And thank you Alicat for posting the links, as I have not bee following at all so didn't know what original poster was referring to
I saw it briefly and it seems like more information is finally coming out about the situation so hopefully the focus can go back to what a great sport it is, how it has evolved and to the competitors.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
The surfing in Tahiti is insane. The waves are perfect. I haven’t surfed in 30 years, but it’s making me wanna move back to California and get a board. Just gotta convince the wife. She’s from Santa Barbara but has absolutely no desire to get back to Cali…

Colin Jost wouldn’t have been my choice to be the on site reporter, but he’s actually a pretty decent surfer.
Any idea I had of surfing ended after watching the Baywatch episode with the mutant alligator.

My fear of alligators was greater then hanging with all those female life guards and surfing

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Jordan Chiles god damn.
She's amazing. I am so glad she kept a lot of her UCLA sass in the routine. It really sucks there is a 2 per country rule for all around. She deserves to be there with her teammates. She does that floor routine during floor finals and she'll get a medal.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
She's amazing. I am so glad she kept a lot of her UCLA sass in the routine. It really sucks there is a 2 per country rule for all around. She deserves to be there with her teammates. She does that floor routine during floor finals and she'll get a medal.

Considering they award three medals it's f***ing stupid each country only gets two.

Reactions: RoccoF14

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Simone Biles gets so much air on her floor exercise it seems to defy physics.
We will never see someone like her again.

These girls battled through so much leading up to this moment outside the gym. Definitely teary-eyed.

Winning by 5.8 points! That's a bloodbath

Reactions: Bocephus86

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Team USA with the gold again. It's wonderful to see these girls win again.

Especially Simone, especially with all the abuse that was going on. To preserve. To continue in a sport where there's a lot of trauma, she really came back stronger than ever.

Abusive regime is gone. Girls look healthy. They get to eat pizza and ice cream and are SO happy about it on tiktok, etc It's a new era for USA Gymnastics. Keep it going.

Simone Biles defies gravity. Truly.

Reactions: BMC and TD Charlie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad